• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Switch confirmed to be BotW direct sequel; are you happy about that?

Zelda is no stranger to direct sequels, even if they don't release in quick succession (like Wind Waker and Phantom Hourglass) but Like Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask before it, Breath of the Wild is getting a direct sequel as the next 3D Zelda.

Are you happy about having a direct sequel to BotW?

If you didn't like BotW are you disappointed?

Did you want something entirely different?

TheDragonHawk

Casually Homophobic
I am definitely happy about it. I feel like BOTW's ending leaves a whole game open.
Also, I would like the game to be more story-driven, and it looks like that is what we will get, what with the dead corpse looking like Ganondorf.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I didn't like BoTW very much because the main story was crap, with little depth. Same with any of the stories associated with side quests. I didn't enjoy the weapon breaking mechanic either. There was a poor variety of enemies and I didn't like Ganon being a force of nature villain. Those are not compelling and the fact that he sat there waiting for you and could be fought and killed right away diminished any sense of threat.

If they bring back the Dorf in his human form the villain problem would likely be fixed unless they mistreat him. I have enjoyed every appearance of his and he is my favourite video game character so this is a positive point already. Still whether the story and storytelling is actually good this time remains to be seen and being a BoTW sequel or not doesn't make a difference to that. On a positive hopeful note, it does appear to be set in the same Hyrule as before so they are gonna have to change things up to avoid releasing the exact same game so going down a more story focussed route, possibly a darker one (just the vibe I got from the trailer) would differentiate it from its predecessor.

Nope! Not getting excited for this. After What happened with the Breath of the Wild, I am not getting my hopes up, I'm staying very skeptical about this Game........

With that said... i'm willing to give this game a chance.... and from what I've seen it's looks pretty... damn awesome!!

But I'm still not getting hyped up for this, I'm not letting the awsomeness get to me! I am going to avoid it until it actually releases..... maybe see what the gameplay has in store, but that's about it!

I couldn’t be happier. I need it to come soon to be able to play it. Now that they can use assets from previous game, it could be released very soon. Not this year though. They would have said it if it was this year game. Maybe we’ll get it 2020 Q2

LegendOfMeesh

You Are The Light
I’m super excited! This gives me an even stronger want for a Switch. BOTW is one of my top LoZ games, the wonder and excitement that I felt when I first played the game is something I’ll never forget. So I’m looking forward to hopefully having that same feeling! Like others have said, I just hope the world isn’t the EXACT same because some improvements could definitely be made. I like the darker elements that we’re seeing, too.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Great news. Breath of the Wild is the closest the series has come to achieving the ultimate Zelda experience. Wasn’t my favourite game, but came pretty close.

All you have to do is create a more intriguing and gripping story that keeps you engaged throughout. Interesting side quests that invoke emotion like the Witcher 3 achieved. Finally, deliver the dungeons the series is known for, not short snippets.

The jury is still out on whether I like this being a direct sequel or not. My biggest concern is what the overworld is going to be like. If a lot of it takes place above ground in the Hyrule we've already explored, then the events at the beginning of the game better drastically alter it's landscape; otherwise it's just going to be too repetitive.

The other possibility is that the game takes place entirely underground. Or, given that we see Hyrule Castle rise at the end of the trailer, it's also possible that alot of the underground ruins we see also rise to the surface, and this is what alters the overworld as we know it.

No matter how they do it though, they need to make exploring the world feel fresh, otherwise I won't be happy that this is a direct sequel.

Not really disappointed, since I was already expecting this. Still wish we could have gotten something else though.

HeroOfTime

Challenger Approaching!
I honestly don't care that it's a direct sequel. If it has a compelling story, proper dungeons, and quests and NPCs that were designed with more than half a brain cell, I'm fine with it being similar to BotW.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Not happy, no. But also not surprised.

Now that ninty has adopted (late, as usual, long after it's already lost its luster and/or been proven a failure) the modern gaming concept of MOAHR BIGGAAHR!!! that even ignorant corporate AAA juggernauts like EA and Ubisuck finally realized (also too late to save them) was destroying their business sometime last year, we can expect the Big N to fall into the same trap they did by completely failing to learn from other people's mistakes.

There is only one way to go as far as nintendo is concerned now that the Zelda series has fallen into the MOAHHR BIGGAAHR OPIN WHAARLD!!! pitfall. It's gotta be moahr bigger every time until its size is unsustainable. Don't do anything new, just do everything moahr bigger. Same graphics, same gameplay, same bugs and glitches, same basic story, just more More MOAARHR!!

BotW2: Electric Boogaloo will look and play exactly like BotW only bigger and filled with more useless stuff. Instead of 900 koroks, they'll be 1800. In fact, you could be forgiven for making the mistake of thinking that you are playing BotW until you start to realize that everything is bigger and more numerous and pointless than you expected.
-Castle Jun 10, 2018

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom