• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Wii Master Sword!

LinkAlmighty

Waker of the Winds
Oh i think its a sequel of TP.
In the interview myamoto stated a couple of things. Altough it may be a sequal, it plays in a different area, so i don't think it plays in hyrule...who knows. At least thats what miyamoto stated.

Actually, if you look at the quote of what Miyamoto said, he said it takes place in a different era than TP, this makes it look like it might not be a TP sequel if it happens in a different era.

The possibilities are that:

1. It will be a TP sequel
2. It has the chance at being an MM sequel (Link looks similar to the Hero of Time)
3. It could be a completely different Link and might even go first in the timeline
4. It even has the chance of going somewhere after TWW (due to how both the master sword like sage and the Queen of Fairies in WW look very similar)

If it's any one of these(and it probably is due to the openess of them) I'll be happy, but for now, I'm just going to wait for more info about this game to go on, rather than just one picture.

O

older1

First post dudes...

If this game does get to the origins of the Master Sword, it had better be the most epic and brutal story ever told. You just don't go somewhere so hallowed and iconic and not make it totally worth it. Gutting Gannon like a fish with it never gets old.

Ben

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
Actually, if you look at the quote of what Miyamoto said, he said it takes place in a different era than TP, this makes it look like it might not be a TP sequel if it happens in a different era.

The possibilities are that:

1. It will be a TP sequel
2. It has the chance at being an MM sequel (Link looks similar to the Hero of Time)
3. It could be a completely different Link and might even go first in the timeline
4. It even has the chance of going somewhere after TWW (due to how both the master sword like sage and the Queen of Fairies in WW look very similar)

If it's any one of these(and it probably is due to the openess of them) I'll be happy, but for now, I'm just going to wait for more info about this game to go on, rather than just one picture.

maybe but he also stated "Link is older than he was previously. More approaching adulthood."
Yes the strory setting is in a completely different era. doesn't has to mean that its a different timeline, but a different land outside hyrule or something. If you look at the quote, its save to assume that its the same link of TP only more older reaching adulthood.
Lol maybe he will have a more heavy voice, the voice of link in TP was already awsome.
But i highly doubt that its in the timeline of WW.

Eh, I really don't know about this theory. I mean, several of the pieces of evidence that link this strange effigy to the Master Sword could easily just be decoration and circumstantial. However, the jewel and the pattern on the thing's stomach do seem a little too close to the Master Sword. But still, I have my doubts.

Yes the strory setting is in a completely different era. doesn't has to mean that its a different timeline, but a different land outside hyrule or something. If you look at the quote, its save to assume that its the same link of TP only more older reaching adulthood.

Oni, I think you have the meaning of "era" a little mixed up. An era is a sort of measure of time. If this game is stated to be "in a new era" it means it most likely isn't near any of the other games on the timeline, won't be a direct sequel or prequel to anything, and will have a totally new Link in it.

Lol maybe he will have a more heavy voice, the voice of link in TP was already awsome.
But i highly doubt that its in the timeline of WW.

Lol, I could just imagine that. Like Link in Smash Bros who's gotten a mushroom, and has an extremely deep voice :xd:

Ninten*

BLOOOOOOOO
Just becuase she has a tiny resemblence to the Master Sword doesn't mean that she is. It was actually stated that she is NOT the Master Sword. Oh and I didn't want to spoil so you have to highlight the black part to see what it says.

vatti

The Acorn sized Magician
I thought the girl could be the spirit of the master sword, or somethhing. I had gotten so excited about it that I drew a spirit for ganons swor and zelda's sword. That probably seems wierd.

Just becuase she has a tiny resemblence to the Master Sword doesn't mean that she is. It was actually stated that she is NOT the Master Sword. Oh and I didn't want to spoil so you have to highlight the black part to see what it says.

You have to read the posts following as you missed something before making your point to try and dismiss the already discussed theory. It has already been stated that she is unlikely to be the Master Sword herself but that it could infact be her soul contained inside of it, Vergo made some valid points on why this would make sense.

I'd also like to add that the resemblence between her and the Master Sword isn't tiny in my opinion, if there was only one or two similarites, then yes, I'd agree with you but when you get to the stage where there is at least 5 and could be more then it seems to perfect to be a coincidence in the designing of this character.

You could be right on the fact that she isn't the Master Sword but could have merely been inspiration for it's design but until more infomation on who she if or when the game comes go out, I'm going to stick with the theory we discussed here and in the SB a while back. To me it makes perfect sense for her soul to be involved with the making of the Master Sword's power.

You have to read the posts following as you missed something before making your point to try and dismiss the already discussed theory. It has already been stated that she is unlikely to be the Master Sword herself but that it could infact be her soul contained inside of it, Vergo made some valid points on why this would make sense.

I'd also like to add that the resemblence between her and the Master Sword isn't tiny in my opinion, if there was only one or two similarites, then yes, I'd agree with you but when you get to the stage where there is at least 5 and could be more then it seems to perfect to be a coincidence in the designing of this character.

You could be right on the fact that she isn't the Master Sword but could have merely been inspiration for it's design but until more infomation on who she if or when the game comes go out, I'm going to stick with the theory we discussed here and in the SB a while back. To me it makes perfect sense for her soul to be involved with the making of the Master Sword's power.

I agree the resemblences of the girl with the master sword aren't tiny. On the other way, there are A LOT of resemblences!
1. The color: the same tone as it is the most common for the MSword
2. The shape: the diamond in the middle, her cape looks like the wings in the hilt of the MSword, etc.
3. And the most important in my opinion: It's completely clear she is in the position the MSword usually gets in Link's back (Plus: he's missing the sword!).

So I still think she is the Master Sword somehow. If not THE sword, perhaps her soul or incarnation, or something like that.

And imagine this: having the most beloved artifact of the whole series as you SIDEKICK this time (like Navi/Midna) is a brilliant idea!

Ninten*

BLOOOOOOOO

I mean I read the interview thing on the main site. But you're right. We just have to wait and see about what happens in the game actually comes out. Too bad I don't have a Wii.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom