• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Reference in Wordgirl Children's PBS Show

Zeldawolfsheik

Chief of Shiekah Tribe
Hello i have not been active for a while but while my brother was watching PBS i noticed the strangest thing! Chuck (the man with a sandwich head) was mentioning how his brother organized his video games, i noticed a gold cartridge in between all the black, a closer look at the televison proved that there was a TRIFORCE symbol on it!! i was so excited sadly, i could not find the video online but the title is Word Girl Chuck With a Sidekick of Brent/Yarn-4-Gold I wonder how a Zelda reference wound up in here and will look for more!

Zeldawolfsheik

Chief of Shiekah Tribe
I actually found out that by going to your local pbs station online you can check upcoming episodes.
Yes, it is just that good a series and popular. I wonder how each smosh one gets its own article? this one is just as good.

Entertainment allusions to the franchise serve to prove its popularity among mainstream culture. There are numerous references to Zelda in the Scott Pilgrim movies for example. In Scott Pilgrim Gets It Together, Scott has a dream which takes inspiration from Zelda, the elf mirroring Navi and a code similar to that required to start the Second Quest being mentioned. Nintendo transformed many peopel into gamers when they were younger and these fans wish to express their gratitude years later.

Zeldawolfsheik... long time no see. Anyways, nice find. I like it when there are little references like that. My favorite Zelda reference has to be this...
[video=youtube_share;ywqlYujA0zQ]http://youtu.be/ywqlYujA0zQ[/video]

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom