• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Monopoly

I just found this on Amazon. It looks very awesome!

Instead of the regular monopoly figures you have Triforce, Hylian Shield, Bow, Slingshot, Hookshot and Boomerang.

Also no more hotels and green houses but Deku Sprouts and Deku Tree's

For me It looks awesome, the price is $35,- at Amazon

000000000000031537_GM_SCREEN_0001_M.JPG
81ALZL44uoL._SL1000_.jpg
51aORE09mYL._SL1000_.jpg

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
I saw this on the front page a while ago, it's pretty cool. I guess any Zelda fan will suggest a couple of things that would have made this better, like shaping the money as Rupees and making their color the same as the ones in game. Also, why aren't the player's pieces actual characters instead of items? Also, Deku Sprout and Deku Tree is the stupidest thing I've heard.

DARK MASTER

The Emperor
Yeah, I have this and the rare Zelda Board Game, but I ideally I'd like to add to my collection of non-videogame Zelda games such as Zelda Chess, and this different Zelda Board Game which was exclusive to Japan.

Badjacoon

Corn fused
Yeah, that Japanese board game looks sweet. Everyone I have found on ebay that is in half decent shape are really expensive!! Would love to get my hands on one though!!

Kylo Ken

I will finish what Spyro started
A buddy of mine get me this for Christmas. Haven't played it yet, but the version I got had the Ocarina of Time as a Gamestop exclusive. It confused me that the Free Parking, Go To Jail, and Jail pictures are still original.

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
Yeah, I bought the GameStop exclusive version for myself when it came out. If possible, DEFINITELY get the GameStop version. It comes with six cards that represent various tools from the games -- like the Ocarina of Time, the Phantom Hourglass, and the Goddess's Harp -- that give the player holding them a special ability. From what I understand, the regular edition of the game doesn't have them. They make the game SO much more interesting and fun, though. The Wind Waker card is pretty much the only reason I won a round against my friends. (Bought the maximum number of Deku Trees on the Twilight Realm and then used the Wind Waker to force her to move there... She lost ALL of her Rupees. XD)

But yeah. It's a fantastic version of the game. I also love the little touches of Hylian language all over the money, the custom game pieces, and the references to pretty much every Zelda title. I especially appreciate how they didn't just focus on the popular titles; even games like Four Swords and The Minish Cap get recognition.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
I'd probably get it if it didn't cost $78 (in Australia). I'll be sticking with the SpongeBob SquarePants edition (aka. the best version) I've been using for the last 10 years.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
I got this for christmas and have already had some fun playing it with friends. After not playing Monopoly in years it is nice to come back with a Zelda version.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
A buddy of mine get me this for Christmas. Haven't played it yet, but the version I got had the Ocarina of Time as a Gamestop exclusive. It confused me that the Free Parking, Go To Jail, and Jail pictures are still original.

The reason they are still original is because it's required for every edition of Monopoly. Those corner squares have to be the same no matter what way the others are altered. It's a shame, since in some editions it really doesn't fit with the theme. Like with this one or with the Doctor Who edition I have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom