• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Wii Essentials!

Jesper

I am baaacccckkkk
More epic fight scenes
More awesome techniques
Magic meter
More puzzles
Epic soundtrack
Multiplayer (more like minigames where you compete against other people)
Minigames
Master Sword. It's the most EPIC sword of all time. No discussion.
Graphics isnt that much of an issue, but gameplay matters the most.
Epic story.
Cooler bosses
More creative equipment
More use of the Wiimote
No animals or morphing stuff. It kinda got overused it TP.
No more iron boots! Its good for making puzzles and stuff, but its kinda overused.
Harder and cooler overworld enemies.
Completion meter. What if you havent completed the game absolutely 100%? Maybe forgot some treasures etc...
4-heart pieces = container system, but with better hiding places
Less annoying overworld enemies (leavers and stuff)
More sidequests!
Bigger and more fuller fishing pond. I really enjoy fishing in video games, you're bound to get some.
Less superfreaky things :/ Its cool and all, but sometimes it gets too much. Like redeads, and those hands holding the Sol's in Twilight Princess. My heartbeat was up to a 1000 there.
WARP SYSTEM!!

These are all I can think off for now...
Might post more though if I come up with some.

Link1432

Most Uncreatively Named
- Fully orchestrated soundtrack
- Fullest extent of Wii graphics
- More towns, or just more activity (so it's not just you and a bunch of enemies in the field)
- More open overworlds (AKA less cliffs cutting you off)
- Dungeons that don't feel like dungeons (let me explain. In OoT, it took me a while to realize that Jabu-Jabu was actually a dungeon. Something like that)
- More difficulty; I don't want to be able to complete the game without dying more than once or twice
- Voice acting (but only if it's done perfectly)
- Better sneaking around-type quests (even better than the Gerudo Fortress)
- More developed, thought out story
- No more "puppet villains" (like Zant in TP, Vaati in FSA, etc. The first villain introduced should not be secretly controlled by another one)

Overall, I've got big hopes for this game.

A

Alzecha

I like all the ideas i've heard so far. But i'm not sure if someone has suggested this yet, but i must put this out there. I love Zelda, and the puzzles can be quite challenging. But when it comes to combat...

DIFFUCULTY SETTING ANYONE???

Items like this are the most important ones

-The best graphics in the wii so far, using all the wii capacity.

-classic itens like arrows, boms and double clawshot (my favorite item :) )

-Brand new and creative itens

-magic spells

-wider variety of enviromnents. I'm sick of Hyrule field, IT'S JUST AN OPEN FIELD, give me forests, mountains, rock formations. Just lake hylia, goron mountain and everything is already old. It would be the first step to a unforgiveble Zelda. Give me something great, gorgeous and unforgiveble!!!

-combining itens, just llike the bomb arrows in TP.

-Zelda and Link.

-different clothes, but not the same "fire and water tunics".

-Smarter use of itens. Why everything has to be like "use that item on that spot"? I want more creative itens to be used in inteligent ways.

-New kinds of sidequests. But more creative, not like the ones we have today.

-deep and developed story and characters.

-An optional temple and optional itens

-Different and realistic art style. I don't know why, but I wasn't completely glad with the TP art style.

-Difficult settings that can be changed anytime. not for the temples and puzzles, but for the attack, life and speed of enemies and bosses.

-new kinds of dungeons and puzzles. Why there's always have to be a fire, ice, water, shadow, etc. temple with the same kind of puzzles ???

-Criative and never-seen before bosses. The spider-boss in the temple of time in TP was just silly, easy and disapointing; anyone thinks so too???

-New epic and moving music and a fully orchestrated soundtrack!

-At least one weird and/or funny character, like Tingle or Ooccoo.

-Sword and shield.

-new ways to use the sword and shield.

Can't think of anythink else right now.

Last edited:

Ikana

Trollkastel
Lets see
The Magic Meeter with some cool spells
Link and Zelda You have to have them
A better partner
At least 9 Dungeons
Harder Bosses and Dungeon
Darker Storyline like MM
More Tunics

Thats all I can think of Might add more to the list

Rishian

The Meat Shield
I want all of the original items, plus perhaps a couple new ones.
Being able to do different 'combos' when attacking would be cool... espically if a certain finish for a combo would do additional damage to certain types of enemies..
Also.. the return of magic attacks would be good. Perhaps some type of magic that allows you to find rupees easier? LOL!
I'd also like to see the return of 'hunting' a certain type of enemy.

Also... (although this may not work..) multiplayer (either online or offline?)

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
I agree with everyone really, sidequests are cool and I think the plot really needs to be a good one. Also I think some new enemies would give it that extra thing it needs!

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
I would like to see a total change of pace from the TP storyline. Just something that takes us as far away from hyrule and ganondorf as possible. Also Cuccos!!! other than that, a few, hints at past games, and some great bosses and dungeons. I cant really say to much because i probably wont get what i want but here's hoping right?

Z

Zoras Domain

-Great Orchestrated Music
-Link and Zelda
-ORIGINAL Storyline
-Magic Metre + some cool Spells
-Basic Races eg. Gorons, Zoras , maybe Gerudos
-Insturment
-Epona
-No Big Empty Field
-Hard Duneons, around 8-9
-Bow, Bombs and Claw Shot
-Items are more than one use

P

PhantomGanon

On Magic/Magic Meter

Regarding the magic Meter:
I can see why people want it back. I do. Many items that we know and love used it. Din's Fire, Fire/Ice/Light Arrows, Magic Rods, etc. And I agree, magic should play a role in Link's arsenal. However, I do NOT think there should be a magic meter or magic spells in Zelda Wii. Here are the reasons:

1. It imposes a superficial limit on the usability of certain things. Simply put, if you could use Din's Fire or Quake any time you wanted, it would be ridiculous. Some people would give up using the sword entirely. The magic meter kinda solves that, but they could just concentrate on making magical items that aren't overpowered.
2. The majority of magic in Zelda games has had extremely limited usefulness. Besides Din's Fire, Lens of Truth, and the Fire Arrows, how often did any of us use any other magic-using item? For me at least, and I say this having beaten 11 Zelda games (I don't own a DS or Wii but I've played a good portion of TP), I can say not very much.
3. Consistency issues. What I mean is this: Take a look at any Zelda game with a magic meter, for example OoT. The Magic Meter was used for Fire/Ice/Light Arrows, Spin Attack, DF/FW/NL, and the Lens of Truth (I may be forgetting some). However, "magical" items that didn't use the magic meter included the Master Sword, Red/Blue Tunics, Bracelet/Gauntlets, Hover Boots, Ocarina of Time, Potions, and anything else I might be forgetting. The imposition of magical limits on some "magical" items, but not all, seems arbitrary.
4. Along those same lines, there are some things which don't have to or shouldn't use magic in the first place. For example, Fire Arrows. Why can't Link just light his arrows on fire using non-magical means? Also, the lantern. I never understood why it used magic in ALttP, and I liked that they solved the problem in MC (Lantern Oil meter is a definite no for me). Also, there's the case of items like the Lens of Truth. Link shouldn't need a magical item AND his own magic to get its effects, in my opinion.
5. Magic spells are less fun. There, I said it. Would any of us rather see a Link with a varied arsenal of magical spells and no sword, no bow, and no shield? It wouldn't be any fun. Some of you might've liked running into the middle of a room and using Din's Fire to kill all enemies every chance you got, but I preferred something that actually used skill, and I only used it when I really didn't want to fight, like against redeads or gibdos.
6. Link is not a wizard. Yes, he can use magic. He's a Hylian, and being able to use magic is part of that. However, does the champion of courage chosen by the gods, whose iconic items are a sword and shield and bow and arrow, seem like the kind of guy who would prefer to stand back at a distance and use unfair magical spells against his enemies? That sounds more like what Ganondorf, Vaati, Agahnim, Veran, and other bad guys do. Magical spells set Link on a level playing field with his biggest and baddest enemies, rather than maintaining the David vs. Goliath feel that is so important to the games.

That said, I do think magic has a very important place in Zelda games. I am not advocating a realistic Zelda title. In order to show Link getting more powerful throughout the game, the items he gets should get more powerful, and the more powerful ones are probably going to involve some sort of magical effect. Therefore, I think that Zelda Wii should include items that use magic but without the magic meter or spells. Fire Arrows and Light Arrows are a must. Maybe Ice. Also, I like the idea of bringing back the Fierce Deity Mask. Oh, and no more Tingle. Ever.

TL;DR Yes to magical effects, no to Magic Meter and Spells

Z

Zoras Domain

And lets not forget epic cut scenes. You have to have some good one, not like ST were you went to something like 6-9 dungeons without anything happening in the story.

Y

younglink

i think they NEED to bring back magic and the ocarina, I loved those songs!

Y

younglink

Lets see
The Magic Meeter with some cool spells
Link and Zelda You have to have them
A better partner
At least 9 Dungeons
Harder Bosses and Dungeon
Darker Storyline like MM
More Tunics

Thats all I can think of Might add more to the list

your right and they need to improve on their tunic from TP

S

sol2900

Thumbs up to that i just hope you dont have to go to a main dungeon a billion times just to get access to different areas like PH or ST ugg!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom