• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Shirt and Animated Series Giveaway - The Hardest Zelda Level or Dungeon

Status
Not open for further replies.

TF/HH

TwilightFlame/HylianHero
I think that the Water Temple from Ocarina of Time is the hardest dungeon because you can go pretty much anywhere right from the start, so it is extremely difficult to figure out where you're supposed to go. It is very frustrating.

F

Furious rainbow

the hardesr dungeon for me was explorer's crypt from oracle of seasons,the main reason for this were the mini-bosses and the main boss. the mini-bosses had 4 torches in the room which they tried to blow out and when they were all out you would get back to the beginning of the dungeon. and the main boss had 2 stages what I really didn't expect so I was killed in an instance. :P

L

LinkTheBuffalo

The hardest temple is definitely The Water Temple from Ocarina Of Time , i actually found the Water Temple from Twilight Princess less difficult , but in ocarina of time , it was way too hard . It took me about 10 - 15 hours to pass it , because i didn't know which keys to use in what door . So i had to restart the whole game 2 times because i screwed up everything. So yeah , i still have Water Temple nightmares. =D

X

Xypher

The hardest dungeon for me has been, and still is the fire temple from OoT. I'm not entirely sure why, but no matter how well I think I know the layout of the dungeon, I always seem to get turned around and confused beyond belief, then once I figure it out, I normally end up dying a good 10 - 15 times :P Still by far my favorite dungeon <3

The hardest temple for me was the Water Temple from Ocarina of Time. I would get lost multiple times and find myself back tracking on several different occasions. Raising the water levels was a bit of a hassle and I had trouble getting to where some of them were, I guess if I had the scarecrows song it would have been a little bit easier since I'm pretty sure there was a place where you could summon him. All in all though, it wasn't a bad temple, just the most difficult for me.

The ship dungeon in skyward sword. Only becuase it look me forever to figure out the last room where I had to shoot the arrow through the grates on the ceiling. ugh. Also its my birthday on Sunday. This would be an awesome present.

Fiery Klongo

I Am Mardric
For me it was the Water Temple from Ocarina of Time lol. It had puzzles that spanned from the top to the bottom of the temple, not mentioning the enemies you had to face to get those objectives completed. I figured out most of the secrets of the middle pillar by the time I got to the untouchable heart piece. No matter how hard I tried It would never come within my reach. Making the water level rise was no easy task when you had to combine the right water risers to complete your task. I would play for one when I Really needed to play for the next. I had a hard time when it came to fight Dark Link. I tried to beat him with the Zelda Dungeon guide, but my Dark Link must have been specially programed because it would block every sword thrust and backflip when I used the hammer. I finally beat it when I used the hookshot, which is pretty ironic considering it was guarding the longshot.

I originally thought it would be easier with the longshot, but I was wrong. It only got more complexing puzzles to defeat. I thought that going up to morpha's lair would easy knowing how to avoid the spike traps, you can guess what I'm gonna say now. I lost half my hearts getting up when I discovered that I did not have the boss key. The vortex maze was hazardous and deadly especially when tektites are trying to knock you in. I was confused when I got to the end of the terrible river, there was nothing left but a door that would only lead me to go in circles until i noticed the hole in the ground that the boulders would not sink into. When at last I got to Morpha I had to try three times to kill it. Morpha is a fairly easy boss, The reason for my three failures is the way in which I tried to kill Morpha.

When I had finished the water temple I was free to continue to the Shadow temple and my favorite temple. Hope that this was Enough to satisfy the judge, and may the best zelda lover win!

S

skullkid875

The hardest dungeon for me is the 4th one on zelda II. It's hard to get to in the first place without getting hurt, and then the depleted health makes it hard to get through the dungeon.

Z

zeldapro37

the hardest dungeon for me, i know everyone is good at it except me, but the water temple in ocarina of time because there is too many pathways and switches and keys, i can never get past that dungeon

dazzsheil

All Hail Shadow
I Personally disliked Level 9(Death Mountain) from The Legend of Zelda on the NES.It was difficult as it was quite large and the enemys were a pain.Over half of the dungeon was unnessecary and pointless.The Patra's were a pain and Ganon had Little to no strategy.It was quite difficult as he was invisible most of the time and would just appear at random.I Was stuck on this Level for over a year before I decided to tackle it.It also does not help if you did not find the Magical Key from one of the past dungeons.Do you know how long it took me to find all those keys?A Long time,thats for sure....

Did you know that level 9 is HALF THE SIZE OF THE OVERWORLD?That is insane and I think besides Stone Tower and the Great palace,makes it the largest dungeon in the series.Don't get me started on the 2nd Quest.Whilst the size is the same,the difficulty is rammed up to another level of impossible.Level 9 is,as the ZD Walkthrough states,the entrance to Death.My death count going into Death Mountain was 21.....before I Tackled it without dying it was raised to 67.THAT Is why Death Mountain is impossible.

Last edited:
The hardest dungeon for me would have to be Great Bay Temple from Majora's Mask. Reason being, it usually takes me about an hour or two to get through a temple for the first time, but this temple it took me days. DAYS!! Changing the direction the water is going is a huge pain. The boss didn't help either. I got extremely frustrated to the point i didnt play for almost a week. It's still harder for me, i doubt it will ever be easier no matter how many times i play the game.

I found the Great Palace in Zelda II to be the most difficult dungeon. To be honest, I never really found the Water Temple in OoT too hard. The Great Palace was near impossible, and if it weren't for there being a checkpoint at the beginning of the dungeon, I probably would not have beaten the game.

Y

yggdrasil89

Im going to have to say that the hardest dungeon for me was the Catfish Maw dungeon in Links Awakening. monsters weren't especially difficult but the mini-boss had to be battled a total of three times and each time it was in a different room. they all had to be in a specific order too. and the first battle room you enter isnt the first time you battle him. and it just got me all confused. i wondered around that dungeon for what seemed like ages looking for the correct room to battle him the third time. before i realized i was backtracking way too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom