• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Wii = Last Game??

Zelda Wii == last Zelda game?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
M

majoraskullkid

Definitely not. There is no reason for it to stop because it is so much appreciated by the fans and Nintendo does really A LOT of money with these games and I think this series should never die.

And it is my favorite video game series...lol

Zelda_Queen

Hick Hylian
any good buisness dude would keep the series going! the BEST series makes th BEST cash! ocarina of time is the most sold game on record!

i just found a quote that sorta popped at me.
By: megamannt125
People who are so afraid of the series ending need to realize all good things must come to an end. People who would get mad forget we'll still have the games of past, and if you only care about Nintendo making new ones, then what kind of Zelda fan are you?
when we do run out, (which i dont want to happen soon) y not replay or find older games from the series? it wont b the end of the world (completely)

Last edited by a moderator:
there are a couple of series that if they stopped nintendo would almost die...1. Mario bros. 2. legend of zelda. 3.metroid. if nintendo stopped making any of those series = big loss of $$$$

B

Bongo_Bongo

They at least have to tie up the timeline, or tell us there isn't one before they end it...

Juxtor

aka. musician_4_life
I think they still have lots more to go in the series. They rack in SOOOOOOOOOO much money on this franchise. I do not see this series dying soo quickly. Give it another 20 or 30 years, then maybe.......

43ForceGems

Quid est veritas, Claudia
I said no, just because I really don't want it to be. There's no reason for Miyamoto to just blantely stop his 2nd most famous video game series, and possibly the most successful. There's just no point. Oh here's Miyamoto saying, "Let's quit making Zelda because everyone loves it and would hate us if we stopped. Hmm...... *deep thought* Yeah let's quit Zelda."
No way. He would never say that. If Zelda Wii is the last game, I'll be soooooooooo ticked.

C

Caleb, Of Asui

There's no way Zelda Wii will be the last Zelda game. It's simply way too profitable of a series to just disappear. Video game series never just end when they're finished like a book series. If a company can make money off a game, they're going to make more. They don't stay on the shelf like books; they have to be replenished periodically to fortify the company's income from that franchise.

I think that a good piece of evidence that the Zelda series is "healthy" (and I think this applies to any game series in general) is the fact that they're making spin-offs. There would be no reason for them to make something silly like Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland if the main series isn't healthy. (The only real exception would be the Super Smash Bros. games as spin-offs, since that's its own series and receives characters from all over.)

Ninten*

BLOOOOOOOO
Hopefully.
People who are so afraid of the series ending need to realize all good things must come to an end. People who would get mad forget we'll still have the games of past, and if you only care about Nintendo making new ones, then what kind of Zelda fan are you?

You are proving a point. Not everything will keep going. But why are you wanting the series to end. There's a lot of mysteries that haven't been solved. There are people who have played or own every game. These people will get bored of the game. After everyone plays all of the games that exits now, it'll get boring and no one will play them. Some will never even get to play the old ones. For example, I may never get to play a Zelda game until I'm an adult. I have only played 6 Zelda games. I may never play a console game like OoT or MM. I may never even get to play WW.

I said no, just because I really don't want it to be. There's no reason for Miyamoto to just blantely stop his 2nd most famous video game series, and possibly the most successful. There's just no point. Oh here's Miyamoto saying, "Let's quit making Zelda because everyone loves it and would hate us if we stopped. Hmm...... *deep thought* Yeah let's quit Zelda."
No way. He would never say that. If Zelda Wii is the last game, I'll be soooooooooo ticked.

It's actually the 3rd most successful. Read the next paragraph.

I don't want the series to end. It's like saying that Nintendo is going to cancel Mario and put some other boring game to replace it. I read in the Guiness Book of World Records 2010 Gamer's Edition that Zelda is the 3rd most succcessful video game. If the series end, I'll be so pissed off.
It's actually 3rd most successful if that's what you mean. Read the next paragraph for where I got my info.

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
For those who are unaware, a rumor of Zelda Wii being the last game was brought on by not being unable to understand the difference of "series" and "saga". Rumors started on 2Chan said that Zelda Wii would be the last of the saga-- the saga the rumors are talking about is the Hero of Time saga, as the current rumor is that Zelda Wii takes place after MM when Link is an adult. So, that's where all this nonsense started- with a misunderstanding of something that's just a rumor to begin with.

Anyway, no, I don't think it'll be the last. Why? It's a huge franchise. It's right up there with Mario. Nintendo needs both Mario and Zelda. Mario is an easy series to use to get casual gamers into new fads. Zelda is more of a way to get more serious games into said fads. In my opinion, Zelda should've ended at OoT. Don't get me wrong, I loved TWW, but I feel like Aonuma is poisoning the series. That's my own opinion, though. In any case, Nintendo surely isn't going to let Zelda die anytime soon.

TriforceHunter

Forever I am Abandoned
Why would they end it? thiink about, why would they end something that makes them money? This is Nintendo who we are talking about here, the same people who should have ended Pokemon after G/S/C.

If they did end it, wouldn't we have known about it by now?

If they do end it, they could still have the potential to start a new series from scratch.

L

leftyrock91

For those who are unaware, a rumor of Zelda Wii being the last game was brought on by not being unable to understand the difference of "series" and "saga". Rumors started on 2Chan said that Zelda Wii would be the last of the saga-- the saga the rumors are talking about is the Hero of Time saga, as the current rumor is that Zelda Wii takes place after MM when Link is an adult. So, that's where all this nonsense started- with a misunderstanding of something that's just a rumor to begin with.

Anyway, no, I don't think it'll be the last. Why? It's a huge franchise. It's right up there with Mario. Nintendo needs both Mario and Zelda. Mario is an easy series to use to get casual gamers into new fads. Zelda is more of a way to get more serious games into said fads. In my opinion, Zelda should've ended at OoT. Don't get me wrong, I loved TWW, but I feel like Aonuma is poisoning the series. That's my own opinion, though. In any case, Nintendo surely isn't going to let Zelda die anytime soon.

I agree with you 100% dude. It did start with all that rumor bull crap. The Zelda series is not going to end. I know all that "Good things have to come to an end" stuff, but guys, that's not now. That's a long, long, LONG way off. Nintendo still has a long way to go with the Zelda franchise.

ケンジ

僕は準備完了しています!
Paranaque City, Metro Manila, Philippines
The Legend of Zelda is a too big of a game to end. If they were to end this series, then they would loose one of the best games ever made. Ending a million dollar franchise is like destroying a winning lottery ticket. No one would want to end a source of large income and a source of enjoyment of other players.

Zelda Wii won't be the last. It's not possible. All rumors I've heard so far are it being the end of it's kind. I've read many posts here and some say this is the end of the Hero of Time Saga, I say let's not judge yet, we should wait for E3 to come out then we can assume our theories and hypothesis.

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
When Nintendo outright says that it is the last game, then it will be the last game. However, the Zelda series is alive, kicking, and has a dedicated fanbase who all love it. LOZ is a game for theorists and thoughtful discussion. The characters and world are bountiful and unique. Why would anyone end such a beautiful series now?

...Plus the game is still raking in the dough and money talks...

Anemos

Master of Chaos
I can guarantee that it will not be the last game of the series.

The Legend of Zelda is too good of a series / money-maker to get rid of.

Besides, if they did, they'd deal with more than a few angry letters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom