• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Art Zelda: Twin Chronicles

Majora's Cat

How about that
Chapter 12
The Great Fairy

Link panicked as he tried to grab hold of solid ground, but the darkness sucked him in like a vacuum. His last few fingers were barely holding his body from being sucked all the way. He held on with only three feeble fingers, but finally gave in. He was falling down, nothing but blackness surrounded him. He fell faster and faster until he collided with the ground. Link let out a pained umf when he hit the ground. He pushed himself up and onto his feet. He looked around in a daze. Everything was nebulous and indistinct. All he could see was the strange blue fog that seemed to surround the area.
“Hello? Anybody there?” said Link. He knew there was really no chance anyone would answer, but it was worth a shot.
“Hello, brave warrior.”
Link suddenly became alarmed. He frantically looked around but saw nothing. “Who are you?”
“You needn’t be so startled, chosen hero. You are the bravest of them all, are you not?”
“Answer my question! Who are you?!”
“Really, you don’t have to take that tone with me! I try to act all nice for you and look what I get! A sniveling sleazebag that won’t behave himself! For Nayru’s sake!” The voice sounded irritated and feisty. What a refreshing change of pace.
“I’m sorry, okay? You don’t have to be all whiny about it.”
“I TOLD YOU NOT TO TAKE THAT TONE WITH ME! I’LL SLAP THE “CHOSEN HERO” RIGHT OUT OF YOUR FACE!”
Link started laughing frenziedly, not able to suppress his hysterical laughter.
“LUNATIC! I DON’T EVEN FEEL LIKE HELPING YOU ANYMORE! GET OUT MY FACE, MUTTONHEAD!”
At the sound of the voice, Link laughed even harder. “Muttonhead? Is that even a word?”
“OH, FOR NAYRU’S SAKE! MUTTONHEAD IS A WORD! ARE YOU HAPPY? ARE YOU SATISFIED NOW, IMBECILE?! Of all the worthy men who could’ve been the great hero, it had to be an oaf. A stupid nincompoop. YOU CHILDISH BRUTE!”
“Look, I’m sorry! You’re overreacting!” Link reasoned with the voice. “Please, you don’t have to yell. Remember? Indoor voices?”
“I suppose you’re right. I have grown quite impatient. Thank you, great hero, for reminding me of what we actually had to do,” the voice let out a sigh, then continued speaking. “You were brought here to face eight trials, that of which you must complete or else be killed.”
Link gulped feverishly, an overwhelming sense of angst paralyzed his body.
“None of these trials will be easy… so if you get killed, it’s not my fault. I gave you fair enough warning,” said the voice. A fairy floated down from the darkness, her luminescent wings slowly flapping as she landed on the ground. Vines covered many parts of her body, seemingly like clothing. “It is I, the Great Fairy. I am here to test your courage and skill. If you truly are worthy to be the Hero Chosen by the Gods, then you shall pass. If not, then all is lost.”
Link nodded his head in understanding.
“Good, then...” the Great Fairy said. “And I’m sorry I snapped earlier. I’ve been trying to control my anger.”
“Thank you, Great Fairy,” Link said reluctantly and waved as she disappeared into the darkness.

Chapter 12
Rebirth

A void. An emptiness. Desolation, destitution. Nobody could hope to fill the gap. Poder looked on forever, trying to find life. There were so many missed opportunities swirling around him. He was lost in a wasteland now. He laughed. This is what it felt like... being dead. It felt like there was somewhere to be. He ran towards where he longed to be, but he was not getting any closer. The living world seemed to wander far away. Poder struggled to catch up. No matter how hard he sprinted, his life eluded him. He tried to grab on, but it slipped out of his hands. He shed a tear, something he had not done a single time in his life. The tear magnified into a plethora of sorrow. The dark lord was swimming in a sea of his own misery. The expansive ocean stretched far and wide. It was so voluminous that he could not see the end. Where did his tears end? Where does the pain stop? Poder struggled to stay afloat, his sentiment dragging him down the depths of the ocean. How funny... the fearsome leader of the cult was being drowned by his own emotions. Down and down he was pulled... into his deepest fears.

---

“Find sanctity in yourself. You know who you are. You are alive. Death will never defeat you, for death is for the weak. You are strong.”
“How wrong you are!” Poder cried. He looked at his bloody hands and screamed. “You’re wrong! I AM WEAK!”
“Do not doubt yourself, young one. You have much life left in you. Hyrule has not seen the last of you, I assure you.”
“No! Lies, lies, lies! I’M DEAD! How can I have hope now?”
“Believe in yourself, Poder. I have a feeling that great foreboding is among the kingdom of Hyrule. You were meant to be a leader. You were destined for greatness... do not forget.”
Poder sank to his knees, nothing but vast emptiness kept him elevated. “I am dead! Link has won.”
“HA! It is not over. You can still live, young one.”
Poder giggled crazily and started hyperventilating. He looked around from side-to-side and then stared at his hands. “HOW?! PLEASE, TELL ME! I CAN’T STAND THIS NIGHTMARE ANYMORE!”
A familiar flame appeared as if out of nowhere. Out burst Ganon’s head, just as before. “Fear not. I have ways of resurrecting you... but it will take a fraction of my power.”
“Anything! I just don’t want to be dead!”
“Good. Then you have the motivation to move on. But be warned, bring you back from the dead will also bring back those bound to you by the symbol.”
“You don’t mean...”
“Traicion will live once again, but you will become more powerful than him. You have proven your worth to me time and time again. I have faith in you.”
Poder smiled his twisted smile. It felt reassuring to hear this from Ganon. “Thank you, master. I will be the one to end Link’s life.”
“Very well, then. We shall then proceed with the revival. Place your right hand out, palm facing upward.”
Poder did as Ganon commanded. “Will this hurt?”
“Insolent fool – of course it will hurt!”
Flames burst, consuming Poder’s hand. He screamed in agony as the red dragon claw symbol slowly began to become etched in his hand again. Several minutes passed, each and every second a living hell as the claw slowly crept into place, burning through his palm in the process. Poder began to flinch and have sudden bursts of muscle spasms as the pain grew stronger with each passing minute. He threw his body onto the non-existent ground, grasping his hand with the other and shaking it uncontrollably.
“AHHHHHH!!!!” Poder’s face contorted with pain as the claw finally slipped into place. He gasped and choked, his breaths short and plagued with exhaustion.
“Return to the world of the living... and fulfill your destiny.”

Last edited:

Majora's Cat

How about that
Chapter 13
The Eight Trials - Ganon

Link looked around in a daze, trying to figure out where the trials were to take place. Suddenly lightning clashed up above, even though he was in an enclosed area. The darkness faded, and he appeared outside of Hyrule Castle. The sky was blood red, lightning raging outside. Lightning strikes lit up the sky, and some connected to the ground. Hyrule was in a state of despair - fire began ravaging the fields. A deafening BOOM sound cracked from the sky and a large statue fell. It sported horns on its head and twin blades, one in each hand. Link backed away as the statue began to rumble, the stone that kept the beast imprisoned was starting to crack. The creature burst out of the stone, revealing its menacing blades. Link’s enemy was of epic proportions... there was no way he could beat it. The beast let out an ear-bursting roar, then began its slow advance on him. Link stumbled backwards. Lightning erupted in the sky, and then seconds later thunder ensued.
“Link, this is the first of your trials - Ganon.”
“WHAT?!” Link dropped his sword, then picked it back up.
He remembered the tales of a Ganon the size of several buildings. This Ganon seemed to fit the description perfectly. Ganon swung his blades at Link. He jumped from side-to-side, hoping to elude Ganon’s powerful swords. The dark beast turned around and faced Link, then slashed even faster. Lightning tore open the sky, and something was emerging and falling to the ground. Something... familiar. Poder?! Link gasped as he saw the face of his brother... but something was very different. His eyes seemed empty – usually he would have a cold, evil look upon his eyes. This Poder did not. Poder dashed towards Link at lightning speed, swaying from side-to-side. Link out of the way and tripped Poder. All the while, Ganon approached from the back, blades swinging furiously. One of his massive swords made contact with Link’s back. Unprecedented amounts of blood oozed out of his back. He fell onto his knees into a puddle of blood. Poder dashed towards him and stabbed Link in the back.
“AHHH!” Link let out a deafening shriek as blood came spewing out of his torso. He turned around and stared Poder in the eye, the blade still thrust in his body. “DIE!”
Link pulled the blade out of his back and slashed at Poder. Surprisingly, he was able to wound his brother. Hands wrapped around the wound, Poder summoned black butterflies to attack Link. The butterflies engulfed his body, burning every part of his body. His skin turned partially black. Link writhed in pain, nailed to the ground by Poder’s boot. Ganon approached very slowly.
“NO!” Link grabbed Poder’s leg and tossed him elsewhere.
Ganon approached more quickly now. The beast’s red eyes could be seen now. Its snarling teeth were yellow and protruding from its mouth. As Ganon drew back its large blades, a strike of lightning hit its head, electrifying its entire body. Ganon fell to the ground, paralyzed. Link saw this as an opportunity to kill Ganon once and for all. A glowing emblem could be seen on its head. He ran up towards Ganon’s arm and climbed it like a tree. Once he reached the beast’s back, Poder’s shadow could be seen. Lightning struck behind him, and Link caught a glimpse of Poder’s expressionless face in the darkness. He charged at his brother, but Poder easily blew him back with a magic barrier. Link snarled and tried once again to kill Poder, but the same thing happened yet again. Finally, Link charged at Poder one more time. The evil twin put up the barrier once again, but Link was unmoving. He ran ferociously against the wind of the barrier. It seemed impossible - he was beginning to be blown back, but he would not stop there. Link pushed on, harder and harder. As he penetrated the barrier itself, his hand started burning. He didn’t care. Against all odds, Link pushed through and stabbed Poder right through the heart. The wind ceased, and Ganon’s head was wide open. He spotted the glowing emblem and thrusted his mighty sword right into Ganon’s forehead. The beast got to its feet and began to shake its head. Link’s sword was still lodged in its forehead - he held on just barely as Ganon’s attempt to throw him off had failed. The great Ganon fell to the ground, defeated.

Majora's Cat

How about that
@ bigflyingpotato

Thanks!

@Zelda's_Child

By what you said, I'm assuming you thought that Chapter 12 from Poder's 3rd person perspective was real? Anyway, I don't understand what you mean. Do you mean that they will never forgive each other because they oppose each other? Or are you referring to the last chapter?

Zelda's_Child

~Insert Epicness Here~
No, I'm just speaking of it in general. At the start of the story when I was reading about them being opposed to each other, I thought at the end of the book they would forgive each other. Looks like this is not the case. :)

Majora's Cat

How about that
@ Zelda's_Child

Oh, I see. Well, it does certainly seem that the rift between the twins is growing wider. You'll just have to wait and see what happens later on... the rebels and the cult break out i- ... wait - I don't want to spoil it for you.

bigflyingpotato

Watch out!
Hey, are you going to draw anymore pictures? Or were you just planning on drawing them for the first few chapters?
I know it takes time to draw them I'm just wondering :)

Majora's Cat

How about that
I'm most definitely going to draw more. I'm just too lazy and caught up in schoolwork. Maybe I'll draw more soon. I've also slowed down my writing - I guess I wanted to take a bit of a break.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom