• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D Easter Eggs

Mases has said that there are loads of easter eggs in OoT 3D so how about we try to gather them all into one place?

The ones I've found so far are:

The various Skyward Sword Posters
A newspaper in the top floor of the house in Lon Lon Ranch has a picture of a tower with a sphere with a long nose and eyes heading towards it. MM?
The photo of Ganondorf in the top floor of the house in Lon Lon Ranch.

Post if you find anymore.

Mases

Lord of the Flies
Administrator
Site Staff
There is a green book sitting on the table in Impa's house within Kakariko Village. I think it is the Book of Mudora from A Link to the Past. There are tons of little things in the house as well. I posted a video of it at the site and you can see gameplay video after the 9:00 mark.

http://youtu.be/GtHRohndvEQ

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
There is a green book sitting on the table in Impa's house within Kakariko Village. I think it is the Book of Mudora from A Link to the Past. There are tons of little things in the house as well. I posted a video of it at the site and you can see gameplay video after the 9:00 mark.

That was a very interesting find. I remember watching that earlier.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
here's another small Lon Lon Ranch one: Malon drew a picture of her and talon right on the wall behind some pots! I also noticed a picture of her with the Triforce above her bed. Why would she be interested in the Triforce?

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
here's another small Lon Lon Ranch one: Malon drew a picture of her and talon right on the wall behind some pots! I also noticed a picture of her with the Triforce above her bed. Why would she be interested in the Triforce?
i think maybe it's not her, but Zelda. i haven't seen the Easter egg though, could you possibly post a pic?

And, off topic, but i made a group for OoT 3D Easter Eggs, so if you guys want to post your findings there, the link is here.

butterbiscuit

- Do Not Eat -
I found one that I haven't heard anyone else mention yet; (I think...) in Malon's room on Lon Lon Ranch,look in the area above her bed- there are several pictures, and one of them just so happens to be a framed picture of Wind Waker's Windfall Island windmill!

(Looks like it was taken with a Deluxe Pictobox...)

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
Link also twirls his sword like he does in Twilight Princess. :) If I remember correctly, the developers let TP Link open the heavy doors himself and made him twirl his sword in battle to show off his personality, which was apparently more robust than any other Link.

Scrub

Scrubbiest of scrubs

There is the exact same book in Dampe's hut! It has the eye with the tear, right?

i can' say i found any but i'm hoping that if Nintendo makes another version of this game that they make the Inevitable easter egg of giving Talon a red cap with an M on it despite his name starting with a T

Since the resolution of the textures is much higher on the n64, you can actually read the letters on all the posters, signs, walls, rocks, etc. BUT they are not the letters of the hylian alphabet that google gives me. They resemble japanese kana a lot, but are mirrored. I'm wondering if they are in any way decodable, or just random stuff made up to fill the space.

Also posting this here since I can't find a glitch thread, if I missed it please point it out to me, will edit it out then:
While I was going through the bean beds as adult link, I jumped from the bridge in gerudo valley to the platform with the bean bed. Link did the animation he does when jumping into water from a great height, which resulted into him smashing face first into solid stone ground. Must have hurt.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
Since the resolution of the textures is much higher on the n64, you can actually read the letters on all the posters, signs, walls, rocks, etc. BUT they are not the letters of the hylian alphabet that google gives me. They resemble japanese kana a lot, but are mirrored. I'm wondering if they are in any way decodable, or just random stuff made up to fill the space.
They're the same as the old Ocarina of Time script. You can still read things like "ron ron miruku" (Lon Lon Milk) at Lon Lon Ranch, and "Kakariko Village" on the big sign at Kakariko's entrance. But I've had a lot of translating the rest, since I don't know Japanese.

Also posting this here since I can't find a glitch thread, if I missed it please point it out to me, will edit it out then:
While I was going through the bean beds as adult link, I jumped from the bridge in gerudo valley to the platform with the bean bed. Link did the animation he does when jumping into water from a great height, which resulted into him smashing face first into solid stone ground. Must have hurt.
I believe he did that in the original game too. Either it starts the animation while you're over the water, or it assumes that if you're jumping from that high you're not going to try to kill yourself, but land in the water.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom