• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Third Person Shooter

CCG <3 Zelda

CrazyControllerGuy
Would you play a Zelda TPS spin-off with RPG elements? Imagine if it was done similar to the TPS like mini-game in "Link's Crossbow Training"

Personally, it's something I would check out!

Last edited:
Not a fan of first-person shooters, myself. They give me motion sickness. :c

That being said, I wouldn't mind if Nintendo made a spin off mini-game (similar to Link's Crossbow Training) with this mechanic, but if they produced a complete title in first person, I'd be pretty bummed.

Big Octo

=^)
Not a fan of first-person shooters, myself. They give me motion sickness. :c

That being said, I wouldn't mind if Nintendo made a spin off mini-game (similar to Link's Crossbow Training) with this mechanic, but if they produced a complete title in first person, I'd be pretty bummed.

Third person shooters...

Well, since Zelda is open to change, maybe they could at least give this a shot.

Third person shooters...

Well, since Zelda is open to change, maybe they could at least give this a shot.

Herp derp. Yep yep yep, I am an idiot. XD

In THAT case, I think it may work alright. XD I greatly enjoyed the rpg elements that they brought into Skyward Sword, and it would be interesting to see it expand a little more.

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
I don't know, I'm not sure how i feel about this. It's just not really Zelda. And I've never been a big fan of spin offs of any kind

Zelda just doesn't fit with shooting. It's more of an adventure style. Can't image a game with Link purely shooting stuff.

Mrflamexd3

Wind Waker!
Nope, I think The Legend of Zelda is good at what it's doing. It shouldn't be changed, if it was, then it wouldn't be Zelda.

godess reborn

Blame The Cricket
If they handled the game right, I don't see why not. But if it's just a thrown together thing to make a couple extra bucks, no. I prefer adventure games myself, but if Nintendo put time into it, some interesting game could be made. Zelda is good as it is, though, and making it a shooter may not neccesarily improve it.

I liked!Think about it,since the legend of zelda is full of itens,like the bombs and the crossbow,nintendo could do a FPS or a third person shooter(I like third person shooters)styled spin-off zelda game:The itens could fit the shooting style(like the bombs being the granades and the crossbow/bow could be the pistols)!Or a spin-off zelda game,with Link losing everything he has and only having the bow/crossbow with him.I think it would be a great spin-off zelda game.

TheRationalDove

Red Hair Wonder
Well, seeing as Nintendo has Kid Icarus: Uprising, which is pretty much a third person shooter, they may not need a new game with that sort of gameplay. Zelda already has elements of shooter games, if you count archery mini games or any time you use range weapons.

third person shooters? what exactly would link shoot? arrows? i hope that don't try to add guns into a zelda though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom