• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Sports?

Zelda64

The Knight of the Wind
Hey. Zelda64 here. I thought (Sorry I have been somehow annoying just trying to get around) that if Mario gets to go play baseballl, soccer, and other sports, why should'nt Link? Come on, it would be kinda funny if Link and TP Ganondorf played tennis or baseball with their swords. Kinda funny if Link got to drive a kart too. Anyways, tell me what you think.:)

Because Mario is Nintendo's mascot and is used for promotional games like Mario Kart, Tennis, Soccer, etc etc etc.

LozzyKate

Ask Me Why I Love The Photoshops
Because Mario is Nintendo's mascot and is used for promotional games like Mario Kart, Tennis, Soccer, etc etc etc.

I agree with this. Mario has been the mascot for Nintendo for a while, so it's only fair that the mascot gets a spot in sports.

Kungfuyu24

Metanna! Nurunna!
Well, there was an article about all the things Mario can do that Link can't. Mario's character is so flexible that he can do almost anything. Link, however, is tied to action/adventure. Besides Link's Crossbow Training, the most fun he has had was in SSBB's Home Run Contest.

S

Stilt-Man

Not only that, but Mario lacks... well... the depth of Link, so they can stick him in about anything and it makes sense. There was an article posted a week or so ago that discusses this actually.

Zelda64

The Knight of the Wind
But shouldn't Link have a chance? He has been getting populuar, as popluar as Mario even(They are even in most things). Plus Link has been around almost as long as Mario so...if you disagree, just tell me what you think it would be like, just for the fun of it.

Zelda64

The Knight of the Wind
Great point Ember Incubus! But now they need to play with Malon,Zelda, and (if even possible) Jabu-Jabu. I love Jabu-Jabu's eyes and the rest of his(or her?) appearance!

*sigh*

Anyways there have been sports found in the Zelda games themselves (and no, bouncing energy balls back and forth does not count). Fishing for example.

And as for Zelda getting games like Zelda Kart, Zelda Party, etc...I doubt Nintendo would do this, although Zelda Kart sounds fun. Link getting cameos in games such as Soul Calibur 2, SSMB is good enough for me.

Zelda64

The Knight of the Wind
@OniGozu: Yeah but there were kinda boring having nothing to do with the plot. Like I said, even though Nintendo wont do it, just tell me how you think it would be like.

Jetter

Type to myself in silence
It Doesn't work. Mario can do anything he wants. If they made a shooter game of Mario I doubt no one would really care. Link can't do Modern day sports because Zelda is suppost to take place in a middle aged world where you ride horses not cars,where you fight with swords and useful items,not guns. Mario can go to the past and go to the future any time he wants. This works with a lot of frinchises like Metroid or Fire Emblem. These need to stay in there era. Mario is also an Icon of Nintendo. Hope I explained enough.

Majora16

KOOLOO-LIMPAH!
I think it'd be kid of weird, although they did have snowboarding, kayaking, sumo wrestling and fishing in TP. They work as minigames that are of little importance to the story but wouldn't work on their own as a game. Plus, Mario's just more family-friendly and fits all genres. Link just doesn't.

Well it would be a little weird but Link has participated in:
Snowboarding, wrestling, goat wrestling, kayaking, fishing, horse races, swimming, and Scuba Diving :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom