• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Rock

Retsdob

Retsdob
I have recently stumbled apon a music genre known as wrock. Wizard Rock. This is a fan-based (horrible)genre of music based on Harry Potter. This got me thinking...Why not Zelda Rock? Zelda has always been known for its music and I'm sure the bands would be more tasteful then Wrock. Another thing that inspired me to do this is an old ZD post of a metal version of The "Song of Storms." The only overused word I can think of that could describe it was "epic." Zelda has always had a classical style of music and if we could build on this we could generate something great. I feel classical music and rock go hand and hand. (A fifth of Beathoven). Tell me your thoughts. Do you think this is a good idea? Or a way for Zelda lovers to get sued by nintendo?

Possible band names for Zelda rock: Octorock! Ganon and the Dorfs, Chain(because of all the Links), and The Four Swords. This is to be humorous, but I do not approve of using abreviations such as "lol".

Actually, if you look up: System of a Down Zelda opening theme, you already get a opening theme for the game.

Anyway's, I don't think it will be that great of an idea. Not every little game or whatever need's a band you know...

Actually, if you look up: System of a Down Zelda opening theme, you already get a opening theme for the game.

Anyway's, I don't think it will be that great of an idea. Not every little game or whatever need's a band you know...

its commonly mistaken for system of a down but its by the rabbit joint

Djinn

and Tonic
I actualy have heard a few Zelda songs redone. Some of it was very good, however I do not have any artist names. A few I heard were live, and at very tiny venues. Give me a day or two and I will look some things up. There has to be something out there. The original Mega Man series has spawned so many different bands and DJs that replay and remix the songs the Zelda series cannot be too far behind.

And the Zelda song by Rabbit Joint is great. I remember hearing it years ago. Had it ever since.

As far as Nintendo is concerned, as long as no one is selling albums with obvious rips with Nintendo properties listed and named, then they would not notice much less care. Songs played at small venues or online nobody really has much of a problem with.

And names, how about Hyruleans, GanonBand, Cult of the Triforce, Postal Poe, Mean Meaty Moblin, Dead Poe Sisters, Re-Dead, House of Skulltula,..
I could keep going

Well this has sort of been done by some fans, The Power Glove has done zelda... although they are metal not rock... But I don't know if rock would work for zelda.. I'd have to see it done first to fully decide but rock just doesn't seem too zelda to me... Great topic though :D

SavageWizzrobe

Eating Link since 1987
I love the idea of Zelda rock remixes. It seems like a good genre of music to play Zelda themes in.

I listened to a metal remix of the Song of Storms and was speechless because of its awesomeness.

M

MountainTroll

there is a lot of zelda/nintendo metal out there. csguitar89, and familyxjulesx7, and also power glove make some great zelda metal... but there isn't much zelda rock. my band once covered lost woods live, with a ska/rock/punk style, and i thought it sounded awesome. i have been considering forming a zelda rock band for a while now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom