• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Switch hardware gimmicks

Zelda usually always has a hardware gimmick, some entries are little more than sales pitches (Skyward Sword).

Will Zelda Switch use some of the hardware's gimmicks?

Aonuma has said himself that he wants to use the HD rumble in the next game but the Switch has other gimmicks too such as the camera in the joycon.

Do you think Zelda Switch will have invasive use of the Switch's hardware gimmicks?

Quin

Disaster Master
I don't think so, not on this console and especially after a game that was so succesfull and high praised and didnt have any of that too.
They probably force HD rumble as some dumb side thing like they did with Super Mario Oddysey, but I hope not. I wouldnt want to have to turn it on.

Ninja

Well well well
I think the HD Rumble should just about be the only gimmick the next Zelda gets. Skyward Sword was predicated on the Motion Plus tools. Breath of the Wild was wonderful using the motion controls to aim, it shouldn't get any more complex than that.

That being said, this is Nintendo we're talking about, the same company that is giving us interact'able cardboard.

Quin

Disaster Master
Oh, i did forget the BOTW motion control shrines. Those were by far some of the worst ones. please keep that away.

Labo Master Sword, Hylian Shield.

Really though, hoping for nothing invasive or new. If there is, at least make it optional and not force it.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
Yeah, labo will probably make some appearance. Hopefully it won't be bad if it happens, but I'd still prefer not buying cardboard for almost no reason

Zelda usually always has a hardware gimmick, some entries are little more than sales pitches (Skyward Sword).

Will Zelda Switch use some of the hardware's gimmicks?

Aonuma has said himself that he wants to use the HD rumble in the next game but the Switch has other gimmicks too such as the camera in the joycon.

Do you think Zelda Switch will have invasive use of the Switch's hardware gimmicks?
You say gimmicks, we say features.

Also Legend of Zelda: Labo

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom