• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Modern Zelda Reimagined

XskywardX

Shadow Instruments
I've been thinking a lot lately of better ideas for Zelda games; and when I say "ideas," I don't mean story and plot, I mean general gameplay. So, here goes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1: Mini dungeons (with keys like normal dungeons) with a mini boss fight at the end to get the less important items in the game and possibly even a few that you get a heart piece; or even two.

2: Dungeons have designated keys for that specific dungeon. I know you can't use keys from one dungeon to use in another; but I mean like have them graphically different, same as the big keys and the locks on doors.

3: Enemies look different depending on where you are. Like, say you're in a forest area; maybe the bokoblins here will have a green tint and a "foresty" design on their clothing or skin. Whereas the bokoblins in a fiery area will have a red tint and a "fiery" design on their clothing or skin. But this would not affect their strength or their behavior.

4: Expand to a land beyond Hyrule. (I know a lot of you may not agree with this, and you might even cite me on my post about Aonuma running out of ideas. But that was mainly the unoriginality of the name "Lorule" in ALBW.) What I mean by this is that maybe there is another country near Hyrule. Perhaps you have to use a warp song to get there, or maybe someone would have to bring you there via horse and buggy. Or, they could even allow the player to just get there himself by walking or riding Epona.

5: More NPCs. I know there are plenty, but you would think that there would be a lot more in a place like Hyrule. I noticed that in Twilight Princess they did really up there game in Castle Town though haha.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I had a few more, but I can't think of all of them at this moment. Tell me your thoughts, and tell me some of your ideas :)

Thanks,
XsX

Last edited:

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I like some of your ideas.

1. Having a bunch of optional mini dungeons would be neat. It'd mean more stuff to do, and it could even involve the use of more sidequests throughout the game. It could increase replay value too, and maybe even post-game value if some mini dungeons are only available after you beat the game.

2. While that sounds neat, I don't really see it serving too much of a purpose. Unless you mean like a specific small key goes to a specific door, requiring you to search the dungeon to find a match for the key in order for you to progress.

3. Having region-specific enemies would be kinda cool, but I don't think there'd be much point to it other than appearances. Though I guess it could help flesh out the world, like, different areas have their own customs and clothing.

4. I would love to see Link exploring more than just Hyrule. It would mean a bigger game, and I like that. Link could travel to different countries in order to get things he needs for his quest that can't be obtained in Hyrule. There could even be dungeons in different countries. It'd also make the world seem more fleshed out; it'd show that there's more than just Hyrule out there. I want to see more world-building of that kind.

5. More NPCs could mean more sidequests, and that'd be good. This sort of goes along with what I've said in other threads, like the "Should Castle Town Be Made More of a Focal Point?" thread. Bigger towns means more people to interact with. If we could go to different countries, that would mean even more people and sidequests. There would be lots and lots of content, giving the player a lot of options for what he or she wants to do. I'd love to see that.

1.More mini-dungeons-I wouldn't mind that
2. Graphically different? Like that annoying SS puzzle key crap? No thanks.
3. But don't they do that already?
4. I would love that, frankly, I've had more fun outside of Hyrule then I do in Hyrule these days
5. Sounds good to me.

XskywardX

Shadow Instruments
2. While that sounds neat, I don't really see it serving too much of a purpose. Unless you mean like a specific small key goes to a specific door, requiring you to search the dungeon to find a match for the key in order for you to progress.

Maybe. But what I meant in the post is just for aesthetics, to make the game seem more diverse and "alive"

3. Having region-specific enemies would be kinda cool, but I don't think there'd be much point to it other than appearances. Though I guess it could help flesh out the world, like, different areas have their own customs and clothing.

Again, aesthetics, diversity, and liveliness.

4. I would love to see Link exploring more than just Hyrule. It would mean a bigger game, and I like that. Link could travel to different countries in order to get things he needs for his quest that can't be obtained in Hyrule. There could even be dungeons in different countries. It'd also make the world seem more fleshed out; it'd show that there's more than just Hyrule out there. I want to see more world-building of that kind.

That's exactly what I meant. Maybe some other country bordering Hyrule that Link could visit to get better items. This land would be similar to Hyrule, but yet there would also be some key differences. I'll work out the details later, I'm sorta tired at the time of writing this :P

5. More NPCs could mean more sidequests, and that'd be good. This sort of goes along with what I've said in other threads, like the "Should Castle Town Be Made More of a Focal Point?" thread. Bigger towns means more people to interact with. If we could go to different countries, that would mean even more people and sidequests. There would be lots and lots of content, giving the player a lot of options for what he or she wants to do. I'd love to see that.

I would love sidequests; which is why I suggested this. Maybe a new system that could be implemented would be trading; and I mean a lot more diverse in in depth than the trading in OoT, MM, and WW. Don't get me wrong, I loved those, but I would love to see a more diverse trading system in future Zelda games. Again, too tired to work out the details; I'll post more on this as I come up with it :P

XskywardX

Shadow Instruments
Good ideas. I do think Hyrule is the name of the whole world instead of just a country in most games, but they could divide it up into countries. The zoras can have their own country and etc, instead of just a small area.

Hyrule would be a pretty tiny planet, y'know. Hyrule is the name of the country :P

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
Hyrule would be a pretty tiny planet, y'know. Hyrule is the name of the country :P
True. But it is medieval, back then people tended to think the world was smaller than we know it to be today. If it wasn't within a reasonable distance from them, they didn't know it existed. Plus it's a video game and game developers don't code an entire planet if the story takes place on one continent. A lot of media does that actually. Nobody wants to read a book that goes on and on about places that aren't part of the story/the characters don't know about.

I actually divided up Hyrule for a Deviant art RP group that never took off...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom