• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Skyward Sword and Ocarina of Time Map Almost Identical! MAYBE SPOILERS??

Hi Zelda fans,
One of my sisters friends who's a Zelda fan (I know its weird to have a massive conversation with my sisters friend but he likes Zelda) was talking to me about his timeline theory about skyward sword coming first than ocarina of time. And he has a very good reason to support this. Its the maps. When you compare them there very alike. The great deku tree-faron woods tree, Death mountain-Eldin volcano and of course lanyaru desert- Gerudo desert. Now the sacred grove and lake floria are there in ocarina of time there just not shown in ocarina of time. And same goes for skyward sword with lake hylia. You just dont see it. But if you really I mean REALLY look hard enough you'll find that there the same size. check it for yourselves. OMG!!!!! Such a good find. :yes:

Skyward-Sword-World-Map.jpg

imgres-14.jpeg

Kazumi

chagy
Well, I'm not a timeline expert, but considering the fact that Skyward Sword was stated by the devs to be the first game in the Zelda series, and then considering the fact that Ocarina of Time was previously the first (debatable) game in the Zelda series, it only makes sense that Skyward Sword would place before Ocarina of Time. I think that it's very likely that Skyward Sword Hyrule, or the "surface" is Ocarina of Time Hyrule before order and all of that jazz was restored to it by the goddesses. I don't believe that there are any real settlements on the "surface" (or Hyrule), but I haven't finished the game yet so I couldn't say for sure.

If you look at all of the maps, for the most part, they all lineup and overlap. From Wind Waker to ALttP to OoT to TP. About the only landmark that ever changed/changes is the location of the forest. The mountain remains in the same location.

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
the way the maps overlap could give us a reason as to why hyrule field is where it is in ocarina of time. Skyloft lines up right on top of it, maybe when skyloft was lifted above the clouds it left a big open field

Pixel

Smallest graphical unit
Since Skyward Sword is treated as a prequel of sorts, by Aonuma, to Ocarina of Time it only makes sense that the maps look a like.
And as said before,it should also sync up with Twilight Princess'
Should I say, that although the maps aren't exactly alike (SS/OoT/TP), the land can change during time in real life,why can't it on Zelda? (To those that believe I just said a bunch of gibberish)

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
All maps are similar in order to keep the same general geography. But the landscape itself is never the same, so geography never matters in a timeline theory.

Anyway, tell your sister that it's already confirmed that Skyward Sword takes place before Ocarina of Time. We've known this since E3 2010.

But the Locations in Skyward sword are the same names as the ones in twilight princess. not Ocarina of time.

BakerGuy

Wielder of TheBakerSword
Since Skyward Sword is treated as a prequel of sorts, by Aonuma, to Ocarina of Time it only makes sense that the maps look a like.
And as said before,it should also sync up with Twilight Princess'
Should I say, that although the maps aren't exactly alike (SS/OoT/TP), the land can change during time in real life,why can't it on Zelda? (To those that believe I just said a bunch of gibberish)

Lol, a Hyrule Continental Drift. It would make sense though, because the series takes place over hundreds of years.

they are the same and btw skyloft lowers into the sealed grounds creating the foundation of castle town as it is beside the "new" ToT. also Goddess hylia kinda makes it obv

sorry if you didnt believe the spoiler tags

The general location of major landmarks is, for the most part, the same. For instance, the location of the volcanoe over all the maps is the same as well as Lake Hylia and, with the exception of ALttP, the foest, and the desert. The deserts to the west, forest to the southeast, Lake Hylia to the southwest, Death Mountain to the northeast, and various other locations will be roundabout the map.

All maps, Oot, ALttP(for the most part), TP, SS, and even WW have really similar maps.

Im sorry but i dont believe that ocarina of time come's next after skyward sword. I think twilight princess dose. Yeah I know about the bridge but maybe it could of been destroyed ya know. Anyway I think this because of the ending of skyward sword. I mean it look just like where the master sword is in Twilight princess and the fact that there around the same location make's it more believable. Thats what I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom