• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Movie

Kaleb Dampf

YouTube- www.youtube.com/user/F3artheReaper
Gng to watch the movie now. Wish me luck. Ill update you all every 30 minutes....

Actually. Ill post my opinion when the movie is over. C u in 2 hrs!

Kaleb Dampf

Well, it was ok. The guys who wrote the story obviously never really played OoT. There was soooooooo. Much wrong with the story. Such as 5 years and 5 mages. ( it was actually 7 years and 7 mages)And where was Ganon's beast form?!?! Note to fellow dungeoneers DON'T WATCH THIS FAN FILM. YOU WILL BE DISAPPOINTED.

Y

Yamarath

Well, it was ok. The guys who wrote the story obviously never really played OoT. There was soooooooo. Much wrong with the story. Such as 5 years and 5 mages. ( it was actually 7 years and 7 mages)And where was Ganon's beast form?!?! Note to fellow dungeoneers DON'T WATCH THIS FAN FILM. YOU WILL BE DISAPPOINTED.

The people who made the movie are fans of Zelda. It's a fan film, after all. They wanted to make this movie because they like Zelda. They changed it so it's not exactly like the game. It doesn't have to be exactly like the game to be good. If you want a movie to be exactly like the game, then just go play the game.

Kaleb Dampf

Yes. This I know. I'm just saying, have you ever seen a fanfilm that was like the original? No. And if you do you're what? Disappointed. That's what made me slightly mad. Ive been following films based off of games for years, and there are even fan films for SEGA that were better than that particular one. OK, done ranting now. But all points aside, it still was disappointing.

Draymorath

Destroyer of Destruction
Good things come from low budget films. Check out the assassins creed film to see what I mean

Wait...there's an Assassin's Creed film? :?

Haven't watched it yet, but maybe the reason for the fewer number of mages (sages?) is because they didn't have enough time for 7...Not sure, haven't watched it.

Last edited:
Nintendo told them that they couldn't show the movie anymore, even though they weren't making any money off of it. The tickets at the theater were just used to pay for them renting the theater. My dad said that it's not right for them to put so much work into it and then have it locked away. Nintendo even removed the trailer, but since then other people have posted the trailer and the full movie. I guess Nintendo doesn't know, or they don't care anymore. It's kind of like Nintendo going on DeviantArt and telling the admins to remove all fanart of Nintendo characters. This movie is just fanart, except it's a movie instead of a still picture.
They made the movie fully aware of the fact that they were using Nintendo's franchise and copyrights, and fanart or no, Nintendo were well within their rights both legally and morally to have it stopped. They let it run for a bit, which was awesome and respectful of them, but I can understand them not wanting a movie running around that they didn't endorse and that was not made with their permission. This wasn't a **** move on Nintendo's part, and to be honest I sorta doubt the creators are upset are surprised. If they are, then they shouldn't be and should have known it would happen.

Ah but think of Resident evil, silent hill and prince of persia. Good movie adaptions.
Resident Evil isn't exactly a good example... totally unfaithful to the games and not really even a horror movie. Kinda fun on its own, but hard to take seriously as an adaptation of the games. Additionally, the fourth movie in particular was pretty much all-around terrible, even as a stand-alone film. Regardless, I see and agree with your point:

Stop whining about all the failed attempts. Producing an unfaithful, bad movie, will not hurt the franchise. Did the Mario movie hurt Mario? Of course it didn't. It never could. And telling them to avoid it because of past failed attempts would be a policy that would literally halt most of what we know in the modern world, and that probably includes video games and movies as a whole. Saying a bad example means you should damn the whole concept is completely foolish.

An anime would be fine, but only if it was made by Studio Ghibli. I used to like older anime, but most of the more recent stuff is garbage. However, I have never seen anything awful from Studio Ghibli.
There's plenty of quality modern anime, and Studio Ghibli is not the only decent film studio out there. Not to mention their most recent movie, Tales From Earthsea, done by Hayao Miyazaki's son, was probably the worst movie they've ever made. I agree that Studio Ghibli would be able to handle Zelda well, but they're by no means the only ones.

There were only six sages in Ocarina (Light, Spirit, Shadow, Fire, Water, and Forest).
Not true:
Zelda was the seventh sage and leader of the sages. Ocarina of Time establishes this, not to mention the fact that the two other games to mention the Sages (A Link to the Past's "wise men", which were later changed to Sages in the GBA re-release, and the Sages in Twilight Princess) also have seven. It's seven sages.

Anyway, overall, I'm pretty much indifferent to the production of either a Zelda movie or anime. I don't think it would really make any difference and would be just some cool extended entertainment, kind of like the manga. I'd like to see them and would enjoy them if they made them, but have no real need or desire for them.

Not true:
Zelda was the seventh sage and leader of the sages. Ocarina of Time establishes this, not to mention the fact that the two other games to mention the Sages (A Link to the Past's "wise men", which were later changed to Sages in the GBA re-release, and the Sages in Twilight Princess) also have seven. It's seven sages.

Ah, my mistake. I suppose it was foolish of me to post misinformation (although I was quite sure I was right, I have now looked it up and am thoroughly embarrassed). I had no idea this was the case, as I have never actually read the dialogue in Ocarina of Time or Twilight Princess and never made the connection between the sages and wise men.

I think it would be really really really hard to make a good legit zelda movie. It would have to be produced by like George Lucas or Steven Spielberg or someone like that.

Last edited:
In the interest of being on topic: I would never want to see a live-acrion Zelda movie. I would, however, see a well-made (meaning high budget, high profile cast and production staff, etc.) animated Zelda movie. I would really like to see a movie done in a similar art style to that which was used in the manual for the first Zelda game. In regards to this particular low-budget film, I actually couldn't make it past the opening because of the narrator's voice. I tried a couple times, but I couldn't do it.

sailorgirl221

What a fearsome beast!!
As much as I love love love love love zelda I just couldn't see it as a movie because I'm just to picky with it comes to the story line and the characters and the dungeons and every little detail.. Like I wouldn't be able to see it if the link didn't look just Perfect.. Though like i sad.. i'm just to picky.

Y

Yamarath

There's plenty of quality modern anime, and Studio Ghibli is not the only decent film studio out there. Not to mention their most recent movie, Tales From Earthsea, done by Hayao Miyazaki's son, was probably the worst movie they've ever made. I agree that Studio Ghibli would be able to handle Zelda well, but they're by no means the only ones.

I have yet to see any quality new anime. The most recent one I saw that wasn't terrible was Peacemaker. Tales from Earthsea may have been bad, but it's better than most other recent anime.

Zelda may be an amazing game, but it isn't meant to be a movie. Just like the way Avatar the Last Air Bender, and Dragonball Evolution turned out to be awful (in my opinion), bringing a bad name to the anime series. Though for being low budget and fan made, they did do a pretty good job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom