• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Theory-Kaepora Gaebora

About the AlttP Maidens and the OoT Sages

The AlttP Maidens are descendants of the seven sages that sealed the entrance to the Dark World. The apparent problem between the Maidens being human/Hylian and the OoT Sages being Kokiri, Goron and Zora as well as human has earlier troubled many theorists. However, this problem might not be anymore, because the Historia does not say that the Sages that seal the Dark World have to be the OoT Sages, that sealed Ganondorf into the Dark World.

The Sages Seal the Sacred Realm

The King of Hyrule ordered the seven sages to seal the entrance to the Sacred Realm. As the sages prepared their spell, the Knight Family protected them from the demons that came gushing out of the entrance.

Note: There is a picture of the Sages as they are seen in AlttP near this text and the OoT Sages.

Agahnim seized the power from the king and manipulated the soldiers to capture the maidens that were descendants from the seven sages. The maidens were offered as a sacrifice and sent to the Dark World. Even Princess Zelda was going to be offered as a sacrifice.

From glitterberri.com

/Blue Window

A

asirusas

I completely agree i thought the same thing when i saw him.......

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
i freaking hate the way they're doing this,why would they gives Gapora and make him look SO MUCH like the owl,only to say the he's actually Rauru
THEN WHAT WAS THE POINT OF HINTING HIS NAME & SIMILARITIES!?
first time playing skyward sword,i pretty much bought that Gapora was the owl,why couldn't hey have just named Gapora 'Rauru' so it wouldn't be such a widespread mess

Because Gaepora wasn't invented yet in Ocarina of Time. Only in Skyward Sword was Gaepora was introduced. The only reason why they named him Gaepora was because he looked like Kaepora Gaebora and Rauru. The Kaepora Gaebora/Rauru speculation existed ever since Ocarina of Time was released so it would be reasonable to assume that Rauru might be KG as he is an ancient sage. If it would help you, you might think of Rauru as a descendant of Gaepora, hence why he resemble both him and the King of Hyrule.

MiniMouseofPyru

The Notorious M.O.P.
Actually, Nintendo actually said in an interview that this was a simple coincidence. I think there was something about the Minish Cap designers returning and all that whatnot. I still like to think that Gaebora is Rauru's ancestor or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom