• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Refrences

There are many references in video games like in Fable 3, I personally remember playing a game called wolfenstien on PS3 and seeing a triforce on one of the planes in the hanger. Have you spotted any Zelda references in any other video games ?

i always felt that the entire game of Sonic and the Black Knight was a Zelda reference, i know it was supposed to be a reference to King Arthur but from what i saw it there's just tons of things, most notibly the villagers who constantly want you to solve their problems

Unlucky Monkey

The Great King of Apes
There is a Tombstone in Final Fantasy I (always thought it was Dragon Quest). Press A in front of this Tombstone and it says: "Here lies Link".

3343full.jpg

There's a character named Linken in World of Warcraft, that looks like a gnome version of Link:

Linken.jpg

He gives you a quest that starts an entire line of quests dedicated to him, where he has lost his memory and asks you to help him.

Some of the quest titles are Zelda references, like "It's a Secret to Everybody" and "It's Dangerous to Go Alone".

And as a reward for completing the questline, you get "Linken's Sword of Mastery" and "Linken's Boomerang" lol.

There's a ton of Zelda references surrounding this quest, it's just a love letter to Zelda fans.

ironknuckle1

Archer Extraordinaire
heres an old wiki I played around with:
http://toc.wikia.com/wiki/Link#Cameos
On the page I have as a link their is a cameo section in which shows many different references to the Legend of Zelda series.

Such as:
In donkey kong country 2 and 3 Link is shown as the highest scorer in a mini game.
When Kirby gets the sword ability he gets link's green hat.
In animal Crossing: City Folk you can buy the Hero's cap and clothes which are Link's clothes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom