• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Shirt and Animated Series Giveaway - The Hardest Zelda Level or Dungeon

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have to agree with the Great Palace from Zelda II: The Adventure of Link the fact that if you got a game over you would have to start over your grueling treck made it soooooo erritating i wanted to kill my self when i tried almost 30 times with no luck, this temple made me rage more than i ever have before :P

E

elf129

I'd have to go with City in the Sky from TP because it is the most annoying thing imaginable. I'd also second the Cave of Ordeals, assuming it counts, and also both versions, though particularly the second, of the Sacred Grove, I always get lost!

G

gimnastic

I don't want to seem topic, but my most challenging dungeon in zelda was The Great Palace in TAOL. Sincerelly, I wasn't able to reach that palace and after a lot of tryings I had to left the game. Perhaps a year later I tried again to reach it and after some time I did it. Later on, I kept my GBA (yes, I was playing the NES series version) charging for almost a week before I could finish that game. It was really frustating. Other dungeons that made me stop playing were Ganon's Tower in ALLTP (I couldn't make my way in the invisible path, now finished) and Levels 6and8 from The Original (I'm now retrying the game). Other challenging dungeons were Eagle's Tower in LA and Lakebed Temple in TP, but not as difficult as the others mentioned.

Z

zeldafanforlife

In my opinion, as many others may say, the Water Temple from Ocarina Of Time is the most difficult dungeon I've ever played in all the Zelda games I have played, it took me days to get past this dungeon. In my opinion, this water dungeon below Lake Hylia is perplexing, tricky, and an all-around difficult place to navigate through. :)

Part of the challenge of this temple is being able to raise and lower the water level effectively.. That part was one of the hardest and confusing. For me it was difficult for these reasons: It requires the constant need of having to switch the Iron Boots in the equipment subscreen, raising and lowering the water level of the dungeon, an apparently haphazard placement of puzzles and rooms, and only being able to use the Hookshot and the Longshot while underwater.... When I was a smaller, imagine me trying to figure this all out! :O

Not even my parents knew what to do! I hope I win, since I've always wanted a Link Plush Doll and especially that Zelda Shirt...

ThankYou! :lol:

~zeldafanforlife

shaymin1

Derp.
Here is my entry for the contest:

Although this may not be what most of you voted, I had a lot of trouble with the Stone Tower Temple in The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask. It had many hard puzzles and the Stray Fairies where not as easy to get in my opinion. Later in the dungeon when you had to flip the temple upside down if you had messed up and flipped the dungeon when you did not have to, you would have to go outside of the dungeon, flip it again and then proceed. In every other Zelda game I could take as long as I wanted to inspect every puzzle but this was not the case in Majora's Mask. The time limit made me have to pause the game numerous times to think about the puzzle. If I wasted any time I might have had to restart the dungeon from the very beginning. Those are some of the reasons why I think the Stone Tower Temple was the most difficult dungeon.

Impa

Sheikahchu
The hardest level or dungeon. That's a tough one. Honestly, I'm going to go with the Ice Cavern from Ocarina of Time. The Freezards were a pain. I'd wait for his ice breath to stop. But once it did, an Ice Keese would come and freeze me, taking a heart with it. Thinking I had enough time, I'd continue running to the Freezard once I thawed out. His breath would freeze me, and then an Ice Keese would hit. This happened over and over, and I hated it. Also, in my first playthrough, I had only one bottle at the time. This meant I'd constantly have to go back for blue fire. It was infuriating to go through this mini-dungeon; I consider it the hardest because it really is in the right(or in this case, wrong) circumstances.

The Water Temple from the Master Quest in OOT 3D. All I can say is that I wouldn't finish that Temple without a guide in hand. I found the normal Water Temple pretty easy to finish, but this one was really hard to beat.

i know it has been said over and over but my most difficult dungeon would have to be the water temple in Oot. this is because the first couple of times i played it i didn't have the zoras tunic which made it even harder and i found it quite confusing and frustrating at certain times.

I feel so "mainstream" (hipster on the loose!) saying this, but sadly, Lakebed temple would be my moms difficult dungeon to beat in the LoZ series. On my first playthrough, I gave up. It took me a year to beat! I was surprized that many years later on my second playthrough (first was when I was about 9) I beat it in record time. I still think it is extremely difficult, and the fact I didn't get stuck of have complete difficulty was truely luck of going in a correct order, but also not freaking out. Still, having the luck on the second playthrough, it is easily the most difficult of the LoZ dungeons (That I can remember)

To be honest the hardest dungeon I've gone through was the Great Deku Tree in OoT (but only the first time i played), this is because it was the first Zelda game that i had enough understanding off to get the the first dungeon, and still at that point i didn't understand the majority of the puzzles.

Ahhh, the memories. :P

For me, it would have to be the Eagles Tower from Links Awakening. It was just so irking bringing that giant black ball everywhere with me just to knock down the foundation pillars, putting it down and fighting enemies when necessary. Also, the boss just pissed me off so badly. Every time I got knocked off the tower by that bird, after missing it with my clawshot, I almost smashed my gameboy.

For me it was the Fire Sanctuary I hated those mogma mits puzzles to death and I just never want to see those puzzles return in another Zelda game (I had to use your walkthrough for help even though I swore to do it blind)

Last edited:
D

darksoulrosario

the water dungeon in OoT. I always seem to wander around forever because I'm missing a key or because I got lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom