• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Movie Poll

Which Zelda game would make the best movie?

• The Legend of Zelda

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zelda II

• A Link to the Past

• Links Awakening

• Ocarina of Time

• Majora's Mask

• Oracle of Seasons

• Oracle of Ages

• The Wind Waker

• Minish Cap

• Twilight Princess

• Phantom Hourglass

• Spirit Tracks

• Skyward Sword

• An all new story/ A mix of multiple games

• Total voters
We've all thought about it over and over again, a Legend of Zelda movie. I know everyone has a different opinion on who should direct it and who should be cast, but what I want to know is which game, if any, would make the best movie. Not which game is your favorite or which one you want to see the most, but which game would make the BEST movie story-wise.

Awesome

The Creepy Uncle
It was a toss up between Majora's Mask and Twilight Princess, but I feel as if Majora's Mask would be the better of the two. MM has great characters and I think that it's premise of continually going back in time would be an excellent idea for a film.

Z

Zant29763

I think that either Phantom Hourglass or a combination of the games would be best to make a movie from. But with a combination of games we would be seeing a new storyline so that would probably be best.

MikauIncarnate

Hero of the Zora
I think Wind Waker would probably be the best of the existing games. I didn't put "a new mix" because, while I think that would be good, I feel I'd rather see a game I already know and love that if they tried to make a new one. Just wouldn't connect with the characters as much, you know? Anyway, I think WW would be best because its got a relatively short story (compared to some of the other games and excluding the Triforce hunt) yet it has tons of character development. Basically the only issue is converting cel-shading to live action, unless of course they went with an animated movie, which I think could still be good, as long as it was well-done.

SNOlink

I'm baack. Who missed me?
Personally, I'd think that, if they did make a movie, I would want it to not be based off of a Zelda game but a different story entirely. If they did base it off of a game, though, I would say Ocarina of Time.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Twilight Princess. The game already has a cinematic feel to it, so the liberties taken for turning it into a movie wouldn't have to be severe. (There's also just some aura about it that makes it stick out as a choice for me. Probably has to do with the cinematic feel.)

My other choice would be a completely new story. However, it would need to be seriously good to have a remote chance of being successful.

R

Red Waffles

I think Skyward Sword would make a good movie becuase you can understand Link's emotions and understand his reason. If they ever made the movie they should cut out most of what Fi says.

Simply Ocarina of Time. The simpler story would make for a great flick and keep the audience on its toes and interested. The story is so bare bones in fact that little would be compromised in a movie conversion such as would inevitable occur with larger and more complex stories like Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword. The original trilogy would make the worst movies (sorry somewhat derailing) because the story is largely absent. Well, maybe not ALttP but that would already be stretching it some...

Subzerostupid

Subzerostupid
Ocarina of time because its what everything revolves around. In my timeline thread, im writing 'before/after OoT' A LOT. most of the other games you'd need background info from other games to understand. Also, it involves the time travel element that 'Awesome' wanted with MM and a fantastic story.

DisappearingMist

Mrs. Caleb
I think Skyward Sword's story would be fun to see in film form. I also like how the emotions of the characters are shown more and more realistically, which makes the game more real to me. That all being said, any of the games would be great if done well!

unknown

._.. .. _. _._ morse code
I think that MM would make the best movie, but Zelda probably won't get a movie, nor would it be any good in my opinion. Games are too highly effected by the player and mean different things to different people. I can't see it. The best thing I can think of is like watching someone play a game. Watching an actor figure out a puzzle in a dungeon will never be as fun as playing through the puzzle.

Out of all the games, I'd say that either Ocarina of Time or Twilight Princess had the better storyline. Personally I'd base the Zelda Movie on Ocarina of Time, but I'd base it off the Manga not the game.

T

Thegreatone

I think an all new story, would be the best way to go, picking some elements of other games, but so the story would be the best one for the movies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom