• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Classic Zelda Theme

T

tetra

I just got the legend of zelda collectors edition for gamecube and I decided to play the 1st zelda and as soon as I heard that music it took me back to when I was 8 playing zelda for the 1st time with my mom on my nes!!! I forgot how much I love that original song!! It gets me pumped and ready to go save hyrule n beat gannons ***!!! The 1st 2 games are really nostalgic for me, so do u guys get that euphoric, kick=*** feeling when u hear the zelda theme 2? Does it bring back memories?

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
The NES and SNES are older than me and even i agree that their awesome games on those systems.
You can find ALttp for GBA with FS and if really want the older games trying see if you the Classic NES Series of LoZ and AoL on GBA that's how I have them.
It doesn't bring back memories but the first time I heard the Temple music in LoZ 2 it reminded me of SMB:Melee soon after that I realized that they were the same theme.

Last edited:
N

nicoleesparza

I'm in dire need of a good quality tutorial for the zelda theme, or any other good video game music for that matter.

I just got the legend of zelda collectors edition for gamecube and I decided to play the 1st zelda and as soon as I heard that music it took me back to when I was 8 playing zelda for the 1st time with my mom on my nes!!! I forgot how much I love that original song!! It gets me pumped and ready to go save hyrule n beat gannons ***!!! The 1st 2 games are really nostalgic for me, so do u guys get that euphoric, kick=*** feeling when u hear the zelda theme 2? Does it bring back memories?

I also have that collectors edition you do.
Everytime i hear that tune it makes me feel great..
It has such amazing music it just makes me feel so happy in a nostalgic way.
It brings me back to when i first played it on the n64 when i was 23 and it blew me away.
Here is that music.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMN0wRP0ZN4
I remember just before it came out it showed that opening sequence in my local game shop.
Although i have the first two zelda games for the nes.
Even the music of the first sends shivers up my spine as it does with oot.
And game music must be good if it sends shivers up my spine.

Retsdob

Retsdob
I absolutly love that theme, it's actually what got me into zelda. I decided to call a friend over to spend the night when I was about ten and I heard the music in the backround. I hung on every note it seemed to wisk me away to hyrule before I even knew what hyrule was. Zelda music is of the highest quality in my mind, if anything puts me in the world of the hero it's that. When I played the first game, I was new to video games and I found it immensly frustrating. I could bearly handle a horde of octorocks, but it was the overworld theme that sustaind me. When it seemed as though all hope was lost, when there was no way I could find the next dungeon or handle a group of blue darknuts, the music was there to inspire me to move forward. So man answer is yes, and I absolutly adore it.

Caeda

Keyblade Master
I recently played up to the first dungeon in the original, and I couldn't belive how good that song was in the original. I spent a good half-hour just wandering around the overworld just listning to the song. Hopefuly they find a way to sneak it into OoT3D.

Majora's Cat

How about that
Ah, yes, hearing the primitive music of the original Legend of Zelda gives us all a feeling of nostalgia. Nothing could ever compare to the beauty of the very first overworld theme for Hyrule. LoZ se the groundwork for the entire franchise to build on, and for that we are all thankful. I remember the first time I laid hands on the NES classic game, The Legend of Zelda. The familiar electronic beeps formed into an overworld theme seemd pretty outdated but would become on of the staples of arguably the greatest video game seres of all time. It gives players, old and new, a magical feeling. A feeling that can only be felt when one listens to the timeless classic themes of the original Legend of Zelda. So yes, I do indeed get that wonderful feeling.

Also, a few other songs from the franchise let me relive the greatness that is Zelda. The first is the Credits theme from Twilight Princess, which combines many remixed soundtracks from the game as well as a little bit of classic Zelda (orchestrated, of course). The beauty of the credits music and the cutscenes nearly drove me to tears as I grasped the Wii Remote in my right hand, holding it ever so tightly. I would then listen to the song over and over, watching the credits to relive that magical feeling I had felt the first time I beat Twilight Princess. Never has a game touched me so. I'll say that the Credits from TP opened my eyes and made me view video games in a completely different light.

Some other touching moments in Zelda (for me) were the ending credits in each 3D Zelda game. Ocarina of Time's incorporated its most famous tunes such as Saria's Song and Zelda's Lullaby. Many songs from OoT such as these would go on to become staples of the franchise. After watching the Credits theme for Ocarina of Time, I felt that same sensation that washed over me when completing TP. The same goes for MM and WW, but these two 3D Zeldas in particular did not have the same effect as Twilight Princess and Ocarina of Time did. Nonetheless, all four games' ending credits moved me in a way I can hardly describe. Call it the magic of Zelda, I suppose.

The many beautifully written and conducted songs from the series' past and present still haunt me today. And after hearing LoZ's classic overworld theme that would spawn so many others, nostalgia swept me off my feet and transported me to the late '80s. It was interesting to see where the rest of the franchise came from, where it all started. And I was very impressed with what I came across, because the first Zelda was thoroughly entertaining. An oldie but a goodie, it was. I just hope that the rest of the Zelda Dungeon community feels the same way about the franchise and the original NES classic because without the base, the rest of the franchise is sure to crumble. It was indeed a beautiful moment for me to visit the birthplace of The Legend of Zelda - where the legend began.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom