• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Wii New Items

i think there should be a few new items such as this one to replace the ball and chain
The Cannon
since it features adult link there should be like a mini cannon that barages cannonballs to reach hard to reach rocks

Woi=]uldn't that be the same as using the Bomb arrows because all it is is a weapon that destroys a high up obstacle.
Since he's implying it's related to the Ball & Chain and says it would let you reach high up areas, I think he means it's a cannon that shoots a ball that's attached to the cannon by a chain.

Interesting idea, although I'm not sure it would fit in with Zelda that much. It also sounds like a "heavy" version of the Hookshot.

I would love to see some new items, I don't really care what just something to up the game. I would also love to see them bring the magic bar back to the new game. So in a way if they did that they could have new magical items.

I would love to see A return of the Crosssbow as a upgrade to the bow.
This.

And I think the cannon would be more likely to replace the bomb arrows, or even the bombs, before it replaced the ball and chain.

As for other items I'd like to see, they mostly involve the Ball and Chain and the Spinner. I loved these items so much, I'd hate to see them go just as quickly as they appeared!

Ball and Chain: This item brought something new to the tables: destruction of property. I had fun breaking tables, flooring, walls, and even suits of armor. This item was well thought out, and brings some uniqueness to the Zelda franchise. It was a very good weapon, too. Swinging it around, you could get oncoming enemies way before they got you, without stopping to aim at each one. It was fun to throw around, acted as a shield of sorts, and was just a good idea in general. It should stay.

Spinner: Another great idea! Perfect to cut across sand, and ride upon railings, right? I liked how it was executed in the game. It was mostly used for transportation, but could also be used as a weapon. It wasn't used enough, and should appear in the next game as well.

Crossbow: A wonderful upgrade to the Bow, without going into guns! Really, PH and ST are moving forward technologically, meaning they should really consider this idea. It would make a lot of sense, especially with the upcoming train.

EDIT:

Triforce of Courage: Okay, so it's technically already in the game, but what does it do for Link, really? Not much, I can tell you that. Ganondorf gets amazing strength from his Triforce of Power, Zelda gets wisdom from her Triforce of Wisdom, but Link only gets "courage"? Well, he's saving Hyrule from Ganondorf, which you would think would be in favor of the Goddesses. So why doesn't Farore, at least, aid Link in his quest? I'm suggesting something like Farore's Wind. But more to it than there was in OoT.

Farore's Wind shouldn't just be used to teleport to dungeons! That makes it practically useless, since you're hardly running in and out of the dungeon anyway. So it should work more like Midna's teleporting system did in TP. This would be much more useful to players, especially if the land is as massive as it was in TP, OoT, etc.

Something else that's been discussed between myself and others is the possibility of Farore's Wind summoning up a tornado to sweep through the room and harm every monster. This would be an effective area of effect attack, thus making it easier to take on hoardes of monsters.

Finally, Farore's Wind should give you the option to change the wind direction. This, of course, would only be useful if you could use it to glide. Well, that leads me into the next item I would like to see.

Farore's Wings (name pending): The name hasn't been decided upon yet, but I figured this would be good. Basically, it's an item that gives Link bird wings that allows him to glide. Also given to Link by Farore, he can now ride the wind. You are able to glide up but lose speed, or down and gain speed, and have a certain amount of boosts available to you. There is a meter that measures how long you can fly (similar to the magic meter), and once it runs out, you float down until you touch the ground. Once you touch the ground, your boost ammunition returns.

This has been discussed by someone else and I, and has gone from armor to wings. I think it's a good idea with a lot of potential, especially when used with Farore's Wind.

Last edited:

Clucluclu

Time for waffles
I would also like to see more implications of the TP. Most every item was virtually useless after the dungeon. Especially the Dominion Rod which I particularly thought was an incredible idea.

Magic Item:
Cane of Somaria
makes normal pushable blocks in the fieled.place a block over a gab to create a platform

ironknuckle1

Archer Extraordinaire
I would like to see the dominion rod used to control certain enemies that are in lots of dungeons. Sort of like in the ST commercial where he is controlling a phantom which is also a enemy in PH.

While I wouldn't mind some brand new items, I'm kind of hoping old 2D items can make a comeback here. Anyone remember the medallions from ALttP? I would love to see how some of those would work in a 3D environment. The Pegasus Boots might be cool to see too, maybe they could rush you forward a short way causing damage to anything in your way? I also missed the ice rod (one of my favorites in ALttP actually) in the 3D games as well. Besides old items though, I would like to see existing items improved. That's one of my biggest hopes for Wii Zelda: Take the amazing and creative ideas TP had, and master them. Make them the best they can be. If they can accomplish that, the game is such to be pretty good. Who didn't think that the items in TP, while they weren't used much, were new and refreshing?

ironknuckle1

Archer Extraordinaire
Yeah what about the return if the ice and fire rod and when you get these you can use tham on your arrows to make elemental arrows.

Yeah what about the return if the ice and fire rod and when you get these you can use tham on your arrows to make elemental arrows.
like launch the rod like they were arrows.
oh,i think a rope arrow should be like a hookshot.Like to reach places the hookshot can't

ironknuckle1

Archer Extraordinaire
no more like use there magic to make elemental arrows and i like the rope arrow idea except it would take away the hookshot my fav item

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
I don't really have any ideas for new items, or ideas for returning items.

However, I would like to see magic make a comeback - therefore, magic items. As well, again like other have said, have items that actually have a significant use after their respective dungeon - like the spinner. I loved that item in TP, but there was never much of a need for it after the AG.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom