• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Zelda U As a Four Swords Game?

OcarinaofWind12

So zetta slow!
Vaati and the Four Sword are both pretty cool. I think a 3D environment would make an epic addition to the sort of "mini-series". What do you think?

S

Shane

I honestly think it won't. Their "missions" sounded like they were going to do that, but with ALBW and Miiverse. I don't think so.

Salem

SICK
Maybe in addition to having the main U Wii Zelda, they should have a top-down Four Swords game for the Wii U, the gamepad should be perfect for this.

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
I would be fine with Selda U being a Four Swords game as long as it is as large in scope as a a regular Zelda game, such as Twilight Princess and The Wind Waker.

VitaTempusN92

Hero of Time! The True Zelda Genius!
Maybe in addition to having the main U Wii Zelda, they should have a top-down Four Swords game for the Wii U, the gamepad should be perfect for this.

I doubt Zelda Wii U will be top-down, we just had a top-down Zelda come out last month. I doubt Nintendo will have one handheld Zelda and one console Zelda both be top-down back to back as it is unnecessary, with DS Zelda games it made sense considering they were both on the same system and they both set place in the same universe 100 years apart therefore, that was necessary. Plus not mention I believe Zelda Wii U will be "original", original artstyle, original design of Link, original story, and with gameplay mechanics from WW HD and possibly NL's BQ.

Overall, I don't think Zelda Wii U will be a Four Swords game. This is what I would expect of Zelda Wii U:

1) Original artstyle

2) Original design of Link

3) Original story

4) Gameplay mechanics from WW HD and possibly NL's BQ

5) Link's bow to play an important role in the game.

6) And finally, NO Ganon! I'm serious, if they confirm Ganon for Zelda Wii U, I will bang my head on my desk several times. I feel that we've seen enough of him for now, need several games break from him, giving other villains a chance to the main threat in a game rather using Ganon all the time (yes this includes every incarnation of Ganon in general regardless of name).

Salem

SICK
I doubt Zelda Wii U will be top-down, we just had a top-down Zelda come out last month. I doubt Nintendo will have one handheld Zelda and one console Zelda both be top-down back to back as it is unnecessary, with DS Zelda games it made sense considering they were both on the same system and they both set place in the same universe 100 years apart therefore, that was necessary. Plus not mention I believe Zelda Wii U will be "original", original artstyle, original design of Link, original story, and with gameplay mechanics from WW HD and possibly NL's BQ.
I said having a top-down Zelda game on Wii U in addition to the main Zelda game, besides I doubt that will ever happen anytime soon.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
6) And finally, NO Ganon! I'm serious, if they confirm Ganon for Zelda Wii U, I will bang my head on my desk several times. I feel that we've seen enough of him for now, need several games break from him, giving other villains a chance to the main threat in a game rather using Ganon all the time (yes this includes every incarnation of Ganon in general regardless of name).

NO GANON!!!!!!!!!?
He's not been a main villain in a game since Twilight princess, he has had a 7 year break. This is quite enough. It is time for the Dorf to return as this games main villain.

Salem

SICK
NO GANON!!!!!!!!!?
He's not been a main villain in a game since Twilight princess, he has had a 7 year break. This is quite enough. It is time for the Dorf to return as this games main villain.
ALBW Spoiler
His ALBW appearance he was possessed and never had a line so you're right, TP was his last appearance as a main villain

Mangachick14

Nerdy and Proud
Honestly, I wouldn't mind it if it were a little add-on mode, as Sroa Link suggested. However, if it were all there were to the game, I think I would be severely disappointed. To me, Zelda's always been a single-player experience. Sure, four-swords is okay, but I think it would work better as a mode rather than it own game.

Mido

Version 1
Pertaining to the statement of Zelda U, I think that the Four Swords idea serves as a solid conceptual base for it. I think that the Wii U has a great amount of potential to pull a Four Swords game off, especially since the Wii and Wii U have both pulled of some superb couch co-op games such as the New Super Mario Bros series of Mario games. I feel like if the Four Swords concept is done right, without an unnecessarily complex setup....*cough* Four Swords Aventures *cough*...the game could end up being great! Now I don't think that the highly anticipated Zelda U we all will hopefully treasure should go this route just yet, but I can see this concept working rather well nonetheless.

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
Honestly I don't think it would work out very well. The potential inability to be able to complete either the main story or sidequests without other players is not appealing. Assuming they keep absurd minigames in Zelda U (like the Cucoo Ranch in ALBW), there should be no extra restrictions on 100% completing the game, nor should I be hamstrung by lack of RL friends to play the game with.

Furthermore, look at the art styles of the last two FS games:

Link_(Four_Swords).png

Now look at the potential the Wii U has:

Zelda-Wii-U.png

Assuming Nintendo goes for graphical consistency in a subseries (Like TWW, PH, and ST), then we have LOADS of wasted potential in the visuals department. So no, I would not like a FS game on the Wii U.

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
The Wii U needs the first Zelda game to be epic. So no, not a four swords game.

I'm cool with 2D Zelda games once in a while, but they should be limited to handheld.

OcarinaofWind12

So zetta slow!
I think you some of you guys might be a little confused about what I meant. It doesn't need to be top down. I think that's what could make it such a cool Four Sword game. It could be 3D!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom