• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Art Zelda: Twin Chronicles

Majora's Cat

How about that
Chapter 9
Diablo

The sand storms were hovering above, grains of sanding bombarding Poder's body. He tried to keep low until the sand storms died down. His face was planted in the burning sand. The sun's rays had made the sand unbearably hot, but Poder was to endure the heat until it was safe to walk back to Castle Town. Hours passed, sand storms still raged on. Poder began to fall asleep, exhausted from the countless hours of laying face-first in the sand.

---

Day turned to night, and the scorching desert became frigid. Poder poked his head out of the sand to check if there were any more sand storms. A man in a dark cloak stood over Poder, his blood red eyes glowing eerily under his hood. He looked like a man of 23. His cloak suggested that he was perhaps a worshipper of the cult. His appearance was even more terrifying than Poder's, his blood-red eyes glued to Poder's.
"Hello, stranger," the cloaked man spoke in a smoky, monotoned voice.
Poder stood up and let out a yelp at the hundreds of redead that stood behind the man. The redeads all seemed dormant, their glaring red eyes were not upon Poder's. Ancient bandages were wrapped around some of the redeads' bodies. Each one held a black, demonic blade with the right arm, but all was silent. There were no traumatic moans coming from them. The eerie cries that came from the redeads were not present here.
"If you were wondering about my friends behind me, they are my loyal subjects. I am Diablo, King of Redeads," the man spoke in his raspy voice.
Something about Diablo's voice deeply disturbed Poder, and he, of course, was not a man easily daunted. As Poder looked closer at the redeads in the dark night, he noticed a few poes and stalfos among the crowd. Diablo seemed to command a massive army of the undead, perhaps an army that he could use to his advantage.
"Hello, Diablo. I am Poder, the leader of the cult," Poder replied.
"Ah, I have heard of your conquests. May I say that you're quite a man, Poder. I come from the Haunted Wastelands, further west of here. As I stated before, I control these redeads, poes and stalfos. They are my dear children, and I treat them like so. Perhaps... I may assist you?"
Poder smiled his sinister smile and nodded. This was just what he was waiting to hear. "Yes, you may. I will reward you well if you help me raise the great Ganon from the unholy abyss in which he is held."
Diablo remained still, his scary eyes and expressionless face glaring at Poder. He was rather chilling. Every time Poder looked straight into Diablo's cold eyes, it sent a chill down his spine. Diablo's face contorted with pain, his eyes screwing up. Poder stepped back, hoping nothing bad was happening to his newfound companion. Diablo fidgeted and spazzed uncontrollably, then remained still. His head ws bent down, then he raised his eyes until he made eye contact with Poder.
"What?!" Poder was completely disgusted by Diablo's horrific display.
"Nothing happened. There are souls in my body that are in constant agony, but I usually suppress it. I have devoured many souls, those who I have devoured will become part of my undead army. Sometimes the souls will try to break free, briefly controlling my body. No big deal," Diablo didn't seem to be concerned.
"Well, good..." Poder said, trying to stay silent afterwards.
The two did not speak for a while, but instead got lost in each other's eyes. Diablo was most interesting, his eyes were full of uncertainty and emptiness. Diablo sensed something deep in Poder's eyes, the feeling of suffering. Diablo closed his eyes, and Poder soon snapped out of his trance.
"Anyway, friend... I will show you to where my undead army resides," Diablo said. He began walking westward.
The desert seemed like it stretched endlessly, but finally a dark mist began to surround the area... Poder knew they were getting close. Out of the mist appeared thousands of redeads, all deactivated. Poder smiled, his grin widened more and more as he speculated the astounding number of redeads. He would put them to use very soon...​

Chapter 10
Death in the Sacred Forest

Link journeyed southward into the unknown forest. The elders in the village always used to tell the children never to go into the forest, for the eye of the beholder may never see another sight again. The forest south of the village was strictly forbidden - no one knew what wonders and dangers awaited there. As he made his ascent up a large hill, he began to see a dark light poking out of the other side. He climbed and climbed and climbed until he stood atop the hill - and he couldn't believe his eyes. There lay a dark woods, consumed by evil. Redeads lurked around every corner, their sickening red eyes unmoving. Link shuttered and tried to shake off the fear. He slid down the other side of the hill and unsheathed his sword as his entered the dark forest. Immediately multiple redeads took notice of Link, each turning their horrific head around. They let out an awful screech, and Link coud not move his body. He fidgeted and struggled to moved the slightest bit, but it was to no avail. The redeads came closer, raising their gigantic black blades. As the one closest to Link attacked, he gained control over his body and rolled out of the way. Link retaliated by slashing the redeads over and over - the ghoul shrieked in pain, its face becoming freakishly contorted. Finally the redead fell to the ground, dead. Several more advanced - this was trouble. Link knew he could not handle so many fearsome enemies. He ran towards the crowd of redeads, hoping he could slip through without being caught in their menacing glare. That was a dumb idea - he was frozen in the middle of a pack of redeads, every single one raising their swords, ready to strike. He was paralyzed from head to toe, but he new he would have just a split second to react and kill them. Upon being freed from the paralyzinbg glare, Link performed spin attack, wounding al the redeads that circled around him. He lunged and stabbed through one redead's body, pulled out his sword and slashed blindly at another. As he looked back, he realized he had taken out two redeads. The fourth one attempted to hold Link with its gaze, but Link quickly rolled behind it and stabbed it in the back. The redead let out a shrill shriek and slowly fell to the ground.
"Hey, you..." a voice called, but there was no one to be seen.
Link looked around feverishly, trying to scope the area... but all was dark. He could not see a thing. The voice called him yet again and Link started to panic.
"Who are you?!" Link demanded, his sword held high in front of himself.
A ghostly man in a black robe appeared from the gloomy shade of the trees. He had bright, red eyes and his face was hidden by a hood. He had an otherworldly appearance.
"I... am Diablo," spoke the man in a deep, chilling voice. "I have come to kill you."
Link stared at him in surprise. "You're probably why those redeads are everywhere!"
"Hmm... you're smarter than you look."
Link stood still, his boots glued to the ground. Diablo approached him, the only thing visible under the dark robe were his glowing eyes. At the snap of his fingers, the ground began to rumble and several redeads emerged from the ground. Link dashed towards the redeads and slashed all of them before they had a chance to attack. Diablo stepped back and raised several stalfos from the ground. They were large skeleton warriors armed with a rusty sword and shield. Blue rags covered certain parts of their bodies as well as metal shoulder blades and a helmet. The stalfos began to circle around Link, blades held high. One attempted to break the circle and attack, but Link blocked its strike with his sword and stabbed its ribcage. The stalfos died and fell apart into a pile of bones. Three more tried to attack Link at the same time, but he simply used a spin attack to fend them off. The stalfos blocked Link's swordwith their shields. Before the next stalfos attacked, Link jumped on top of it and stabbed its head, causing it to fall into a pile of rubble. Link fell with it, but a sword lunged at him while he was on the ground. A stalfos was attempting to stab him, but he simpy blocked it with his own sword and pushed the undead warrior backwards into another stalfos. In the midst of the confusion, Link stabbed through one and penetrated the other with the same thrust. Both fell to the ground. There was one left - it hid in the shadows, waiting for the right moment to strike. Link knew better, but kept his head turned in the opposite direction. The stalfos jumped at Link, but he stabbed the stalfos behind him when it approached. Diablo stood silently, unwavered. Link walked up to the robed man, his footsteps echoed in the silent forest.
"Well, are you going to finish me off, great hero?" Diablo didn't sound scared at all - he was actual mocking Link. "Do you think I'm done yet?"
Link held his sword to Diablo's chin and chuckled. "How do you hope to defeat me?"
Diablo simply stared at the ground. His stretched his arms out, then blades suddenly flew out from his long sleeves. The two blades were unsheathed and sticking out of his sleeves. Link stood left leg in front of the right and ran towards Diablo. The robed stranger blocked every single attack. He then began to thrust his own two blades towards Link. He slashed his way through the forest, Link struggling to block Diablo's blades of fury. He moved at exceptional speed, and his blades were moving so quickly they appeared to be blurs. Diablo kept on pushing Link to the edge, his rapid attacks causing Link to stay in his defensive mode. Finally, Diablo left a gap between his strike and Link swung at Diablo's body. Diablo jumped above Link's blade and attacked from above. He had no choice but to roll out of the way. Diablo stabbed his blades into the ground. While he was struggling to pull his blades out lf the ground, Link saw it as an opportunity and jumped towards him, slashing his back in midair. Diablo grunted and fell to the ground, his blades still lodged in the dirt.
"You... haven't seen the last of me..." Diablo seemed to utter the words with very little energy left, then disappeared ominously into the darkness.
Link shrugged and continued southward, hoping to find the first fraction of the tablet.

---​

Link walked through an eerie tunnel, the sides covered with moss and vines. Through the opening he could see light. As he walked into said light, a magical world had opened up in front of him. It was a beautiful forest with the sun's golden rays shining down on the trees' canopies. In the middle was a large triforce symbol, just as there was in the Golden Land. Link stepped into the triforce symbol out of curiosity, and he felt as if he was being lifted up. Once again the triforce turned blue, and he was being pulled toward another light... a light that would go to an unknown place...

Last edited:

Majora's Cat

How about that
Thanks, I will! Plus I added pictures to a few chapters in the beginning. You can take a look at them if you want a more clearly illustrated idea of what was going on in the early stages of TC.

Majora's Cat

How about that
Chapter 10
Traitor

"Quite a spectacular sight, my friend," Poder wrapped his arm around Diablo. "These soldiers of the undead will soon become the turning point of my operation."
Diablo simply looked at Poder, smiling. He could see Diablo's silky silver-white hair under his hood, his menacing red eyes lit up in the dark. "Ah, comrade, I foresee a bright future."
"Not too bright, though. We don't want fairies and unicorns, do we?"
Diablo chuckled and grinned. He was starting to warm up to Poder; the two had so much in common. "Yes, we only want fear in the peoples' hearts."
"Yes. There's no doubt a rebellion is brewing in the south. I can feel their hatred from me - it is so strong that I can feel it from miles and miles away. They are not organized and wil succumb to defeat because of that fact. Then we can take over with the trained members of the cult and of course, your army."
"I like the way you think, Podey," Diablo teased Poder as he started walking away from him. "I shall be back soon. If we are to expand our territory, why not start in the south where the rebellion is? I shall consume their sacred woods, filling it with death."
"Good, good. It seems you have already made plans. Go about your business, then, red-eyes."
Diablo smiled once again, then quickly frowned. He was obviously embarrassed that he was showing such enthusiasm, for Diablo was the lord of redeads. King of death. But to Poder he began to seem like a long-lost friend, though he didn't want Diablo to think so. The lord of redeads vanished in an instant, and Poder decided he should be making his way eastward back to Central Hyrule.

---

As Poder approached Castle Town, he saw a mysterious figure standing outside the bridge. He squinted, trying to figure out who the person may be. The hooded mystery man began to run towards the south, stopping and looking around every once in a while to make sure he wasn't being followed. Poder followed the man silently, curious to find out who he was and what his motives were. Poder dashed through the grass, silent as the night itself. He swayed from side to side, still tracking down the mysterious person. Poder soon got much closer to the man and he realized he was wearing a black cloak. He was definitely a member of the cult - there was no doubt about it. The man started to look around suspiciously and turned around. Poder quickly hid himself in the protection of the shade.
"No!" Poder gasped as he noticed the red symbol on the front of the cloak.
It couldn't be - but it was. In the middle of the cloak was the imprint of a red circle and a dragon's claw reaching around it. In the cult, only generals were assigned to those robes. Tsukino had vanished earlier on, never returning from her mission to assassinate Link. Poder had already assumed she had betrayed him - he predicted seeing each other would bring about old feelings, feeling pushed deep inside of her. That meant the man in the cloak could only be Traicion.
"Come out, Poder. I know you're there," Traicion demanded as he lifted his hood.
"What are you doing here?!" said Poder, unsheathing his sword.
Traicion stayed silent. The sound of crickets were the only thing that was to be heard in the silence. After the hiatus, Traicion grabbed the handle of he blade on his back. He pulled out his large blade and held it up with one arm, demonstrating his brutal strength.
"You caught me. I'm heading towards the village," Traicion's voice was quivering as he held the large blade, his arm was shaking.
"So, you have come this way to join the rebellion, eh?" Poder questioned Traicion, obviously he was hurt on the inside - there was a shakiness in his voice. "After all that we've been through, general!"
Traicion struggled to keep the blade elevated and stabbed it into the ground, huffing and puffing.
"Ah, old age has struck you, hasn't it? My dear friend, there's no hope for you anymore."
"Shut up, you fiend! I always had a sense of what I was doing was wrong. Your latest actions have only convinced me that you are only an insane mass murderer!"
"Me, insane?" Poder let out a hearty laugh and then stared Traicion straight in the eye. "My friend, it is you who is insane."
"Your mind is twisted! I should end it all right now! I will join your brother if I make it out of this alive. He is a brave man with a righteous heart, and in the end, he will triumph. He will step over your dead body!"
"Is that so? Tell me how that will happen when Link's just a simple weakling? He has swayed some fools into believing in his cause, but you cannot expect to win with your numbers. In the end, the strongest side will win."
Traicion chuckled and lifted his blade out from the ground. "You're so foolish. If the strongest side shall win, then Link will surely prevail. If he has swayed fools into believing in his cause, then I am the biggest fool of all. If you think you are indeed righteous, then you are more foolhardy than anyone that has ever been or ever will be."
Poder grinded his teeth, his cold eyes fixated on Traicion's. "Nothing matters as long as all who oppose me are dead. Who cares if I am not righteous if I can rip your heart out? That would be proving something, correct?"
Traicion readied himself for Poder's attack, his sword held in front of his body. Poder charged at Traicion and unleashed a swarm of black fire butterflies. Traicion countered with his own swarm of butterflies. The two swarms collided and exploded, blowing the two warriors backwards. Traicion quickly retaliated and generated a dark aura around his hands. He ran towards Poder and punched him into the ground. A deafening BOOM ensued, a crater left in the ground. Blood trickled from Poder's mouth, and he began to cough sickeningly. His breaths were cut short by terrible coughs. Traicion didn't seem concerned whatsoever and held his blade to Poder's neck.
"End of the line, your majesty. Once you're gone, peace will be restored," said Traicion as he stepped on Poder's stomach.
"Ahhhhhh!" Poder let out a cry of anguish as Traicion's large boot pushed down on his wound. "Dammit! You dirty traitor!"
A grin crept along Traicion's face, a grin that was perhaps longer than his own sword. "DIE!!!" he screamed as he thrusted the blade towards Poder's neck.

Last edited:

Majora's Cat

How about that
Thanks. I'm trying to get more into the plot now, you know. I'm trying to reveal more secrets in the story and leave people hanging. Even though I do feel like my work may be getting a bit sloppy (I don't know... just a feeling), I also think the story is developing quite a bit. The pieces don't seem to fit together well right now, but everything will soon come in place.

bigflyingpotato

Watch out!
Cliffhangers cliffhangers!
I have to say, that was one of your best chapters MC.
I haven't really noticed your writing getting sloppy, except for being a few spelling errors, but not much else.

Majora's Cat

How about that
@bigflyingpotato

I try to fix any spelling errors that I can. If you look back at my previous chapters, I fixed some things (although I'm really too lazy to completely correct my spelling.

@kokirion

What exactly do you mean by "mute"? You because mean your character betrayed Poder? Anyway, if that's the case, Traicion actually means betrayal in Spanish. Poder means power (just throwing that in there).

Chapter 11
The Temple of Time

Link was dragged into the light. He began falling and falling, no end in sight. Finally he slowed down, hovering slightly above the ground as the portal dropped him off. He took a quick glance at his feet and realized that he was standing once again on solid ground. A triforce symbol was embedded where he stood, identical to the one he stood on that brought him here in the first place. There was something familiar about where he was. There was no musty scent like in the Sacred Forest, no overgrowth covered the shattered walls. There he was, in the middle of a beautiful temple. A statue of the goddesses towered above Link's head, stained glass windows like a church's surrounded the area. The room was filled with a golden light. Eight staircases surrounded the room, leading in eight different directions. There was no worry in Link's heart. He did not fear for where he was or what in the world he was doing. His instinct was leading him. Of the eight staircases, only one felt different to him. The other seven were somewhat dull, but a strange feeling came from the staircase to the north. Link stumbled towards the staircase, his head still spinning dizzyingly from his fight with Diablo. He fell to the ground and steadied himself, continuing up the stairs. Everything was strangely quiet. The sounds of nature and the outside world could not be heard whatsoever. Link noticed that the staircase led to a wall and nothing more. He felt like there was so much more, there was so many secrets hidden behind the wall. Without hesitation Link stuck his hand through the wall. A strange vibration rippled through his hand. He stared at the wall, a rippling effect like water was coming from where he stuck his hand through. Intrigued, he stucked his left leg through, then his right leg and right arm. He was inside the "supposed" wall and saw a door up ahead. It had the carvings of the triforce symbol on it, the gilded doorknob shining as if it were new. Link wrapped his fingers around the doorknob and twisted it. The door opened with a creaking noise, and Link walked through. He outside, once again in the Sacred Forest. He was in a different area, very isolated from the rest of the Sacred Forest. Link looked behind himself and noticed that he was standing right over a ledge suspended in the air. Squinting, he could barely see the small image of the Sacred Forest he was in a moment ago. What was going on? Once again his instinct moved his legs. Link proceeded onward in the area, gazing up at the ruins of what used to be a marvelous palace. He reached another door, this time it was old and rusted. He grabbed the rusted doorknob and the door creaked open. As Link stepped into the light, he noticed that the area he was in was identical to the area he was in before he walked through the door... except it was fully intact. The feeling of realization washed over the hero - the entire Sacred Forest were just the ruins of the strange temple he was in when he walked through the mysterious portal! Link noticed something out of the corner of his eye, the Master Sword lodged in its pedestal! Link ran towards the legendary sword with great enthusiasm, then he felt the atmosphere change. He was no longer in the temple, but outside in the Sacred Forest again. Link remained in the area of the Master Sword, but it was gone from its pedestal. He searched the area frantically, trying to recover the Master Sword, but it was no use. He pulled out the Master Sword's hilt, longing for the blade. Suddenly the hilt zipped out of Link's hand and began to soar away from him. He chased down his hilt, running back an forth through the portals between the Sacred Forest and the temple, and finally it came to an abrupt halt and fell to the ground with a clank. As Link picked up the hilt, he noticed something lodged in the ground. Dust was covering it so he blew on it and dusted it with a rag. The shine was coming back, then he gasped and fell back in shock. The Master Sword's blade! Link became overwhelmed with excitement and grabbed it, but just as he touched the fine steel, he began to sink into the ground. A dark hole began to envelop him and drag him down into the darkness.

Last edited:

Zelda's_Child

~Insert Epicness Here~
...Wow. The master sword huh? Nice.

I've also sometimes noticed spelling errors in the story, but nothing too major. It's never made a difference to the story in full.

Something that would make the story better though is spacing it out a bit more. I quite often lose my place while I'm reading.
Let's face it though, I'm just a nitpicker. Great story, Puss!

Majora's Cat

How about that
Chapter 11
Death

Traicion stabbed at Poder's neck, but he grabbed the blade with his hand. The sword nicked his neck and a thin cut appeared. Poder's arm began to shake uncontrollably, his hand drenched in blood. Traicion thrusted the sword harder, but Poder made haste and moved out of the way. The blade slit his hand - blood gushed down his wrist and onto the ground. Poder grasped his bleeding hand with the other and shook it violently.
"Look what you did!" Poder yelled defiantly. "How dare you do this to your master?!"
"You are not my master. I am in no way bound to you, you filthy hoveling beast," Traicion replied, enraged. "How dare you believe that I wanted anything to do with you?!"
The great warrior swiped his sword back and forth, Poder always managing to avoid certain death. The dark lord crawled away in cowardice. Traicion tried and tried to kill Poder with every strike, but Poder seemed to roll out of the way or spasmatically avoid his sword. He struggled to get up on his feet, and when he did, Traicion took a lunging stab straight into Poder's abdomen. He expelled blood from his mouth, the red liquid oozing out. Traicion stared at Poder, he felt condolence for the poor man.
"Traicion... n-" Poder was cut short by a fit of violent coughs followed by the spewing of blood.
"Poder... you were never the one to admit when he's been defeated. How does the sweet sorrow of defeat feel to you?"
"You ignoramus! I had plans for you, I could've made you great! You could've been one of the most revered and feared men in the world! But no... your dignity had to stand in the way!" Poder yelled, his voice hoarse with anger.
"Do not worry, my old friend. I'm sure someone shall grieve your death."
"Never! I shall never succumb to you! A low-life like you could never relinquish my life!"
"Oh, how amusing..." Traicion chuckled and held out his right hand. "Do you know what this is?"
Poder stared at his palm, the red dragon claw engraved in his skin. "No!"
"Yes. I remember when you granted me this symbol of power. Only your generals were to carry this sign, correct? I believe I should jog your memory. Do you recall what I can do with this hand?"
"You wouldn't dare..." Poder muttered through gritted teeth. He was seething with fury. "You cannot do this!"
Traicion simply ignored Poder and recited an enchantment. The red dragon claw on his right palm began to glow brightly. Poder turned his head away in fear.
"Please... don't do it!" Poder pleaded, his head turned away.
Traicion ignored Poder once again and held his hand in front of Poder's chest. "Peace... shall be restored to Hyrule."
He pressed his right hand against Poder's heart, and at first he felt nothing. Immediatley a pain unlike any other ensued. An otherworldly light shined from Traicion's hand, the red dragon claw glowing brighter and brighter. The dragon claw soon emerged from Traicion's hand and circled around Poder.
'You do know what happens next, right?" Traicion laughed psychotically. "We are bound by our souls. Once the symbol of our allegiance is removed, we will both be dead."
The claw circled around Poder's body and a Traicion's hand burst into flames. The flames seemed out of control, exploding and spreading everywhere. The dragon claw on his right palm began to light up.
"No! This cannot be!" Poder screamed and screamed in pain, but he was held tight by the searing pain.
The dragon claw on Poder's hand emerged and the two claws danced around in a circle of light, their arms stretching around one another. Suddenly one of the claws pierced his heart, the other piercing Traicion's. Little by little the soul was sucked out of Poder's body, and nothing was left but the corpses of an evil lord and his general.

@ Zelda's_Child

I kind of speed through my writing. It's always a one-shot thing. If I write it, I write it. I don't save it on Word or anything. I try to fix as many spelling errors as possible, but what's done is usually done.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom