• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Theory-Kaepora Gaebora

V

VaatiReborn

I must first note that this is my theory and hasn't been confirmed.

It has been confirmed that Rauru, The Sage Of Light in the Chamber of Sages in Ocarina of Time took the form of Kaepora Gaebora when Link was a kid and helped him through his adventure.Well, there is Gaepora in Skyward Sword.Not only does his name bear resemblance to the owl Kaepora Gaebora, He even laughs with an owl-like "Hoo, hoo, hoo".He also shares some physical similarities. His eyebrows and triangular beard correlate with some of Kaepora Gaebora's characteristics.
Gaepora also bears a strong resemblance to Kaepora Gaebora's true form Rauru. Skyward Sword was the prequel to all Zelda games as shown in the official timeline in Hyrule Historia. Rauru and Gaepora's relation? Possibly a new incarnation? Thought it was interesting. Would Love to hear everyones thoughts!

Danigo92498

Someone You Met Online
The owl is Keapora Geabora's(SS) reincarnation, the sheikah stones say so. Rauru has almost no relevance besides being a sage, IMO.

V

VaatiReborn

Well yes. I was just curious about a link between Gaepora and Kaepora Gaebora. And I believe that too. Rauru just kind of gives you the Light Medallion when there should of been an actual temple and a boss for it IMO.

But when Ocarina of Time was released, Gaepora didn't existed at the time and yet Kaepora Gaebora was said to be an ancient sage. Gaepora was a Headmaster, not a sage. Kaepora Gaebora was always considered to be Rauru long before Skyward Sword and Hyrule Historia.

V

VaatiReborn

@TheBlueReptile:That is Really interesting and that does make sense. It could be a family resemblance. It also could be that he used it in an honor to descendants.He does talk about time travel though which could mean just in the Ocarina of Time point of time which makes sense or another theory that he could travel back further and could be Gaepora himself.

@Shadao: Yes, that is true as well. Gaepora was a headmaster,not a sage and possibly has no relation to the sage Rauru. It was just a theory of mine of how much Gaepora acts like Kaepora Gaebora and his physical characteristics that match.

Last edited by a moderator:
i really disagree with Hyrule Hsitoria. Here the reason why!

Kaepora Gaebora said:
Hey, what's up, Link? Surprised to see me? A long time in this world is almost nothing to you, is it? How mysterious! Even I thought that the tales of a boy who could travel back and forth through time was merely a legend. Link, you have fully matured as an adult. From now on, the future of all the people in Hyrule is on your shoulders. Maybe it's not my time anymore. Here is my last advice. Two witches inhabit this temple. In order to destroy them, turn their own magic against them. Hoo hoot! I will continue to watch you... Hoo hoo hoo hoot!

Kaepora issupriesed of Links timetravel. If he is Rauru he should know about it. You could say he thought it's a legend until he saw Link doing it, but think about it Rauru is the guy who built the ToT to protect the master sword and since then lives in the Light Temple. He realy should know about timetravle. He built the temple of TIME that hes the Pedestal of TIME in it, the Door of TIME that needs the Ocarina of TIME to be opend!!!

Also he makes it clear despite he's still watching over Link, they won't meet again. Link meets Rauru later on in the game.

They can't be the same:)

V

VaatiReborn

@TheGermanLegend: Yes, you make a valid point except all of Hyrule Historia has been confirmed through Nintendo

@JuicieJ: Now I am confused about it now that you bring that up. 0.o

@TheBlueReptile:That is Really interesting and that does make sense. It could be a family resemblance. It also could be that he used it in an honor to descendants.He does talk about time travel though which could mean just in the Ocarina of Time point of time which makes sense or another theory that he could travel back further and could be Gaepora himself.

@Shadao: Yes, that is true as well. Gaepora was a headmaster,not a sage and possibly has no relation to the sage Rauru. It was just a theory of mine of how much Gaepora acts like Kaepora Gaebora and his physical characteristics that match.

Well I personally believe that Gaepora and Rauru are related in some way due to their appearance, perhaps both being members of the Royal Family. So I agree with your theory in a sense. As Kaepora Gaebora, from what I understand of Hyrule Historia is that Rauru is KG the same way that the King of Hyrule is the King of Red Lions.

V

VaatiReborn

Well I personally believe that Gaepora and Rauru are related in some way due to their appearance, perhaps both being members of the Royal Family. So I agree with your theory in a sense. As Kaepora Gaebora, from what I understand of Hyrule Historia is that Rauru is KG the same way that the King of Hyrule is the King of Red Lions.

It all does make sense. Its not all confirmed information, its just a theory.

N

noother84

From an interview with Aonuma, just last month:
http://www.zeldadungeon.net/2011/12...er-interview-talks-skyward-sword-zelda-wii-u/

The headmaster’s name, Gaepora, is pretty similar to the owl’s name from Ocarina of Time, Kaepora Gaebora. The headmaster even has owl-like eyebrows and a hooting laugh. Were these characters intentionally made similar, or is that just a coincidence?

The headmaster holds a wide variety of knowledge (he was originally designed to be the priest who was the heir to the legend of the goddess), and so the designer made him look like that in order to present a wise and dignified image. He wasn’t actually designed around Kaepora Gaebora, but since he did end up resembling him, we gave him the name Gaepora.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom