• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda: New Horizons

We almost always get Zelda games set in a time of conflict in Hyrule's history, but what about a game set in a time of peace?

Animal Crossing New Horizons is selling like hot cakes for Nintendo and is really popular the world over...

The laid back and leisure based nature of AC got me thinking about Zelda and how similar Link's attitude is to the characters in AC.

I think a skin swapped AC Zelda game would work quite well.

We can go fishing, cook food, craft items... And if Zelda: New Horizons is set in BotW's Hyrule, we could finally rebuild Hyrule the way we want.

Would you like to see a Zelda game modelled on Animal Crossing?

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
Yes, it would be great.
It's like Mine Craft right?
I think it would be about the period before Skyward Sword and before the demons broke out from surface. But there would be no master Sword back then. There would be a bazaar and loft wings to train. Lanayru province would be fit for settlements back then.

Sheikah_Witch

I just really like botw
Outset island: the game <3

I love peaceful moments in Zelda and absolutely think this is a please-read-this-forum-Nintendo idea. Especially since a lot of these mechanics are in BotW already.

Maybe we'd have to do with a crossover event as usual :P

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I would absolutely love to have this as a spin-off entry. Especially if it models after New Horizons. I would buy that in a heartbeat. I think setting it in the 10,000 years of peace prior to BotW's story would be ideal. I can imagine lots of Zelda universe bugs and fish for a museum, plenty of Goron, Zora, Rito, and Gerudo villagers, the cooking and crafting, building up your own little community in Hyrule... the idea is lovely.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
We can go fishing, cook food, craft items... And if Zelda: New Horizons is set in BotW's Hyrule, we could finally rebuild Hyrule the way we want.
I don't know why, but this made me think of how mario maker 2 has you playing through custom levels to rebuild peach's castle....let's do the same for hyrule castle

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
How about a better idea: Zelda crossing, but instead of being in a time of piece ganon is constantly being reborn like every month, and you peacefully keep repairing the damages and building dungeons and stuff. It sounds intense until you realize that everything’s happening really subtlety, and there’s constantly the same relaxing music playing while you find neat stuff from the dead corpses of Stalfos and Wizzrobes to fill your house with.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
A spin-off for Zelda would be amazing. Even if it's just like a reskinned Animal Crossing game, I wouldn't mind that. New Horizons is so cute and I can see myself getting hyped up getting Zelda villagers and building up Hyrule Castle and a village.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom