• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Art Zelda: Twin Chronicles

Majora's Cat

How about that
Chapter 5
The Goddesses

The blinding light shined from inside the magnificent palace, and the doors finally creaked all the way open. The woman reached out her hand and stared straight at Link.
"This, chosen hero... is not for the feint of heart," the woman said. She stood still, beckoning Link to grasp her hand.
Link slowly reached out his hand and they held hands. The ominous light shining from inside the palace shined ever brighter as the woman dragged Link into the palace. Eyes closed, Link felt a huge tug and a rush of adrenaline - it felt as if he was falling several stories. He forced one eye open, and realized he and the woman were being pulled into a blinding light. He felt an abrupt stop, and realized he was pulled out of the vortex. The light began to fade, the mystifying blurs previously surrounding him became clear. A stunning, beautiful foyer came into view. Pristine water seemed to flow down every side of the palace starting from the ceiling. It seemed as if the interior were just a large glass dome with water simply trickling down the sides, but it was so much more. The water was flowing in the shape of a dome, but no solid substance was holding it up. Link gazed up in marvel of the strange phenomenon.
"Marvelous, eh?" the woman said. "This world is not like yours - things are possible that could never have been possible in yours."
Everything about the palace was absolutely mind-boggling. From the 50-foot diamond statue of the three goddesses to the humongous golden Triforce symbol embedded in the ground, the palace was no ordinary place. Prisms of light showered down on the palace, colors of the rainbow radiating all around the room. Finally, the woman spoke again.
"Come, great hero. I have something to show you..." the woman beckoned Link to follow her, and the two made their way to the center of the room, right in the center of the Triforce symbol.
"What are we doing?" Link asked.
The woman silenced him and began reciting an enchantment. After she finished, the linings on the Triforce symbol began to shine blue. The palace began to rumble, and the Triforce symbols' blue linings shined even brighter and started to form a barrier around the two. The barrier began to grow in height, seemingly extending infitely. Without notice, the woman and Link were being lifted off the ground, and Link felt a warm sensation unlike any other. A buzz, if you will. The strange blue light covered up Link's body, and for a moment, he couldn't breathe. The two ascended ever higher, and Link felt a tug, just like before. He and the woman were being sped through a vortex at an alarming speed, then abruptly halted. They were in a completely different room now, a room surrounded by hundreds and hundreds of portraits. It was a narrow hallway which seemed to go on for eternity. Portraits covered nearly every inch of the walls and ceiling. Link felt a bit claustrophobic, but fought it off.
"This hallway holds many mysteries. None of us sages knows where it came from or why it's here. Follow me," the woman began walking down the endless hallway.
"Does this hallway lead to anywhere?" Link's question seemed to startle the woman, then she turned back to Link.
"It's been such a long time, I forgot that this is your first time here. Watch..." the woman proceeded down the hall, walking and walking towards nowhere. Suddenly she vanished.
Link looked around in confusement, and then the woman reappeared from the spot she had vanished. He understood what this hallway was - it was an illusion. Link walked forward. After a few steps, he took another step and he appeared in a different room. It was a dark and rather unsettling room. It was decorated with gargoyles on the side pillars, and in the middle was a large black throne. Above the large throne was a single sentence: "If the Hero does not slay the beast, the guardians of the world of light will return again to kill".
"What does this mean?" Link asked. He stared at the words for minutes, then turned to the woman.
"Listen, Link..." the woman said. "I believe it is time to properly introduce myself. I am Ashin, and I am one of the seven sages. I will be here in the Golden Land to serve as your guide. The words you see here depict the grave future that may be in store for Hyrule..."
Link looked at Ashin, confused. "What?"
"Long ago, the chosen hero would always slay the beast, did he not? The beast being referred to is Ganon, and as you can see, it was always the hero's duty to bring the evil beast to justice. The three goddesses will destroy Hyrule if Ganon arises again... as they had done in the past. When Ganon arose a long time ago, the goddesses flooded the world of Hyrule, hoping that a new Hyrule would flourish afterwards. The sea brought winds of change, and Ganon was defeated again after being resurrected. Since then, more tales have been told of the great hero. Years passed, and the great ocean that once filled the world after the goddesses' flood was no more. Hyrule became no more a vast sea, but instead the great kingdom it had always been. This is an ancient prophecy that depicts Hyrule's possible fate - and only you can stop it. As you know, Ganon has not been resurrected as of yet. If you can stop the evil lord from rising once again, Hyrule will be safe from the goddesses' power."
Link looked at Ashin with understanding. He was ready to stop his brother from destroying the kingdom of Hyrule. Ashin muttered an enchantment, and a blue portal appeared on the ground. She signaled for Link to walk into it. Link began to approach the portal, then Ashin stopped him.
"Wait... before you leave, I have something to give you," Ashin said. She reached for her belt and grabbed a sword's hilt. She lifted up the hilt and placed it in Link's hands. "This, chosen hero, is the Master Sword's hilt. The blade is awaiting you in the future, but for now, take it. You will need it."
Link was mesmerized by the gift he had just been given. Was this really a part of the legendary Master Sword? He looked at Ashin in awe, then quickly bowed his head in appreciation. She acknowledged him, then gestured for him to get in the portal. Link slowly stepped near the portal, then placed both feet in. He felt a tug, and began to fall towards the blinding light...

kokirion

Just like you. But cooler
Chapter 4

Traicion and Tsukino

"My lord! Wait up!" yelled a woman from behind.
Poder quickly turned around to see who it was. The man calling him was none other than Tsukino. Tsukino had been a childhood friend of Poder, and Tsukino, along with Poder and Link used to frolic together in their youth. She was a promising young woman, perhaps one of the most skilled at wielding black magic.

You called Tsukino a man :P

bigflyingpotato

Watch out!
Again, sorry for not reading your chapters earlier. I really like what you did with Tsukino, even if you did call her a man XD
Very addictive story, I'm surprised you write so well so quickly.

Majora's Cat

How about that
Sorry, I edited it. I originally started writing Tsukino's part as a man, but then I remembered she was a woman! I guess I missed one of those...

Majora's Cat

How about that
Chapter 5
The Village Massacre

Tsukino gasped in shock. "You want me to kill your brother? What about you? Don't you want to dispose of him?"
"I think you can take care of it... you're powerful enough, aren't you?" Poder asked.
"Yes, sir."
Poder heard a man calling him from behind, and realized it was Atsuma Gale, a short young man around the age of 19. He was a town guard dressed in black pants, black boots and even a black vest. Tucked underneath was a small white shirt. He was a rather shy young man, but nice as well.
"Atsuma, why do you not comply with our dress code?" Poder questioned the boy.
"Please, sir, there are more important things to worry about than by clothes. Information has leaked that the villagers of South Hyrule know of some of the sages' locations. It appears as if the sages had visited them only a short time ago, and told the villagers something important. Probably a plan to overthrow our cult, but no such thing could possibly happen," said Atsuma.
Poder acknowledged Atsuma, and the young man ran off into the massive crowds of Castle Town. He directed his attention back to Tsukino.
"Just remember, when Link emrges from the barrier, quickly kill him no matter what. Understand?"
"Yes, your majesty," Tsukino bowed her head.
"Good, then farewell and good luck. It appears I have some business to attend to," Poder quickly gave her a peck on the cheek and sent her off.

---

Poder walked through the desolate no-man's land that was Hyrule Field. Emptiness and death. That was all he felt in the upon land, and he smiled. He was slowly tranforming Hyrule into a living nightmare. He walked towards South Hyrule, and as he approached the entrance to the new area, a man armed with a spear guarded the entrance to the thick forest.
"What are you doing here, evil being?!" the man seemed coersive yet frightened. "Go away, demon spawn!"
"You seem to not know who I am, filthy scum," Poder gave the man his menacing glare. The man backed up a little, still holding his spear tightly. "I am Poder, leader of the cult."
The man seemed to tense up from head to toe, and backed up a few inches more. Poder drew his sword slowly, as to instill fear in the guard. Alarmed, he quickly ran back towards the forest, but Poder was much more agile. He leaped acrossed the tree trunks, then into the trees themselves. After a while, the man seemed to think Poder was gone, and started scanning his surroundings. The tree branch rustled, and the guard saw Poder out of the corner of his eye and began to flee. Poder jumped out from tree, landed on the man and stabbed him right in the back. Blood oozed from the wound, and Poder pulled his blade out from the guard's back. The steel was covered entirely in blood. He took a single glance at his victim and moved on towards the village.

---

The village seemed eerily empty. The sound of his footsteps seemed to be amplified as he approached a house. He kicked down the door, and a man with a spear charged at him while his family stayed crouched in the corner of the house. Poder blocked the spear with his blade. The steel made a loud "clang" sound when they made contact. Poder kicked at the man's stomach, knocking him off his feet. This caused his defenses to be lowered, and Poder jumped on top of the man, impaling him. Poder lifted his sword out of the man's body, blood dripping from the tip of the blade. The family had nowhere to flee, and Poder slaughtered them as well. Red blood splattered against the walls, the sight too horrific to be described. He walked out of the house and made an announcement.
"Those who do not tell me what kind of conspiracy is going on, your family will be slaughtered, like the ones I just killed. I know you're all hiding, and I am not afraid to kill every bloody person in the village!" Poder's announcement seemed to create a deep silence. The wind whistled, and everything felt still. Poder lost his patience. He charged into the house opposite of the one he had just been in. A wife was protecting her child, her husband wielding a sword.
"You'll never take my family alive!" the man yelled.
"Then I'll take you dead, I suppose," Poder blew the sword right out of the man's hands and sliced his necks. Blood spurted out of his neck, enormous amounts flowing down the left side of his body onto the wooden floorboards. The woman cried and cried, clutching her baby ever tighter.
"You're next, lady," Poder killed the next two as well, leaving no one in the house alive to tell the tale.
Several townspeople began to join forces outside, each armed with a bow, sword or a spear. Poder stepped outside in annoyance. He gazed upon the sea of faces, then spotted his very own father.
"Listen, stupid villagers, tell me what happened with the sages! Either that or you all die!" his booming voice echoed across the village. None of the villagers moved a muscle.
"Never! We are loyal to the sages, even if we die!" yelled out a villager.
"Then you die..." Poder charged at the advancing crowd. The man in front attempted to stab him with his spear, but Poder jumped on top of it and gave the man a taste of his shoe. He hacked his way through a few more villagers. Blood splattered all over the ground. An archer aimed at Poder from afar, but he simply jumped on top of the villagers' heads and ran on top of them. once he reached the end, he jumped offand slashed the archer before he could fire the arrow. The men turned around and continued their onslaught, but they were all slaughtered one at a time. Each and every one had eventually lost their life to Poder's evil blade... all but one. Corei stood in the center of a glistening puddle of blood, staring at Poder in resentment.
"WHY?! WHY, PODER?! I TAUGHT YOU TO BE A BETTER MAN THAN THIS!" Corei started to sob, his tears strolling down his cheeks.
"You're far too gentle, old man. You wouldn't understand," Poder said as he lifted up is sword.
"You think you can defeat me, son? I taught you all you know about swordsmanship!"
"Well, it's about time the student killed the teacher, eh, father?" Poder dashed towards his father, but Corei was too quick. He dodged the attack and retaliated. Poder countered Corei's sword slash, then pushed his sword forward, knocking Corei off balance. He ran towards his father and grabbed him by the collar. Corei struggled to free himself of Poder's grasp. Poder threw his father to the ground and attempted to impale him. Corei roled out of the way, making Poder's sword get stuck in the ground. The old man swung his sword at Poder, but he bent over, narrowly avoiding his father's sword. Poder swung his leg at Corei's feet, knocking the old man onto the ground. Poder pinned him to the ground and laughed.
"Good-bye, father."
Poder stabbed the sword directly into Corei's heart. Blood trickled down Corei's chest. "Son... I had so much faith in you... I loved you... but now I hope you die a gruesome death. Justice will prevail, and the dark times will end. I believe... in your brother... he will kill you..." Corei's coughed up blood. A thin stream of it strolled down his chin, and the sparkle in his dark brown eyes faded away.
Poder stood up, pulling the blade out of his father's chest. "Farewell, you old fool."​

Last edited:

Diablo

King of Redeads
Wow Poder slayed an entire village just find the sages? I hope Link will avenge their deaths.

Majora's Cat

How about that
Chapter 6
Torn Allegiance: The Beginning of Betrayal

The light was pulled Link down, down, down... and then he felt it slowing down. The blinding light disappeared, and he was right outside he barrier to the Sacred Realm. I beautiful woman stood in from of him, definitely a member of the cult. He drew his sword and prepared for battle. Something seemed familiar about her bright blue eyes, her gorgeous brown hair... Link was frozen. It couldn't be - it just couldn't be!
"Ts-Tsukino?" Link said with a quivering voice. "Is that... you?"
Tsukino looked at Link and nodded her head. "Follow me outside, Link. I don't want to kill you here. There's too many people watching, and I'd rather be in a more open space. Come along, I won't try to blindside you - I'm a woman of honor."
Link was astonished by the words Tsukino had spoken - was this really the same Tsukino he knew in his childhood? He despairingly followed her outside of the town limits, then they found a nice spot in the middle of the destroyed Hyrule Field to fight.
"Tsukino... how could you?!" Link was appalled by her loyalty to his brother. "Do you realize what you're doing? You're a member of the cult! You can't be serious, can you? You always talked about how you despised Ganon when we were young."
The evil stare coming from the woman was not that of his childhood friend. She had changed.
"I just want to kill you so his majesty will be satisfied with my work! Let's fight already!" said Tsukino, eager to kill Link under the commands of his evil brother. She charged at Link without a weapon.
"What? Are you suicidal? Don't do this!" Link pleaded to her, trying to reason with her, but it was to no avail. He drew his sword again in defense.
"Die, Link!" yelled Tsukino, with rage in her voice. A black fire surrounded the length her body and she pushed out her arms. The black fire swarmed from her hands in the shape of butterflies. Link tried fruitlessly to fend off the black magic, but the swarm attacked Link and he felt a burning sensation as they attacked his skin. He tried to fight them off, but they continued searing his body. It felt as if a thousand needles were stabbing right into every part of his body - the pain was unbearable. Link cried out helplessly, but no one would ever hear him. Was this how it was going to end? Dying at the hands of his childhood friend? No. Never. He was going to fight back. Gathering every last ounce of his strength, Link began to stand up. Tsukino was intrigued by his willpower... no one had ever withstoodthe power of her black magic. He tightened his grip on the sword and dashed at Tsukino. She sent a barrage of fire butterflies at Link, but he cut through the swarms and swung his sword at her. Tsukino ducked and placed an enchantment on Link. He suddenly felt paralyzed from head to toe. He tried to lift his left arm, but merely strained himself by even attempting to lift his finger.
"Looks like you're much weaker than I could have ever imagined," Tsukino began to laugh at Link. "At this rate, you'll never kill your brother."
She approached Link, a sword in hand. "You were never worth killing. I guess that's why Poder let me do it for him."
Link was trying to scream, but his emotions were buried inside of him - his mouth didn't move an inch. Tsukino drew back her sword and thrusted it at Link.
"What?!" Tsukino was stunned. There was Link's hand, grabbing onto her sword. She tried to thrust the sword into his chest, but he held the blade with an iron grip. Blood began to trickle down his hand, and she looked into Link's eyes. There was a sense of determination like she had never witnessed before. Link burned with the passion to defeat her. His eyes glared with the will of fire, and he held onto the blade ever tighter. He pulled the sword torward him and Tsukino fell forward into his sword. He pushed the blade further into her body, and she choked violently, blood gushing from her mouth.
"You did it..." Tsukino applauded Link with an exhausted breath. "Congratulations... you may have a chance after all..."
Blood was stained on his sword. He pulled it out of her body and she fell flat on the ground. Link grasped his arm in pain - the burns from Tsukino's black magic were still affecting him. As he began to walk away, he couldn't bear leaving Tsukino to die like this. She was once a good friend of his, and it was not honorable to leave your opponent to simply die. He picked her up and heaved her over his shoulder - a nearly impossible task considering the amount of pain burning in his skin. Link limped away with Tsukino over his shoulder, hoping to find a safe place to recover.

P.S. I'm sorry the last two chapters have been kind of gory. I just don't want the story to be too lame. It's quite a complicated plot, and if you stick around to the very end, I'm sure you'll be pleased (or shocked) by the ending. Gore is good sometimes... it really depicts Poder's descent into madness. Fun stuff.

Last edited:

Majora's Cat

How about that
Chapter 6
Finding Answers

The cold wind blew across the village. Blood was splattered against every possible corner of every single house. It was the image of a perfect nightmare. Corei lay on the ground, blooding pouring out of the wound in his chest. Poder stood still for a moment, gorging himself with the lifeless village. The eerie silence, the carcasses that lay sprawled all over the ground - he took it all in. What a marvelous sight. Suddenly, he heard a creak. A small child stepped out of one of the houses, dried tears on his cheeks. The sound of wails of agony had died away once the villagers were dead, but the child brought it back as he cried helplessly for his mother. Poder rolled his eyes and walked up to the boy.
"Little boy, do you know where the sages are?" Poder tried to convince the child to hand over the information. Perhaps being nice would do the trick.
The child stepped back as he noticed the blood stained all over Poder's dark robe. "You killed my mommy!" He stumbled backwards and fell on his behind - straight into a puddle of blood. He looked down at his blood-drenched clothes and began to cry agonizingly.
Poder had had enough. He drew his sword and placed the bloody tip on the child's chest. He looked up at Poder, fear and despair in his eyes. There was no life ahead. There was no future, no hope, just longing for his family.
"Little boy... tell me where the sages are and I won't kill you," Poder growled through gritted teeth.
The child whimpered, then seemed to realize the weight of his situation. Surely he would end up dead if he did'nt comply with Poder's orders. "I know where they are..."
"Yes... ?"
"A few of the sages are hiding in a house in Western Hyrule. I think the girl that lives there is named Elanore. You can find the house in the village..."
Poder smiled his evil, crooked smile. "Thank you, little boy."
As the boy began to crawl backward into his house, Poder lunged forward and thrusted his blade into the boy's heart. Blood spurted out of his heart, and his eyes began to close.
"Why? You promise you wouldn't do i-..." the boy coughed up blood before he finished his dying words.
Poder walked away without looking back, then whispered something: "I lied."

---

Poder walked up north from the village. The trees in the Southern Hyrule area were very much alive, a golden sunlight shining down on the leaves. As he approached Central Hyrule, the sunlight disappeared and ominous black clouds hung overhead. He spotted the entrance to Western Hyrule in the distance and began to walk towards it. As he neared the Western entrance, he could see sunlight poking out of the fluffy white clouds. That was something he needed to change. Poder walked through the entrance, and he began to feel sweltering heat. He heard a soft crunch, and realized he was standing on sand. The wind blew fiercely, kicking up large dust storms that were making their way across the desert. Sand dunes stretched for miles and miles, endless waves of grainy sand. Poder covered his eyes with his sleeve, then fought against the deafening sand storm. The howling wind sent grains of sand flying into his eyes, and it eventually picked him off the ground and threw him backwards.
"Ahh!!!" he shrieked as he was flung out of the sand storm. He landed with a thump, head first into a sand dune. As he lifted his head up from the sand, he realized that he had lost all sense of direction while in the storm. He wiped the grains of sand off his neck and cleaned out the sand in his ears, then proceeded onward in a random direction. Eventually he came to what seemed like a small stone dome in the midst of the sand. The sand and dust flying in the air obscured his vision, but he was sure that he had. reached the village. Poder ran as fast as he possibly could, but no matter how fast he ran, the domes did not seem to get closer. Finally one came in his reach. He extended an arm to grab it, but felt nothing but air. What? Poder felt flat on his face. After spitting quite a bit of sand out of his mouth, he attempted to touch the dome. He felt nothing. Again. Nothing. Again. Nothing. Something was wrong. He walked forward towards what seemed like the dome, but as he passed the spot, he noticed that the desert was only blurring his vision. The actual dome was quite far off, and Poder sighed. How he longed for a regular grassy field to walk on instead of a scorching, ming-tricking desert. He ran ever faster to his destination, and this time it was for real. He touched the dome's surface, although it was a lot smaller than it had appeared. Several more domes barely came into view, as the sand storms plaguing the desert made it hard to see. He crawled into every single dome except for one, expecting to find the sages. Poder was far beyond annoyed, and by process of elimination, guessed that the final dome held what he was looking for. He let out a long, exasperated sigh and crawled through the small hole at the bottom of the dome. As he stuck his legs through, then his head, he heard some chit-chat coming from the floor below. Poder cautiously walked down the earthy stairs and discovered two sages sitting at a table with a puppy by their side. He slowly drew his bloody blade and dashed towards the sages. Each spilled their cup of tea in surprise. Poder hacked right through the table, and the sages prepared to fight. The older one pulled out a long staff, while the younger, more robust sage unsheathed a massive blade. The young sage held the ridiculously oversized blade over his head and attacked Poder. The weight of it was too much, and the sage quickly gained the upper hand. After a series of clangs and clashes, Poder decided to use black magic. The sage and Poder were in a deadly lock, each pushing against the other's sword, the swords pushing against each other. Poder gathered up all his strength and pushed the sage off balance and fired a black fireball at him. The fireball made contact with the sage's stomach and pushed him so far that his back slammed against the wall. The older sage stomped on the ground, causing his staff to illuminate. A green aura appeared from the head of the staff, and he fired a powerful beam at Poder. Poder blocked the beam using his sword, the green rays reflecting off the steel. The old sage advanced and swung his staff at Poder's feet, knocking him onto the ground. The sage held his staff just above Poder's nose, and stabbed the staff into his groin. Poder squealed in pain, grabbing his private area. The young sage jumped onto his feet again, and stood beside the old man. Poder fought off the pain and picked up his blade. He savagely attacked the two sages with his sword, knocking the younger sage onto the ground with a thin wound in his arm. The older sage seemed to be simply bruised by the fall, as he had blocked Poder's attack with his staff. Suddenly, the innocent little puppy started to assault Poder out of the blue. The puppy's claws were perfectly sharp, and he began to leave deep wounds in Poder's skin. He used a binding spell to paralyze the puppy, but it easily broke free and sunk its claws into Poder's chest. He hauled over in pain, trying to throw the puppy off. He eventually did pull it off, but its claws were lodged in his chest. He winced in pain, then threw the puppy against the wall. The older sage quickly stood up and cast a binding enchantment on Poder.
"You can't do this, old man!" Poder desperately tried to break free of the spell.
"Yes, as a matter of fact, I can. And you're going to pay for your injustice," the old man replied. He looked at Poder with cold eyes and left with the other sage and the puppy.
Poder was left alone in the darkness, bound to the ground...

Last edited:

Majora's Cat

How about that
Yeah, I want the reader to feel engaged in the storyline, and the gore in the fights add to the intensity. I try as hard as I can to make Link and Poder's point of view entirely different, with Link's being in a wonderous land above he sky in more of a heroic tone, and Poder in a bloodthirsty evil-doing tone. Never have I once hinted that what Poder was doing was bad when I was in his point of view. Anyway, to make the story more engrossing, I'm adding hand-drawn fan art. Plus, I'm not some terrible artist who wants to think he's good at drawing. I'm the real deal - I'm thirteen, but I'm famous for my art skills (at my school, at least). I'm sure many people will be pleasantly surprised by my art.

Diablo

King of Redeads
Wow your chapters are really desciptive. Good job and can't wait to see the pictures.

bigflyingpotato

Watch out!
I think the gore makes it more realistic, you can more easily picture the scene and just how violent Poder or whoever is being.
Looking forward to your pictures, will you be drawing scenes or characters?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom