• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda : Prophet of Light

L

LiveActionLink

last time I checked people were allowed to have their own opinions, just becuse you think they are dumb doesn't mean I'm wrong but that also doesn't mean I'm right either, LiveActionLink need to understand this. People say a lot of things on these forums, so don't get all worked up just cause other people have different opinions. Mine is that Prophet of Light will never happen, and I stand by that opinion. It sound soo... religious.

*cough* Triforce of the Gods *cough*

And opinion is different from fact. Fact is, Nintendo always creates new elements in Zelda. Just because we have yet to see a prophet in a Zelda game does not mean it can't happen.

Raven: There are words called fresh, New, Different, and Changes you know? Prophet of Light does sound real to me through ZI is a website I doubtfully trust but I believe the name. Through they can go for a religious themed its more better then a train themed don't you think.

Last edited:
I wouldn't really pay much mind to this. I know we're really close to E3, but if Nintendo hasn't let the title leak up until this point, they aren't going to let it leak now. This is nothing more than a rumor.

I will give it one thing, though, it sounds better than basically every other title rumor I've heard. At that, I'll acknowledge it as possible. And I think the title sounds fine for a Zelda game personally, although I can understand any disapproval. Anyway, basically: I'll believe it when I see it; right now it's just a rumor. :sweat:

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
I think, nay, know that this is just a rumor. Nintendo hasn't let the title leak for years, and I highly doubt that they'll let it leak now.

And just for the record, we've already seen prophets in Zelda games. Remember the Oracle games? Din and Nayru, being human incarnations of the Goddesses of Power and Wisdom respectively? Those two are prophets, and they even have Farore hanging out inside the Maku Tree in both games, who is also a prophet.

Personally, I like the name and I think it's cool but I highly doubt that it's going to be the name. I'm pretty sure that they might use it in Japan if anywhere, but definately not here in America or in Europe. Remember our beloved A Link to the Past? In Japan it's called Triforce of the Gods and Nintendo knew just from looking at the title that it'd be far too religious for other regions and there'd be a lot of ticked off religious people refusing to buy it just because of the name. This, I believe, is the same case with Prophet of Light; too religious for places like Europe and America, but not for Japan.

Ok guys,
My thoughts on the names of zelda titles.
Adventure of Link? Lame name.
A Link to the pAST? LAME
Ocarina of Time? Ok, but not incredible.
Majora's Mask? K, thats a pretty sweet name.
Oracle of Seasons and Ages? Not bad
Wind Waker? Lame
Twilight Princess? Common.... terrible name.
Minish Cap? Kinda weird.
Link's Awakening? I just don't like titles with the word Link in it.
Four Swords? Lame.
Phantom Hourglass? Thats a pretty sick name.
Spirit Tracks? Thats a sweet name too!
Prophet of Light? A LOT better than most of the titles.
Agree?
Legit? Eh, doubtful. But we'll see.

Zora Link

I hate being nice. D:
You judge zelda games by their names? Lolwut.

Wait, having the word Prophet in the title automatically makes it offensive to religious people? In that case, Wind Waker is offensive to insomniacs because it has the word waker in it, and Majora's Mask is offensive to people who wear masks.

Remember the Oracle games? Din and Nayru, being human incarnations of the Goddesses of Power and Wisdom respectively?
There's nothing that proves the Oracles have any relation to the Goddesses. One could come to that conclusion because of the name, but they're treated as very human characters so I definitely think it's impossible they're the Goddesses themselves in any way. There was a line on the OoS manga "O Goddess" referring to Din, but the manga doesn't mean a thing. It seems to me that they just used the name for kicks; there probably isn't any significant relation.

Personally, I like the name and I think it's cool but I highly doubt that it's going to be the name. I'm pretty sure that they might use it in Japan if anywhere, but definately not here in America or in Europe. Remember our beloved A Link to the Past? In Japan it's called Triforce of the Gods and Nintendo knew just from looking at the title that it'd be far too religious for other regions and there'd be a lot of ticked off religious people refusing to buy it just because of the name. This, I believe, is the same case with Prophet of Light; too religious for places like Europe and America, but not for Japan.
I can't really agree with you there. "Prophet" while originating under religious context, is no longer only a religious word. It applies to people able to see the future in general, and has a definition literally identical to "Oracle". If Oracle appeared in the title of Zelda game, Prophet should be fine. Prophets, Oracles, etc., they're are very common terms in modern fantasy these days. Triforce of the Gods was a title that was changed because it was very heavily religious as well as referencing a fictional religion. THAT could be found offensive here, and the change makes sense in that case.

I do still agree with you though that the title is just a rumor and probably not true. ;)

S

ScottyMcGee

When looking at rumored titles, there's always a certain rule I follow.

Prophet of Light sounds more legit than "Fall of Hyrule." Think about it. Why put "Fall of Hyrule"? That's basically stating what happens in the game. All of the past Zelda titles have been titled by a specific person or object in the game. The only few not titled that way instead reference the quest itself or something that happens in the quest. (A Link to the Past - play on the word Link, and also you warp through two worlds in the game, Link's Awakening - Link wakes up in the end, thus the title openly hints that the entire quest was a dream sequence, and Adventure of Link was just a cheap late-80's title.)

But the way I see it, 97% of the time, the Zelda title is going to reference a person or thing.

Therefore I believe Prophet of Light could be legit, and would not be surprised if it ends up that way. This MAY have to do with the Hero of Time Link and thus reference Rauru or something like that. I dunno.

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
@Lengendary, yeah your right Zelda does change and try to use fresh ideas like new titles for example, however I don't consider Prophet of Light to be a fresh title and I think it would be a bad change for the Zelda series if it was based around a prophet, it's just my opinion and I'm sticking by it. It's just that one word really, that I'm doubtful of, I'm not entirely sure why but I feel like the name can't do justice to the concept art. This game looks like it's going to revolve around some more mature themes than what this rumor titles seems to imply the game is about. A light being who is a prophet? Well it isen't impossible that the girl is wiser than she looks, and she seems to have a bit of an aura I just don't think they got the title right. Maybe the idea of the game is just that, The girl is a light being,but there is no way anyone know the title yet. when's the last time Nintendo let a Zelda title slip? I don't think that happened... just wait and see everyone. Hey if I'm wrong I'm wrong. It's not that big of a deal.

I'm just trying to justify my stance on the matter... so I'll leave it at that. no more posts here for me until after I know the real name of the game.

Sorry, TLA. Your attempt at being funny will not cause chaos.

Nice try.

As for the name, it sounds plausible. I mean, think about it:

It sounds like it would work and light has been a common thing in the series (Temple of Light ring a bell?).

And above all, Nintendo just confirmed it!

Just kidding!
Lol I actually believed you for a sec when you said that lol

I don't judge zelda by their titles, I was just saying how stupid some of the titles were and now this new title sounds better than half the names. But I think The Wind Waker is a lame name, kinda reminds me of a fart, but its pretty much my favorite zelda game!
That was my point

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom