• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda on PC?

AnimeHat

Humming Swordsman
Out of all the different systems the Zelda series has appeared on, not once has it been given a PC spotlight. Would you want to see Zelda as a PC game? If so, how do you imagine it?

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
Not especially. Largely because my computer sucks and would not be able to handle the awesomeness. And Zelda is a Nintendo title, and would not let another company run their games. CD-i, anyone?

As great as a PC Zelda would be, given the average gaming PC's superiority over modern consoles and far superior storage space, allowing for larger worlds, longer stories, and overall more content. I do not think it is something that we will ever see happen. Sure Zelda games have appeared on a variety of systems. But all of those systems have been those created by Nintendo. The only way I see a PC Zelda game happening would be if Nintendo were to go the way of Sega and stop producing hardware and focus solely on software.

Lord Death

Bichon Frise
Naww, my computer sucks. :xd: It's an interesting idea, but if Nintendo expands the Zelda series past their own consoles, they will lose sales on the platform that it would have been on. Plus, does Nintendo even know how to design a PC game? :lol:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I woudl hate to have Zelda on PC. A gaming computer costs a lot. Sure, the people that have the gaming computers might think it to be very little, but as someone who is both poor and doesn't care to do a lot of searching for spare parts/ordering online, a gaming computer will cost forever of my money. Which doesn't even make sense >_>

Factor that in, because I'm sure the game would have "Low, Normal, High, Ultra" settings for graphics and would require only the most advanced computers.

Keep Zelda on Nintendo consoles. If Nintendo consoles die, go to Sony. If Sony consoles die, let LoZ die with them.

No, positively not. A zelda game that uses the arrow keys or the WASD keys for controls would stink. And if it uses the mouse for controls think how hard it is for people who use ports of PH and ST to use their mouse to control Link, looking at how fast your mouse moves imagine how many times your mouse would fly off the screen in a dangerous situation. If Nintendo wants online play they will probably make another Four Swords sequel.

I don't want Zelda games on PC, despite what my previous post may imply. I do however, want to point out that their are a plethora of game controllers available for the PC. Also, the price of gaming PC's is very often exaggerated, I want to know what kind of money people think is being dropped into gaming PC's, mine cost between 300 and 400 dollars, and is quite a bit more powerful than today's consoles. Many on this site probably own both a computer and one of this generations HD consoles, the combined price of a computer and a console is probably well above the price of a gaming PC, which also out-power modern consoles by a relatively wide margin (not that they need to, as most games can be run on lower graphical settings, allowing them to be played by even the most affordable of gaming PCs).

onidarklink2

An Hero of our Time
I agree that canon Zelda titles should, and inevitably will, stay on Nintendo consoles. Designing a game for the PC would be completely alien for Nintendo to do and it would probably hurt them more than it would help them and like many of you have said, gaming PCs are much too expensive. I think an independent, non-canon Zelda title, probably an MMO of some sorts, might work though. It's something I've wanted to see for a while, anyway.

TheMasterSword

The Blade of Evil's Bane
It would be an interesting new way to play, but seeing that Nintendo would lose a major game being solely on their console, they would lost console sales for hardcore Zelda gamers.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I generally hate playing on the PC, so no, I don't want to see a PC Zelda. I tried playing Fable on my computer, hated the gameplay forcing me to use a mouse to play (and Fable is my favorite non-Zelda game). I wouldn't want to see that happen with Zelda.

No because Nintendo has no idea how to deven design a PC game. I see a bunch of Japanease people screaming, raging, and ripping their hair out when I picture Nintendo trying to design a game for the PC. It's like jelly and fish. They don't mix; they never will.

Not to mention it would be a poor business move for Nintendo. Yea, it's a bad idea lol.

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
Again, no. it wouldn't work for several reasons.

No because Nintendo has no idea how to deven design a PC game. I see a bunch of Japanease people screaming, raging, and ripping their hair out when I picture Nintendo trying to design a game for the PC. It's like jelly and fish. They don't mix; they never will.

Not to mention it would be a poor business move for Nintendo. Yea, it's a bad idea lol.

What about those stinging things?

TF/HH

TwilightFlame/HylianHero
No. And Zelda's never been on Xbox or PS3 before either. That's because it's only on Nintendo systems. It will never be on PC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom