• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess Zelda the Queen in TP?

fused_shadows

Brave Knight of Truth
I've seen a lot of people say that Zelda is never flat out called the princess in TP, so she might be the queen. This is incorrect. Here are a few quotes from the Text Dump that directly call Zelda a Princess:

Princess Zelda said:
The kingdom succumbed to twilight, but I remain its princess...

This one's directly from Zelda herself. No denying she says princess.

Midna said:
H-Hurry...to where...Princess Zelda...waits...

Midna calling Zelda the princess.

Lanayru said:
Go to the princess locked away in the castle.

That princess holds the key that can unlock you from your shadow form...

Again, flat out being called a princess by Lanayru, the Light Spirit.

Midna said:
We must save Princess Zelda, [Link]! We must!

I think you guys are getting my point.

Resident of Castle Town said:
And on top of that, we haven't seen Princess Zelda, who is such a supporter of the people.

I win. :D

Rusl said:
If you are lucky, you may even get to meet Princess Zelda! Ah ha ha!

Just some icing on the cake.

Queen Rutela said:
When the dark ones descended upon our village, I sent my young one, Ralis, to Hyrule Castle to inform Princess Zelda of our fate.

As Spongebob would say:

[video=youtube_share;keLLsoHQojA]http://youtu.be/keLLsoHQojA[/video]

I think I've made my point.

So there, Zelda in TP is the princess. Not the queen. She's the princess. That's been bugging me for a while, glad to get it off my chest. :D

I think I read somewhere (Was it SSBB?) that she was about to become the queen, but Zant invaded before that happened.

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
I think I read somewhere (Was it SSBB?) that she was about to become the queen, but Zant invaded before that happened.
The trading cards. I'm pretty sure that was her trading card. I've never heard anyone say that Zelda was supposedly the queen in TP though. It was pretty obvious that she was the princess, at least in title, I thought.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
The trading cards. I'm pretty sure that was her trading card. I've never heard anyone say that Zelda was supposedly the queen in TP though. It was pretty obvious that she was the princess, at least in title, I thought.

Yeah, TP Zelda's trading card said that she was going to be Queen after le coronation. However, it was apparently interrupted thanks to Zant's lil' invasion.

By the by, I never saw Zelda as a princess. She made some pretty significant decisions for the Kingdom, and I don't recall Princes and Princesses doing so unless the King/Queen (regnant?) are missing.

Big Octo

=^)
Even though she and others referred to her as a Princess, I still thought of her as a queen. She may have not had her coronation yet, but she was pretty much there.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Well I think the terms Princess and Queen are synonymous in a lot of contexts and more so with The Legend of Zelda.

Usually the term "Queen" is the highest ranked female in the monarchy or the secondary to the King, given there is one. A "Princess" will usually be the the one below the Queen in that hierarchy. So since Zelda was essentially the only known figure in the monarchy, then I guess we could call her a Queen by definition.

However, I think the series likes to refer to her as a Princess, mainly to fit that stereotypical scenario about the hero rescuing the Princess etc. So by definition a Queen, but she is just referred to as a Princess for consistency's sake and fro what I mentioned just previously.

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
I thought she was the queen because there's no king. Maybe she hadn't been crowned before Zant's invasion, but that would make her de facto Queen, no?

Yuki Cross

Attack on Titan~!!!
That was the most entertaining post I've read all day. XD Yes, I agree, she's not a queen, and all the evidence points to her being a princess. (that reminds me, where did I put that Spongebob movie...?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom