• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda What-Ifs

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
I see no downside to that, Zelda NPCs are already generic and forgettable as they are. You sure there's no other catch?
Well, actually it's just that. Most of the time when people see Ooccoo they go "AAAARGH MY EYEEEEES WHY DO THESE EXISTTTT!!!!!" and I was curious to see if anyone would tolerate it for a whole game. I, personally, wouldn't mind it but I actually like Oocoo :shrugs:

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
Well, actually it's just that. Most of the time when people see Ooccoo they go "AAAARGH MY EYEEEEES WHY DO THESE EXISTTTT!!!!!" and I was curious to see if anyone would tolerate it for a whole game. I, personally, wouldn't mind it but I actually like Oocoo :shrugs:
I mean, it would make the game worse no doubt
but most people when they say "AAAARGH MY EYEEEEES WHY DO THESE EXISTTTT!!!!!" are perfectly content with the rest of the game probably

Uwu_Oocoo2

ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Well guys, it's been a week! Discussion on the previous question is now closed, unless there's something you really want to add!

Totally not making this one up as I'm sitting here typing it SO here is our prompt for this week:
What if Nintendo announced that the new canon for Majora's Mask was that OoT Link had a nightmare and dreamt up the events of MM, not in a LA way but in a literal this-never-happened sense? Would you take their word for it, or still follow the old canon explanation?

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Well guys, it's been a week! Discussion on the previous question is now closed, unless there's something you really want to add!

Totally not making this one up as I'm sitting here typing it SO here is our prompt for this week:
What if Nintendo announced that the new canon for Majora's Mask was that OoT Link had a nightmare and dreamt up the events of MM, not in a LA way but in a literal this-never-happened sense? Would you take their word for it, or still follow the old canon explanation?
*Nintendo does this*
Me:
download.jpeg

It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest. Although it would still make more sense than the BS about Skullkid creating Terminal.

Uwu_Oocoo2

ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer

Man, this thread it a bit slow. Ah well, guess that means I need more interesting what-ifs! Here's this week's prompt:
What if the Ilia had died in TP? Would that make the game darker, or would it just seem like Nintendo was trying to force story depth?

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
Im pretty sure the death would have been off screen
And honestly it would make the story better to leave ilias fate ambiguous as she doesn't really do anything in the third act of the game. She's also imo not interesting enough of a character for me to care about the amnesia plotline
Just saying, if it were dark souls you definitely would have just found her horse call on a random corpse somewhere

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I definitely think any death of a character in TP would have been trying too hard to force the narrative to seem compelling. Ilia is already considered a pretty bland character anyway by some fans so having her die would have just nailed home that they felt she was only good as a throw away character who dies.

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
Man you suck. It would have made it soo much darker. Also depends on how/when she died. If Link never saw her again after she was taken, that wouldn't be as powerful if she had been killed later imo. Yeah, we don't need that to happen unless we're making TP a tragic hero story. Although, that could be said for Midna maybe.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
I'm interpreting this as you just straight up never find her and find out she died later on

might have come as a sad shock to 10 year old me, but I'd feel the same way as SMS by the end of it

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom