• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Switch is a Breath of the Wild Sequel with a darker tone. What's your first impressions?

Some observations:

The hand that appears to be binding/sealing "Zombie Ganondorf" is centered over his chest (possibly where he was stabbed by the Master Sword in Twilight Princess?)

After this sealing hand is no longer binding Ganandorf/his Malice, it later gets transplanted or grafted to Link's right arm. Maybe this will give Link his powers this time around, similar to how the Sheikah Slate did in the first game. Or otherwise it might be tied to the game's central gimmick, whatever that might be (sealing Malice?)

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
I'm certainly excited for this. It's always such a shame these worlds get a one and done treatment. Though it will be tricky to make things fresh.

Sheikah_Witch

I just really like botw

A few details from an interview. This game will have DLC and will indeed feature "the same Hyrule but with different gameplay and new ways to explore.". Fujibayashi is back as a director, too.

My 500 hours in BotW Hyrule will come in handy then.

https://kotaku.com/breath-of-the-wild-sequel-producer-wont-say-if-you-can-1835456283

I think it's interesting that Aonuma neither confirmed nor denied Zelda being playable. So the possibility is still alive for the time being.

Still, this is Nintendo we are talking about here. If they continue their usual trope then Link and Zelda are likely to be separated from one another for the duration of the game (possibly when the ground collapses under Zelda in the trailer), and finding/saving her could once again be one of the primary game play motivations. I hope it doesn't turn out this way though...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom