• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda RPG.

I was looking in a Nitendo Power issue and some guy sent a letter saying something about Link,A Kokri,goron and zora team up.
But i have a idea for four swords rpg.It could work like mario and lugi rpg series.

Great idea. But I don't think it should work like the Mario & Luigi series because that series incorporates vore and now inflation. I think vore in Zelda would be okay if it didn't get too gross or if it didn't become a major part of the series but inflation in Zelda? I don't think either of the Toon Link sagas (Or as a matter of fact ANY Zelda series) is fit for inflation.

But I digress. I think the best Idea would be that all Link pulls out the Four Sword and Vaati (if it takes place before FSA)/Gannon (after FSA) separates the four Links and they have to find each other. They eventually do and head for Spectacle Rock to defeat Gannon / the sky to defeat Vaati. But that's just my view on it.

x-Link-x

c o u r a g e ;
A Zelda RPG?
That doesn't sound all that bad but it would be a little....'away' from the series, it would be a big change and has a big chance of failing. The thing that would be odd about it would be the character to use in the party, unless Link uses the FourSword again they'd have to come up with new fighting characters.

In the Zelda series the only characters that I have seen that fight are Link and some other minor characters, unless they take those minor characters and make them into somehting big, it doesn't seem like it would be fun to make an RPG with just Link alone, turn based fighting anyways. Malon doesn't fight and making her fight would be weird, Cremia kinda fights with her bow, but unless they fast forward time when she's a little bit more grown it would be plain out weird and out of place.

The same thing would go for so many of the Zelda characters. There is always the possibility that they can make some of the previous evil characters side by Link (seeing as how there are many of the evil characters that actually do fight, ya know the Gerudo...) which in case would need some story building.

Great idea. But I don't think it should work like the Mario & Luigi series because that series incorporates vore and now inflation. I think vore in Zelda would be okay if it didn't get too gross or if it didn't become a major part of the series but inflation in Zelda? I don't think either of the Toon Link sagas (Or as a matter of fact ANY Zelda series) is fit for inflation.

But I digress. I think the best Idea would be that all Link pulls out the Four Sword and Vaati (if it takes place before FSA)/Gannon (after FSA) separates the four Links and they have to find each other. They eventually do and head for Spectacle Rock to defeat Gannon / the sky to defeat Vaati. But that's just my view on it.
just the m and l parts are the teamwork battle moves.

startimer

Resident Cartographer
Idk, I thought up an rpg idea where your party was the oracles from OoX/tMC, but four Links would work, too. Though they'd probably need to differ the four links stats a little. i.e. Blue link +def, Red link +off. just a thought.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Hmmm a Zelda turnbased rpg? Well I think it would be very cool. Maybe it could be like this: Link pulls out the foursword and splits into four different Links like usual. These Links would be simultaniously controlled like in the M&Ls each of these links had an action (one has sword one has bow/arrow one has hammer ect ect) and of course it would incorperate the whole first strike thing of PM and M&L where if you strike an enemy with a weapon/attack you instantly deal damage. In battle it would go like this: speed determines the order you attack and how many times you attack, Hp of course is health, Power is power, and so on and so forth. But they would have special group points (GP) which they use to do very powerful group attacks (such as purple says the enemy works for KFC to his pet cucco and it attacks the enemy). There would be action commands in which you press a button with timing to do more damage. There would be sword defense in which you slash the sword horizontally to drive away enemy's physical attacks and boomerang defense to drive away aerial attacks. In the field the one in the back would always be able to stay from the group to do things only one can do and they could meet back up one by one to reform the group one by one. What do you think?

NoRush

Soldier, Royal Family
A Zelda RPG?
That doesn't sound all that bad but it would be a little....'away' from the series, it would be a big change and has a big chance of failing.

Kinda like a 1st person POV Zelda game (I started a thread on that.)

C

Cobalt

I don't think a Legend of Zelda RPG would be a good idea. Zelda is not a platform that you can just DO stuff with. It has a very precise formula that has always worked, despite our minor complaints against it. It's okay to treat Mario and company is such a fashion, because for some reason, most of the time that works. It wouldn't here. A Zelda RPG would be a major flop, first because of fan hatred before it even comes out, and then low sales when it comes out because nobody will really care. That's my prediction. And I'll say, yes, I would check it out eventually, but not when it immediately comes out.

I don't see it happening, and even if it does, I doubt it works. Unless they can pull some Mario RPG magic for it and make it the best game to date. Unlikely.

It would not have to be a turned based RPG like FF to be a RPG. The Legend of Zelda series is actually considered an action/adventure/RPG game. It runs off an action based formula.

S

Seanileus

Make Majora's Wrath the hardest boss, and be able to summon the Moon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom