• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda: Toon/Young Link, or Adult Link?

T

ToonLinkFreak

Which one in your opinion, (obviously), is better? For me, I choose Toon Link or young Link because their more my age... 12-ish, and they are less serious. What about you guys?:)

I think that a younger link is better. I think that one of the things that makes Link, Link is his purity, and that just conveys better through somebody younger. I don't really think you can have an adult toon link, so I think he fits under the category of a young Link.

I like the older, adult-like, more serious, beastly, manly adult Link because he's older, adult-like, more serious, beastly, and manly. :)

Depends on the story. Young Link was ideal for Majora's Mask, a game about the preservation of innocence above all else. On the other hand, a younger Link wouldn't have worked at all for a darker game like Twilight Princess.

Personally, I like Adult Link, although I love the cell shaded style of Toon Link. So Skyward Sword Link was my favorite, aesthetically. :)

I prefer an older Link. Even as a kid, I prefered an older Link. I always hated going through the child Link parts of Ocarina of Time as a kid.

I prefer an older, teenage Link. Even for Majora's Mask, I didn't like the fact that Link was a child. It seems a bit unrealistic to me, a child being capable of all of that. And while, yes, I understand LoZ is definitely not a realistic game, there is more of a sense of adventure to it when Link is older. It makes it seem more possible.

I honestly don't prefer one Link to any other. They all fit within their own games. I wouldn't toon link in TP for example, or vice versa. I like them all equally for different reasons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom