• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Movie In Hollywood

bbevington90

The Mask Salesman
All I know is that if this does happen, it better be really good, and done really well, with a big budget. It has potential to epically fail. Like, Hollywood could NOT half-*** it at all. And if the words "Well, excuuuuuuse me, princess!" are in it, I may just commit suicide on the spot lol.

Beeker

Wild Card
I think quite a few of us have wished to see a big Zelda movie. I think I'd like to see one too, but then again, there is huge potential for failure. The way I see it, it needs a big budget, the best actors, and a great script. If not, most of the fans would not be entirely pleased with it. I've seen the Super Mario Bros. Movie, and it wasn't exactly the same as the game it was based on. I think many fear that the same thing could happen for Zelda.

If only the IGN trailer wasn't a joke, then perhaps that could be a decent movie...

Steve

5/19/13
What do you mean, by Hollywood, as in filming there? Absolutely not, but if they were to make the movie, knowing how they film these kinds of films, it would be somewhere like New Zealand, Iceland, England, etc. If they do, I hope the commitment to it is strong, not just making the film to make it, but to really put a lot of effort into the production. The problem comes with motion-pictures like this, and it's really a succeed or fail situation. They could make it great, and it will turn out like Lord of the Rings, or Harry Potter, or fail like The Last Airbender or Prince of Persia.

bbevington90

The Mask Salesman
What if they didn't make it with real people? If they used computers, and just had voice acting, it would be really hard for it to look stupid. I think the way it looks is a decently big factor in it. Not that acting, story, and script aren't, but if I saw the trailer and saw that the visuals were bad, I wouldn't even bother watching.

Satsy

~~SaturnStorm
If they went with CGI, what Zelda style do you reckon they'd go with, which would you prefer they go with, and how do you think they'd work the plot (around a game, after a game, or as some kind of alternate-universe to better do what they want)?

A lot of things could make it great, and a lot of things could make it terrible. They could probably wind up making a really nice looking over-budgeted and shiny looking movie... but it'd take some doing to really please the fans when it comes to story, accuracy, character (along with development), and even possibly timeline. Probably one of the main reasons such a thing hasn't happened yet.

I hope not. Video games for the most part(I liked the first Mortal Kombat movie)don't make good movies.
I'd rather see them try to make a Zelda anime. After reading the Zelda Manga's, I think that it would be cool if the manga's were animated.
But I'd rather Hollywood stay far far away from Zelda.

Octo Rocked

Dr. Octorokapus BLAAAAAH!
I'm not sure Nintendo would ever approve, but I think that there is a ton of potential for a good Zelda movie. It would almost have to have an original plot, though it could definitely borrow elements from other games. An adaption of any single game wouldn't work, because (as much heat I'll probably get for saying this) OoT didn't have a good enough plot for much outside a video game, Majora's Mask isn't the sort of story that can be told in a movie, and Wind Waker (which probably has the best shot at a good, straight adaption) has too much of its plot steeped in OoT.

And yeah, it would probably make a good anime, too, since the style is already very anime-influenced.

CUCCOMASTER

..and all things will end
only if they give out free zelda games like cards in the premiers of pokemon movies. lol. that would be great! but yeah it would be an epic fail. lol. again. its like it comes out and we all go and see it but turns out its just a walkthrough of OoT. ha

or better yet, they give out a demo of an upcoming game out. but obviously they'd have to get big name actors. of course the movie would have to be based on OoT. maybe get ryan gosling as link or matthew mcconoughey(?) and make him look a little younger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom