• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

ZELDA SYMPHONY!!!!!!!!! :D

LinkIsAwesomest

NEVER FORGET HE'S AWESOME
I just went to the LA Zelda 25th Anniversary Symphony and ohh.... my.... Goddess..... IT WAS EPIC!!

The orchestra performed all the songs beatifully!! They were very talented. They were called the Orchestra Nova.

The songs were: (I'm taking this directly from the pamphlet they gave us)
Part I
1. Hyrule Castle Theme
Hyrule Castle Theme from A Link to the Past

The concert opens with the theme from Hyrule Castle from the Super NES game A Link to the Past. Please enjoy the masjestic atmosphere of this wonderful arrangement.

2. Princess Zelda's Theme
Princess Zelda's Theme from A Link to the Past

We created Princess Zelda's theme at the time of [A Link to the Past[/u] for Super NES. After that, because this song was to be one of the songs you played on the ocarina in Ocarina of Time on the Nintendo 64, we chose the Re-Fe-La-Ti-Re five note musical scale of teh ocarina to be able to play the Ti-Re-La scale of this song.

3. The Wind Waker Symphonic Movement
From The Wind Waker
Legend of the Hero, Outset Island, Setting Out, Pirates, Reunion With Aryll, The Great Sea, Zelda's Awakening, The Hero of Winds, Ganondorf Battle, Staff Credits

Garbed in his green clothes Link stands in the winds on the precipice above Outset Islet (they made this typo in the pamphlet!!) and gazes far across the ocean. What that scene brought to mind was the scenery and music of Ireland. We based the music on the thought that Irish music and the way it connects short melodies was particularly sutied to this game. You'll hear a variety of themes, so please try to recall them.

4. Ocarina Melody Suite
From Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask: Sun's Song, Zelda's Lullaby, Minuet of Forest, Goron's Lullaby, Prelude of Light, Bolero of Fire, Elegy of Emptiness, New Wave Bossa Nova, Sonata of Awakening, Song of Healing, Serenade of Water, Song of Soaring, Song of Time, Epona's Song, Nocturne of Shado, Oath to Order, Requiem of Spirit, Song of Storms, Saria's Song

The orcestra sections will perform the ocarina songs from Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask as we introduce the instruments. There are 19 ocarina melodies, but each of them use only the five notes of Re-Fa-La-Ti-Re.

5. Boss Battle Medley
Mid-Boss Battle and Dinosaur Boss Battle from Ocarina of Time
Molgera from The Wind Waker
Boss Battle 2 from Spirit Tracks
Boss Battle 2 from Twilight Princess

We have collected background music only from boss battles in the Legend of Zelda series. Perhaps you will be able to remember those boss battles that were rather tough, but also fun. Contrary to our expectations that these would be only intense songs, there are some with a more refined taste.

6. Kakariko Village - Twilight Princess Theme
Kakariko Village Theme from A Link to the Past and Twilight Princess

We created the Kakariko Village theme at the time of A Link to the Past. We gave it a tranquil, rural feeling. This song is also featured in Ocarina of Time, but the instrument arrangements are different for the child era and the adult era.

7. The Legend of Zelda 25th Anniversary Medly
The Triforce Room from A Link to the Past
Steam Train Field 2 from Spirit Tracks
Dragon Roost Island from The Wind Waker
Light World Theme from A Link to the Past
Princess Zelda's Theme from Ocarina of Time

To end the first section we perform a selection of songs so representative of the Zelda series it could even be called the 25th Anniversary Medley.

Part II
8. Ganondorf's Theme
From Ocarina of Time
Ganon's Tower, Ganondorf's Theme, Ganondorf Battle, Final Ganon Battle

We begin the second section with the ominous scene of Ganondorf waiting for Link. You can then enjoy his transformation into Ganon with an intense orchestral performance.

9. The Legend of Zelda: Selected Shorts Suite

We tried a suite like this thinking we wanted everyone to enjoy as many songs from the Zelda series as possible. There may be some short fanfares hidden within this song. We won't list the songs here, so try to count how many different songs were perfomed. (I don't really remember all the songs to be honest, sorry about that. I do remember ALttP Lost Woods Theme in particular... there were so many others, but it was last night so I don't remember :()

10. Gerudo Valley
Gerudo Valley from Ocarina of Time

This is the theme for Gerudo Valley. The original song was done on guitar and trumpet, but this time, with an orchestral arrangement, it has become a magnificent and bold song, as if Gerudo Valley had become a grand canyon.

11. Hyrule Field from Ocarina of Time
Hyrule Field from Ocarina of Time

The song Hyrule Field changed during the game based on the player's condition. We'd like to try to reproduce that with an orchestra. Let's create a unique version of Hyrule Field that can only be heard here!

12. Great Fairy's Fountain Theme
Great Fairy's Fountain Theme from A Link to the Past

This is the theme from the Great Fairy's Fountain and the song from the File Selection Screen. It's been used in every Zelda game since, so it could even be said it is The Legend of Zelda Theme Number 2.

13. Twilight Princess Symphonic Movement
From Twilight Princess
Title Screen, Lamentation of the Spirits, Midna's Theme, Hyrule Field, The Sages' Theme, Ganondorf Battle, Staff Credits 2

"Doesn't everything feel lonely when twilight comes?" For this game, which started with this question, we compiled the music with a focus on sorrow and solemnity in minor keys, and with the main theme and battle songs emphasized a feeling of running at a sprint. Even in the midst of crisis, the hand reaches out as if to grab hold of hope... We hope you enjoy a medley with just such a feeling.

14. The Legend of Zelda Main Theme Medley
Title Theme, Above Ground Theme from The Legend of Zelda
Light World Theme from A Link to the Past

This is The Legend of Zelda main theme that was born twenty five years ago, but as the theme of the future series, it has been used in a variety of arrangements. WE hope you'll enjoy today's final, grand arrangement.

My personal favorites were the Great Fairy's Fountain Theme, Boss Battle Medley, Twilight Princess Symphonic Movement, and The Legend of Zelda Main Theme Movement. Those were all performed really well, and the way they were written was beautiful.

MIYAMOTO WASN'T THERE!! o_O BUT Aunoma, Trinen, and at the very end... Koji Kondo were!!! :D Aunoma said Miyamoto was busy. He just said some welcoming words and stuff like that. At the very, very end, Koji Kondo performed Grandma on the piano. Then, Aunoma said, "I can't play piano or speak English, so I guess I can just talk about the games XD" or something like that. Then they played the Goddess Song from SS, accompanied by the Harp Trailer that ZD posted earlier on a big screen. (I was laughing to myself cuz I had already saw that like three times on ZD haha)

THEY HAD SS DEMOS!!!! :O They were from the Skyview Temple!! And they were playing trailers on TVs before and after the concert. Sadly, I didn't get to play a demo. I sat down behind someone playing intending to wait my turn, but Dad was like, "you honestly think you'll be able to play it?" So we had to take our seats in the actual theater like, 10 minutes early. I saw the demo space empty right before we sat down, and I was SUPER MAD because I was sooooo close to actually being able to play the demo!!! I was really annoyed at Dad :(

There was a big screen playing footage from the games and showing closeups of the orchestra the whole time. I quite enjoyed it, I think it added to the concert.

The audience wasn't very respectful, they were yelling out and clapping whenever they got excited or nastalgic. When they showed the NES games, they went insane XD. The FUNNIEST PART EVER was when they showed Midna in her true form, and a guy yelled out "awwww YEAH!!!!" EVERYONE laughed it was HILARIOUS!!

I saw like, at least 6 or 7 people in Link cosplays!! A couple of them were really good, a couple weren't. No other characters though, just Link.

There were pretty much no kids, not even really teenagers. Mostly just adults. I was one of the only kids.

That's all I can think of right now, but if I think of anything else, I'll edit later. Anyone here went to the concert?

Last edited:

Ochibi

An enthusiastic nobody.
ARGGGHHH--- SO LUCKY!!

Pitty they aren't going to Australia ;____;

Thanks for the report; this is probably as close as I'll get to 'experiencing' the atmosphere....

Y

yesteryeargames

Hi what did the VIP pass people get ? any photos of the merchandise please?

LinkIsAwesomest

NEVER FORGET HE'S AWESOME
Sorry, I wasn't a VIP member... I'm just a kid, remember? That would've been my entire life savings to purchase those tickets XD

They didn't allow photos inside... and I figured they wouldn't anyway, so i didn't even bring my camera.

There was a huuuuge line at the merchandise, and my parents were in a hurry and didn't want to be bothered, so I only caught a glance of some t-shirts. There was a white one with the red 25th anniversary logo.

Hopefully someone who also went and also got to see the merchandise will come here and comment!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom