• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Racing

Definitely not. That's just a little ridiculous. Now if they were to incorporate Zelda characters into a Mario Kart style, Nintendo wide game (like Super Smash Brothers, but Mario Kart racing) then that would be okay. But a LoZ only racing game would just be ridiculous. I definitely wouldn't play...

I honestly do not think that this idea would work. I am not entirely against Zelda spinoff games, I just don't think that a racing game is the right kind.

Mrflamexd3

Wind Waker!
Of course I would play that, it's Zelda! Seems like a cool idea, better then just Mario Kart..well in a Kart, at least this has a bunch of different things to do.

TheRationalDove

Red Hair Wonder
Um, I think how you presented it, the idea could work, but I don't really see it being a necessity, especially since there are racing mini games in the Zelda series already. (Goron Races in MM, Racing with Epona in OoT, Sledding against the Yetis is TP)

Just checked back on this topic, some mixed opinions and interesting thoughts.

I agree that the idea is a little 'out there', but just thought I'd suggest it anyway :p

BTW, I've noticed a lot of comments about karts... I never mentioned karts. That definitely would not work, I agree. What I mentioned was horses, boats, deku leafs, trains, and loftwings.... karts would just be silly and wouldn't fit.

A nintendo kart idea would be cool though yes.

Personally I just prefer to race Zelda games as they are against others. A lot of people do it at speedrunslive.com . A fun category done is bingo for oot or mm which is where everyone uses the same randomly generated card with different goals to do which sometimes are glitches such as having black gauntlets via rba.

As for the topic of this, I wouldn't mind a Zelda kart but I feel it's quality would be less and maybe even a bit gimmicky. I love Mario kart but I don't want the physics of it related to a Zelda game. Zelda has always been a bit more realistic to me and I don't see running into a banana fitting very well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom