• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Theme Park

G

GerudoRose

Wouldn't it be great if the LOZ franchise had its own theme park somewhere or have a section of rides based off Legend of Zelda? Think about it, Death Mountain roller coaster, Hyrule Castle, Gerudo Fortress bazaar or shops, Kokiri Forest playgrounds, and Ordon village would be like Main street at Disney world. Hey, a fan girl can dream right? Also, you can have staff workers dress up as Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf for autographs or on stage while the rest of the staff members can dress up as Hylians, Ordonians, or Gerudos. What do you think?

Last edited by a moderator:

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
The idea is very weak on it's own. Zelda itself is not a big enough fanbase to work with the cost of a theme park of that size. However, a Nintendo theme park could be different if properly advertised and placed. The many Nitendo fans and Nitendo's massive family appeal could totally work as a theme park as a whole. There is also the events thjey could hold there; perhaps their own specific Nintendo conventions which would line up the nerds for miles around.
A Zelda section in the park would bring appeal to the teen audiences if done effectively and with the right rides. Teens could go through dangerous and adventure theme rides with restaurants that are fitted to medieval times. Archery tournaments and farms could be plodded around.
Overall, Zelda alone can't be a theme park, but Nitendo as a whole could bring in the big bucks.

43ForceGems

Quid est veritas, Claudia
Just that idea sounds cool to me. Instead of Thunder Mountain, Death Mountain, like you've already stated. And instead of Tower of Terror, Ganon's Tower, and instead of Snow White or whatever's castle Hyrule Castle instead. And instead of Indiana Jones, Link.... Just Link. And instead of teacups, empty bottles...

You shouldn't let me off the leash. I could keep on going and going. Great idea!

And CWS, I agree with you. Zelda couldn't do a whole park but Nintendo as a whole could. Think about Nintendo park. Honey I shrunk the audience so they can meat Olimar and his Pikmin without killing him from immense foot squash. AWESOME!

Ikana

Trollkastel
I would like it to be all Nintendo than just Zelda.I do like Zelda but I would like to see other things too.Good idea I could jolt down a bunch of stuff but maybe latter I will

G

GerudoRose

I do see Nintendo have their own park and Legend of Zelda could have their own section. Financially, it will possibly fail consider the fan, economy, and the popularity it will harbored. If they did manage to create a Zelda theme park, it would not be large as Disney world or Universal theme park. I would see it like a Busch Gardens or smaller. I am not sure what other them parks that is smaller than Disney or Universal. If Nintendo pulls it off and build it's own theme park or a video game theme park featuring Legend of Zelda, I will buy that ticket the first thing the moment it opens its doors. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I definitely feel like Nintendo could open a theme park with all of it's franchises. That would be one of the first theme parks I would really be excited to go to myself.

LozzyKate

Ask Me Why I Love The Photoshops
That would be so awesome to see somethng like that. I could literally picture that in my head. There should be like a little pedestal and you could seeif the Master Sword accepts you by trying to pull it out of the pedestal. What an awesome idea!

G

GerudoRose

That would be so awesome to see somethng like that. I could literally picture that in my head. There should be like a little pedestal and you could seeif the Master Sword accepts you by trying to pull it out of the pedestal. What an awesome idea!

I thought of that too! I am thinking they should have like a Dragon Roost Island water slide with the King of the Red Lions as the boat like the ones on splash mountain and dudley-do-right water slide. Valoo the dragon could sit on top of the mountain like in the game, shooting fire, water, or pictures at the tourist sailing by. I could see staff members dress as the Ritos or Sage mascots like Makar and Medli at the attraction. A small pool or lake representing the Great Sea would be very cool also! Tourist would walk through a small underground tunnel or channel to see a replica of Hyrule castle in an aquirium within the pool.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
There have been theme parks made for weirder things: (Warning, some explicit/Not Safe For Work content regarding the first park on the list, Korea's "Love Land" - a theme park dedicated to the joy of sex with... interesting sculptures).

10 Bizarre Theme Parks (INCLUDING A NINTENDO THEME IN THE WORKS)!!!

Okay, so the Nintendo attraction is only one attraction and it's Mario themed, but, still, it's a start. This idea could work if it's a general Nintendo thing with various mini "worlds" as areas of the park. There can be a Pokemon area (isn't there already a Pokemon theme park out there?) the popular (main) Mushroom Kingdom, there could be a science-fiction (Space Mountain-like) Metroid area, and, of course, for the medievially-inclined, "Hyrule." I like the idea of "Hyrule" having (safe) archery based gaming and viritual swordfighting. An "Escape the crumbling Castle" ride (ala Ocarina of Time) could be cool. I see it as having very limited appeal, however, it it's not all included in a general Nintendo park.

There have been theme parks made for weirder things: (Warning, some explicit/Not Safe For Work content regarding the first park on the list, Korea's "Love Land" - a theme park dedicated to the joy of sex with... interesting sculptures).

Okay, so the Nintendo attraction is only one attraction and it's Mario themed, but, still, it's a start. This idea could work if it's a general Nintendo thing with various mini "worlds" as areas of the park. There can be a Pokemon area (isn't there already a Pokemon theme park out there?) the popular (main) Mushroom Kingdom, there could be a science-fiction (Space Mountain-like) Metroid area, and, of course, for the medievially-inclined, "Hyrule." I like the idea of "Hyrule" having (safe) archery based gaming and viritual swordfighting. An "Escape the crumbling Castle" ride (ala Ocarina of Time) could be cool. I see it as having very limited appeal, however, it it's not all included in a general Nintendo park.
Wow... a Korean theme park devoted to sex... this only proves how strange my people are...
Moving on topic, I couldn't see just a Legend of Zelda theme park, like most people have said. It would have to be Nintendo as a whole.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Ahh a Zelda theme park. If they did that I'd go there and never leave. NEVER I SAY! But I could see a Zora's Domain Water Park area, a cool little show with Link going through a dungeon (totally accurate too! although it'd be wierd to see Midna just walk over XD), Spirit Train Rides, Zelda's Autographs, a Hyrule Castle themed area, Gerudo Archery Games, a Deku Scrub Playground, a Shadow Temple ride, Twilight Realm areas complete with peaceful Twili, a Snow Realm with Anouki wandering around being friendly saying "Hey guy welcome to Anouki Village!", Zelda themed plays (based off various games and cutscenes from said games), and tons and tons of other stuff. Dang that'd be sweet. But sadly, Zelda doesn't have a large enough fan base to pull it all off, but if there was an all Nintendo Theme Park... *smiles wickedly*

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic

Shadsie, I hate to burst your bubble, but that video and the website are dated to later 2006 and hasn't even been updated. I'm guessing the project has been cancelled sadly. If only Nintendo had TV shows then it could get even more publicity for it's characters.

So here is a question for you guys: Imagine if you were building a Nintendo theme park, how would you raise Nintendo popularity enough to warrant people going to a theme park with their kids.

I would do multiple TV cartoons, (I don't mean anime since Japan already loves Nintendo beyond compare) then I would air commercials in both daylight hours and primetime to get awareness up. Then we show demos of the park at E3 to get awareness of all the nerds. The park is opened in about a year with at least 35 rides, multiple restaurants, arcades, etc.

G

GerudoRose

How the company would promote the park must first put the ad inside the video game first before it goes on TV like a special bonus after completing the game. Movies also might boost popular for the games if they were done right by the right directors, decent writers, and spectacular special effects like the Harry Potter movies and the Marvel comics. Those two already have their own slice of the theme park franchise!

The Zora's domain water theme park is cool but that would be a bit over the top since the Zoras appeared in a few games but they could have their own ride or restaurant like Ariel's playground or restaurant at Disney world. I could see a skit about Link meeting the Zoras and fighting off Gerudo pirate to save LuLu's eggs like in Majora's mask. Heck, they could put an animatronic robots disguised as the Indigo-gos. :zora:

L

LinkRoxMySox

Wouldn't it be great if the LOZ franchise had its own theme park somewhere or have a section of rides based off Legend of Zelda? Think about it, Death Mountain roller coaster, Hyrule Castle, Gerudo Fortress bazaar or shops, Kokiri Forest playgrounds, and Ordon village would be like Main street at Disney world. Hey, a fan girl can dream right? Also, you can have staff workers dress up as Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf for autographs or on stage while the rest of the staff members can dress up as Hylians, Ordonians, or Gerudos. What do you think?

I like that idea. My freind and I were thinking the same thing while playing TP a couple months ago. :) I was riding down Zora's River then we just thought "Hey, that'd be a sweet themme park ride." But, as many people have said already, its gotta get more popular. It's a great game, I don't see why it isn't already... XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom