• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Ranking System

U

UberPyro64

Hello Everybody!
Today we are going to make a Ranking System For Zelda games.
Mine will be a ranking System based on a five star scale.
It should be noted that I believe that every Zelda title with the exception of the CDI Zelda's deserves in terms of a game rating
scale an 8 out of 10 or higher.

So basically even if a game gets a 2 out of 5 on the rating scale it at least deserves a 8 out 10 on the game rating scale.

Well at least that's how I'm doing it. You can do it any way you want. It can be complicated, or simple and standard or creative. It's up to you!

Anyway here is mine!

1 Star:
CDI: The Wand of
Gamelon
CDI: The Faces of Evil
CDI: Zelda's Adventure

All those
titles above are terrible and are not canon but I put them there anyway for the sake of having something on the 1 star.

2 Star:
Zelda: II The Adventure of Link
Four Swords
Four Swords Adventures

Those titles are good solid 8 out of 10 games but no where near the best.
Zelda II is good but has things I don't care for such as the life meter and the 3 lives start again thing.

Four Swords is here because I have only played it twice with my friends and now I'm in College I don't have anyone to play with.
sad.gif

And finally Four Swords Adventures. It's probably the best of the two star games but I dislike the level system and would like some more exploration. Though I do like the challenge.

3 Star:
Oracle of Ages
Oracle of Seasons
Phantom Hourglass
Spirit Tracks

The Oracles games were very good but the bosses and dungeons were not very memorable IMO. Though I do like the Time Traveling in ages and the Season traveling in Seasons.

Phantom Hourglass like the oracle games the Dungeons and bosses were not very memorable for the most part. and although I love the sailing and exploration in Wind Waker, here it was boring.

Spirit Tracks was a good improvement over Phantom Hourglass and had better and more memorable dungeons and bosses
(especially bosses). While the train was better then the steam boat, I would have liked to be able to explore Hyrule instead of just going on a train skipping what could have been great Exploration.

4 Star:
The Legend of Zelda
Link's Awakening
The Minish Cap
Twilight Princess

It should be noted that when the Original came out that it was a five star game for the series. But as the series got better it was lessened down to a four star because of great quality the series has had.

Link's Awakening is in my opinion the pinnacle of the portable Zelda. It has a great cast, has the right amount of challenge, decent dungeons and bosses and can be quite funny at times.

The Minish Cap is my next favorite portable Zelda. It has the best Dungeons and music of any portable Zelda but the reason I like Link's Awakening better is because of every thing else.

Twilight Princess has Great Dungeons, Bosses and music, along with some good characters, though I didn't care for the wolf gameplay (which I feel Okami did a much better job in and it came out earlier too) but the story was decent even with them bringing Ganon out of now where.

Now Here is the five stars! I feel these are the best of the best. Nothing has ever beaten these titles (IMO of Course) in terms of
Quality, Story, Soundtrack, Overworld and Dungeons. (Twilight Princess beat them in terms of bosses) And without further delay HERE THEY ARE!!!!

5 Stars:
A Link to the Past
Ocarina of Time
Majora's Mask
The Wind Waker

A Link to the Past is the Pinnacle of 2D Zelda's. It's gameplay is flawless, and challenging. It's story was original of the time and had some of the best music in the series.

Ocarina of Time is a game helped all other 3D adventure games since, it practically invented the lock on target system for
Action/Adventure games, had a great soundtrack and best dungeon design in the entire series.

Majora's Mask is the darkest and oddest Zelda. It's story is the most unique for Zelda, It's soundtrack was the best in the series and it had the best town in the series Clocktown as well as the most memorable cast in the series. Simply an amazing game.

Wind Waker has another good Zelda story and the second most memorable cast. It had the best Overworld and a good
set of dungeons along with the most exploration of any Zelda. And I personally love the sailing.

So their you have it! My Zelda ranking system!

Now lets see yours!

For those who are wondering here is the Order (not including CDI):

15: Four Swords
14. The Adventure of Link
13. Four Swords Adventures
12. Oracle of Ages
11. Oracle of Seasons
10. Phantom Hourglass
9. Spirit Tracks
8. The Minish Cap
7. The Legend of Zelda
6. Twilight Princess
5. Link's Awakening
4-1 A Link to the Past, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, The Wind Waker.

It's too hard for me to choose between the four of them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom