• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Tri Force Heroes Zelda Tri Force Heroes

Dan

So this time it looks rather multiplayer happy but a little too happy?
I like a lot of the silly outfits and clothes the characters all wear but will you the player be interested in playing this game with pals online. Personally I think it looks dull but working together can be rather fun in some games, WHEN YOU CAN SEE YOUR PALS FACES!

Your thoughts?

(Note there are doll players for single player mode)

a3AoLVs.png

yquFZ7I.png

hFE3J7O.png

Last edited:

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
They attempted this ages ago with the first four swords game i dunno whether it went down a storm or not, but i don't think zelda games should REALLY be multiplayer, some aspects might work well, but then you always have the asshats who will screw the team up

SpiteChaotic

The lazy Chaos Bringer
When I heard the tittle I thought maybe this time Ganondorf would be a good guy and all three triforce holders would work together. Not the case and another multiplayer like game for zelda. Atleast their is a single player mode. They are also good with making sure the maps are made for if in single player or multiplayer so not the worst thing. If they at least added a local multiplayer mode as an option or online mode and I hope it isn't just randomized teamates. You can allow people to come in so if you and two friends get a skype call. You can have some fun times. If you want to try your hand at a random team least it allows you to choose I hope.

Reactions: Dan
From what I understood, online play is supported. At one point in the trailer it said, "Broadand Internet access required." I've been waiting for a cooperative Zelda game for the longest time even though I would have preferred it for Wii U. This should be enough to tide me over until Zelda Wii U.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
We'll see.

Never really liked Four Swords since multiplayer was basically impossible on a GBA game. I'm sure it will be good, but Nintendo don't get online gaming so I'm sure they'll be some feature in there that inhibits gamers wanting to play with their friends or random players. Though it does look kind of cheap considering it's a copy and paste of A Link Between Worlds visually. Part of me thinks they threw this together to fill the void of no Zelda U. Yeah that's not going to work.

Dan

We'll see.

Never really liked Four Swords since multiplayer was basically impossible on a GBA game. I'm sure it will be good, but Nintendo don't get online gaming so I'm sure they'll be some feature in there that inhibits gamers wanting to play with their friends or random players. Though it does look kind of cheap considering it's a copy and paste of A Link Between Worlds visually. Part of me thinks they threw this together to fill the void of no Zelda U. Yeah that's not going to work.

Nintendo have a better grasp of Multiplayer now, just look at Mario Kart 8 for a neat example. Like you said though, we shall need to wait and see.

Don't know what to think, honestly... I'm a little underwhelmed by that flop of a digital event right now.

But this looks pretty cool. Fun, at least. I'll probably get it. It's nice to see Four Swords get some love, even if it's technically... Three Swords...?

Like others have said, it seems like another hold over title to Zelda U. What's this, #4? I could do without one, but I'll take it.

My one problem with the Four Swords games was that they weren't proper Zelda games. I want a connected overworld this time around with areas to explore in between dungeons. I'm a bit worried about that not being the case because so much time was focused on the, rather pointless, totem mechanic and on fashion.

Shroom

The Artist Formally Known as Deku Shroom™
I think it looks fine. We're getting Zelda Wii U in 2016 (more than likely) so a smaller game using ALBW's assets doesn't really bother me.

Multiplayer Zelda is something that people will bring up every now and then, and I think the 3DS is the best place to make such a game. Costumes look interesting, and yeah. Think it looks like an alright game to release between now and Zelda Wii U's release.

VitaTempusN92

Hero of Time! The True Zelda Genius!
They attempted this ages ago with the first four swords game i dunno whether it went down a storm or not, but i don't think zelda games should REALLY be multiplayer, some aspects might work well, but then you always have the asshats who will screw the team up

NO GOD NO

I wouldn't mind optional multiplayer, but making it so I'd NEED other people to complete a Zelda game? Actually **** off. Hype train crashed.

Everyone, please calm down and relax! Aonuma and Shikata confirmed that there will be a single player mode, featuring "doll" like Links in place the other players.

Proof:

At 1:40, Shikata confirmed single player mode and that in instead the other players being there, there will be "doll-like characters".

Here is his quote:

Shikata: For single player, there are supporting doll like characters. There are two of them and you can beat a level by switching between Link and these two dolls.

So, there's the proof that there will be a single player. Thank God!

Anyways, one thing I've been wondering is, will this game be canon? Will it have a place in the timeline? If so, where? I'm thinking either the Adult timeline (A ST sequel maybe?), the Downfall timeline (ALBW sequel somehow?) or yet another new timeline. What do you people think?

Keep in mind that they said the game takes in a kingdom that is full of fashion savvy people, so there's likely chance the game may not set in Hyrule. Pehaps another place like Holodrum, Termina, or Labrynna? Or maybe even another dreamworld like Koholint Island (I think, judging by how this new world is described, I think this is more likely)?

So not only could it be a four swords spiritual successor, but maybe also even a spiritual sequel to LA!

Think about it, back in 2013, we had the spiritual sequel to ALttP, ALBW. This year, could we be getting the spiritual sequel to ALttP true direct sequel, LA?

The game could feature the same Link from ALBW but you can change his appearance to look other Link's from other games, as suggested so far, or make him look like you're own custom Link, also as suggested so far, as well dress him up as other characters like Princess Zelda, again, as seen in the footage. But his original default look could be ALBW Link since it will be the same Link, who somehow, like what happened with his ancestor, happens to get stuck in a dreamworld that he has to save from dangerous nightmares.

What do you think? Could any of these theories potentially work for this game?

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
"Tri Force" ...non-canon confirmed.

Costumes look kinda dumb. Here's hoping "Totem time" doesn't become that game-defining mechanic it forces you to do every other puzzle.

Other than all that, I've always wanted a proper multiplayer Zelda.

VitaTempusN92

Hero of Time! The True Zelda Genius!
"Tri Force" ...non-canon confirmed.

Costumes look kinda dumb. Here's hoping "Totem time" doesn't become that game-defining mechanic it forces you to do every other puzzle.

Other than all that, I've always wanted a proper multiplayer Zelda.

Just it has "Triforce" or "Tri Force" in the title, doesn't mean that it's not canon. It has to be canon cause:

1) It would just be stupid if it wasn't.
2) It's confirmed to have a story.
3) It's already bad enough that they say HW isn't canon. So it would really hurt the Zelda Timeline fan-base if they came out and said that TH isn't canon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom