• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Movie Poll

Which Zelda game would make the best movie?

• The Legend of Zelda

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zelda II

• A Link to the Past

• Links Awakening

• Ocarina of Time

• Majora's Mask

• Oracle of Seasons

• Oracle of Ages

• The Wind Waker

• Minish Cap

• Twilight Princess

• Phantom Hourglass

• Spirit Tracks

• Skyward Sword

• An all new story/ A mix of multiple games

• Total voters

Fig

The Altruist
Skyward Sword/Ocarina of Time would make the best Zelda movie as both games are already cinematic in the game. I do wish Nintendo can actually pull it off to make one of the two into an epic movie! :love:

It was a toss up between Majora's Mask and Twilight Princess, but I feel as if Majora's Mask would be the better of the two. MM has great characters and I think that it's premise of continually going back in time would be an excellent idea for a film.

I slightly agree, but there's already a movie like that: Groundhog Day.

I think based on how Peter Jackson did an EPIC job on Lord of the Rings i think that he should do OOT and make it a 3 part movie 1 OOT child saga 2 OOT adult saga 3 OOT Sages saga or something like that

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
Oh man! This is a super hard one! XD Hmm, I want to say make several movies, do 'em all! What's wrong with making 14 movies right? I just can't decide... But I suppose that the best story wise, is Twilight Princess. I liked the Twili, and the Midna thing, it would be a cool movie.

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
Personally, I don't want to see a Zelda movie. Many great stories I read were butchered in their movie form (with a few exceptions being Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, etc.). I simply don't trust Hollywood to do a decent job. However, if a Zelda movie did come out, I think Ocarina of Time would make the best storyline.

ShadowDiety

Nanomachines, son.
I'd say a completely new story for one reason, if it turns out being a horrible movie I wouldn't want it to ruin my perspective on any of the games.

christewks

King of the Zoras
I think it would be best if they came up with a movie that's more plot oriented and not based off of a specific game. I think that if it fell in between two of the games plots then they could still add familiar characters and ideas from both games.

Mangachick14

Nerdy and Proud
I would say a whole new story would be best. I feel the reason why so many video-game based movies flop is because the creators try and make it just like the game. But there lies the problem: video games aren't done in a three-act structure like a movie. When you try to emulate an experience from a game and put it straight to film without tinkering with the plot, of course it'll turn out crappy. Why I think a Zelda movie could actually work is because the series has a unique advantage. Every game has a different plot with only a few things in common with it's predecessors (Link, Zelda, the triforce, the master sword etc.) so it would be very doable for the filmmakers to actually write their own story with it's own circumstances, it's own characters (aside from the three main characters, of course) and the triforce and all that as the background, just as it is in the games. The only problem is that would take effort, which is something few filmmakers who made video game based movies want to do.

Oh yeah, and absolutely, positively, POSITUTLY don't make it live-action. I said this a million times and I'll say it again: Zelda would fare far better as a light-hearted pixar-esque animated film. Why do I think this? Well, there's just something about the clothes from Zelda that just looks like a costume on real people. Make a live-action Zelda movie and I bet all the actors will look like a bunch of cos-players got a video camera.

General Skel

Stalfos!!!
For me, it would be a tie between Ocarina Of Time, Majora's Mask, or Twilight Princess. The games are pretty big. There's also room for characters to join Link in the dungeons. For exampl: Ruto could join Link in the Water Temple, a Darunia can join Link in Dodongo's Cavern, and a monkey can go with Link into Woodfall Temple.

But also a fresh storyline would only be good it if was canon to the series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom