• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda RPG?

PokaLink

Pokalink the avaricious
With all this talk of More decisions, and choices to Customize Link i thought i would bring this up, what would you think of a Zelda RPG, lets say Nintendo let Bethseda have a spin on it and made it into a full on RPG? I know this is utterly impossible, but think about it, the whole purpose of the series was for link to serve as a LINK to the player, with an RPG game you would be totally imersed in Hyrule and the Fate of the Lands, wich would give people choices they had been hoping for since the beggining of the series (Like murdering irratating charecters), honestly i woudnt want to see Nintendo put there time into it but if a diffrent company built it on the sides to be released later, would you buy it??

Right now i think if Zelda did anything at all different I'd buy it because im so jaded with the series at the moment that any change is good change to me. I'd like to customise Link and make him a surrogate for ME and not the majority, a link should be something you attach yourself with and really i've never been able to link myself to Link in any game thus far.

Depends what kind of RPG you mean but customising Link with stats and levels at this point in Zelda would probably be a boon, especially if you had managed to link with him because then its like personal development. Battles in RPGs are much more than turned based now too if you take games like Xenoblade Chronicles and again something like that where you get to learn and experiment with different moves already brings a lot more strategy to combat than SS did with its 'revolutionary controls' that were seemingly built for a supposed element of strategy.

So yeah, I'd buy a Zelda RPG, it'd at least be something interesting regardless if it were any good.

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
NOOOOO!

Zelda is not an RPG. It couldn't survive a total redesign. It would degrade everything we love about Zelda. Link would look stupid in a turn-based world.
What would be awesome is an all-nintendo RPG Mario, Link, Samus, and others batlling across each other's realms. They would each have their own weapons and abilities for the most part. They could engage in super-awesome battles and engage in a massive war with their respective villains. It would be totally awesome. Any thoughts?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I'm totally down for a Zelda RPG. If one pays attention to the course of things, they'd notice (eventually) that the Zelda games haven't deviated so much from each other as the fans like to exaggerate. I mean, the setting has changed as well as the number of dimensions, but the same fundamental gameplay (minus AoL) has infected the series for 25 years and counting.

It's high time for the gameplay aspect of Zelda to see a reboot, and Action Role Playing style (think Star Ocean, Kingdom Hearts, or Tales) is the way to do it in my book. Stat boosts have been seen int he series, but I'd love to see some hard, visible numbers. Loads of percentages, battle styles and adaptability from Link's side but most importantly from the enemies. Oh, and an HP counter using numbers would be glorious in my opinion.

The actual game length could use a hefty 100+ hours as well, in my opinion. Zelda games used to be able to prey on consumers due to being so replayable, but replayability has died off in recent titles so why not give us tons of post game content and a huge overworld to compensate?

Zelda RPG is a go for me.

Mors

~Death~
I love RPGs above all other video games, so I'd would play it, though I really don't see something like that in the future of Zelda, even though I'd play it to death.

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
What would be awesome is an all-nintendo RPG Mario, Link, Samus, and others batlling across each other's realms. They would each have their own weapons and abilities for the most part. They could engage in super-awesome battles and engage in a massive war with their respective villains. It would be totally awesome.
This would be cool as a Mario RPG reboot. not so much a Zelda tribute, but this would be cool cuz Super Mario RPG was awesome. i dont know about a name for it other than Nintendo Worriers or Nintendo RPG LOL i dont know!

But as far as an actual Zelda RPG, im thinking not so much traditional battle system style RPG, like star ocean and others. I think it would work best in the Zelda sense if they did it as an Action RPG like Darksiders. I say with the gameplay, overworld, and dungeon set up like Darksiders 1 cuz that was really just like traditional LoZ as far as getting gadgets to defeat the bosses and to reach new areas in the world. But add in a loot system like Darksiders 2. it would be nice to have more weapons in LoZ and more enemy types with different weaknesses to certain buffs/elements, without deviating from the Zelda style, like adding blood and dark stuff like that.

im all about a darker tone Zelda like TP just not down with making it gory, cuz thats not what Zelda is about. but i would love them to do another dark toned game like TP and i think Dark Link would be the best main villain for a game of that tone. im also about gannon sticking around cuz hes the best antagonist ever, so maybe make out Dark Link to be the main antagonist but in the end find out it that gannon was behind it all and Dark Link was his tool in the vein of Ghirahim.

Im rambleing now but thats what i think a Zelda RPG should be like. cuz Darksiders had the Zelda style combat system, so the RPG elements would just be a nice upgrade to the original Zelda formula!

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
For sure not turned based, that would be a completely different game. so Action RPG is the way to go, the tend to be pretty good nowa days!

Link-of-Lylat

It's me!
If they did an RPG, I would most want a Paper Mario-like game, almost exactly like Thousand-Year Door, but made for the zelda universe, like changing the partners, badges, story, levels, but keep the same engine. Something the last two didn't. (At least Super was epic)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom