• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Recipes: Try Them in Real Life

Sarianae

Infinite Dreamer
A while back, ZU posted about two interesting recipes by The Geeky Chef originating from the Legend of Zelda Universe:

1.) Yeto’s Superb Pumpkin and Goat Cheese Soup (TP)
2.) Château Romani (MM)

I personally think that these recipes are worth trying, and would like to share them with all of you.
Thus, I am posting up both of these recipes here so that you can all see.

Yeto’s Superb Pumpkin and Goat Cheese Soup
---
(Original Appearance: Twilight Princess, Snowpeak Ruins)

The Geeky Chef said:
So I think I've done some of the more well-known fantasy foods, all of which have been sweet, so now it's time to change it up a bit and do a more obscure and savory dish. This one appeared in the newest Zelda game, Twilight Princess, in the Snowpeak temple as a soup that Yeto makes for his sick wife, Yeta. The soup, thanks to it's reekfish base, has healing properties that increase as Link finds more ingredients to add throughout the temple, namely a pumpkin and goat cheese from Link's hometown, Ordon. I took a basic pumpkin soup and made some modifications. I decided to make the fish stock and the filet optional because while I think pumpkin and goat cheese are a match made in heaven (or Hyrule), fish and pumpkin and goat cheese might seem like a strange mix for some. Fish or no fish, this soup makes for a perfect winter dinner!

2 pounds seeded and peeled pie pumpkin, diced

¾ c. white onion, chopped

4 cloves garlic, cloves cut into quarters

4 ½ c. fish stock (alternative: chicken or vegetable stock)

½ c. Goat Cheese or as desired

1 ¼ c. cream (optional)

Fresh basil

¼ c. olive oil

Salt to taste

Pepper to taste

1 halibut filet or any white fish (optional)

"Roast pumpkin, onions, and garlic in a roasting pan with a bit of olive oil. In a soup pot, put the roasted items and turn to medium heat. Add 3/4 of the stock and simmer for up to 45 minutes, or until fully cooked. Put in a food processor and blend until smooth. Blend in small amounts of the goat cheese along with the cream if desired. Adjust thickness with the leftover stock. Add more cream if desired and finish seasoning with herbs, salt, and pepper. If you add a filet of your chosen fish, pan-fry it first with oil, salt and pepper, then add it to the soup."
________________________________________________________________________________________

Original Link: The Geeky Chef

<3<3<3

180pxcrestofhyrulebev.png

Château Romani
---
(Original Appearance: Majora's Mask, The Milk Bar)
*NOTE: THIS BEVERAGE CONTAINS ALCOHOL (You may choose to leave it out)

The Geeky Chef said:
Zelda is my all time favorite video game series so I'm pretty excited to be posting another Zelda recipe. My Zelda love extends pretty far. Let's just say I did something permanent to my left shoulder in the shape of the Triforce. Personally, I think Majoras Mask is the most underrated Zelda game. Sure, it's a little weird (even for Zelda) and there's only four temples, but the level of interaction with the townspeople is massive. When I played it for the first time of many I spent hours just following people around and learning their routine and their stories, I didn't actually even try to complete the main questline for months. This particular recipe, voted for by you guys, is for a type of milk that only appears in this particular Zelda game. It's difficult to obtain in the game, both ways being pretty time intensive, but the result is definitely worth it as it's even better than Lon Lon milk. It comes from Romani Ranch, which is owned by two cute redhead sisters, Cremia and Romani (who both look suspiciously like Malon from Ocarina of Time), with some very special cows. It delivers exclusively to the Latte Milk Bar in East Clocktown, for only the most wealthy of people. The stuff sells for 200 rupees so you need to upgrade your wallet to even think about purchasing it, and that's only if you manage to save the cows from alien abduction. Chateau Romani will fully replenish your heart bar as well as give you unlimited magic, although it might make you a wee bit tipsy... making it absolutely perfect for boss fights! Keeping all of this in mind, the recipe I've come up with is for a super creamy delicious and decadent milk drink that infuses regular milk, french vanilla ice cream (has to be French, I mean it's called "Chateau" Romani) and Baileys Irish Cream, as well as a little carbonation to give you that energy boost. The result looks just like it and is pretty darn tasty if not a little fattening. But, remember what Cremia said, this drink is not for children. Or you can just take out the Baileys, then it totally is.

1 or 2 smallish scoops french vanilla ice cream

1 c. milk

1/4 c. soda water

2 shots of Baileys Irish Cream
*ALCOHOLIC - You may choose to leave it out

cinnamon (optional)

nutmeg (optional)

"Make sure all your liquid ingredients are properly chilled before making. Partially melt the ice cream in a microwave safe container. Keep in mind you don't want the ice cream to be completely liquid otherwise it's probably too warm, so make sure there's still some frozen lumps. Take your partially melted ice cream out. If you are going to add cinnamon or nutmeg, now is the time (you want to mix it in the ice cream itself because the fat from the cream will prevent the spices from clumping).Once that's done, stir the ice cream so it's smooth and lump-free and all the spices thoroughly mixed in and as unnoticeable as possible. Add the ice cream to your serving cup or drinking cup. Add in your Baileys, then your milk, then your soda water. Stir. Enjoy! I'd serve it in a bottle, too, just for aesthetics. Remember also that this drink is not a precise science, levels of each ingredient can be adjusted to fit your individual tastes. So if you wanna add a little more Baileys in that sucker..."
________________________________________________________________________________________

Original Link: The Geeky Chef

<3<3<3

I have not attempted them myself yet, but I plan to do so soon.
If anyone else tries them, be sure to come back here and share your thoughts! :)

Last edited:

blackenedktulu

Fierce Deity
Amazing! I'll be having the Chateau Romani for my 21st, methinks. (The 28th)... I'll report back then.
The soup... not so much, haha. They're all such strong flavours, and I like none of them that much....

It gets me thinking... what other Zelda-themed dishes would be possible? I can't think of any off the top of my head, but it's food for thought. (One of my better puns, no doubt.)

O

OcarinaMaiden

Of course I want to try the Chateau Romani, but supurb soup looks pretty good too! I mean, it healed a yeti- that's pretty powerful

Bleh! At the Chateau Romani; not my cup of tea (or alcohol :p). I'm partial to the soup, though. Sounds like it would be delicious (minus the pumpkin?).

Hero_in_Green

Hero of Time
I'd actually be down to try both of these LOL but im pretty sure you'd need a more fishy fish for the pumpkin soup....after all Yeto DID add Reekfish to the soup LOL but for taste reasons I guess a white fish and a fish broth would be okay too....sounds delicious

L

LoZrocks

I'll try the Chateau Romani without alcohol cuz I'm almost 11 and I think you should try and figure out a recipe for the Punmkin Soup from Skyward Sword!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom