• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda MMORPG?

Alder Dragon

Classic Gamer
If Nintendo would release a Zelda title as an MMORPG, what would be your thoughts on that decision? Would you reject it or not play it? What if another company that promotes Zelda (such as capcom) was given rights to make it, or even if it was just a really good unofficial game?

Regardless of how the game would work, what would you think about a Zelda-based game that is 100% player-player interaction?

Seeing as how Zelda has always been based on a single-player adventure rather than a multiplayer cooperative game, I don't think this would ever happen, at least not officially. However, if it did - I'd be interested in it. What would you do?

I would surely get it...but it doesn't mean that it would be any good.
Who would everybody play as though? If everybody was Link it would be pretty confusing.

linkman8

True and Noble
I'd give it a shot at least.

It would probably be a kind of WoW format, where you can choose your race (Hylian, Zora, Goron, etc.) , choose your name, and all sorts of stuff, then play in any of the worlds of the Zelda games, which would be different servers. That's what I'd do, in any case.

Mike Pothier

Lord Shaper

It would probably be a kind of WoW format, where you can choose your race (Hylian, Zora, Goron, etc.) , choose your name, and all sorts of stuff, then play in any of the worlds of the Zelda games, which would be different servers. That's what I'd do, in any case.

Hell, if I were Nintendo, I'd cut out the middleman. Just hire Blizzard to make a WoW-esque Zelda MMORPG. It'll never happen, but they'd make a killing if they did.

D

Deku Lord

There actually is a Zelda MMO already out, for free, but not by Nintendo. The graphics are sprite based, and it's made by a group of fans. It's really quite interesting, and should at least be checked out.

It's called Hyrule Online, simply click here and then click the gigantic "Enter Site" button. Go to downloads and grab the latest version, it's worth it.

Dabombster

Do the thing
Site Staff
I don't think it'd be such a great idea. I don't know about you guys, but I don't like Zelda for the fighting and such. While it is cool and fun and such, I still like the puzzles better. I enjoy sitting down and working my way through a good puzzle. Which is why I suppose the later Zelda games haven't been as much fun to me, they have only been repeating puzzles in previous Zelda games.

I don't think it'd be such a great idea. I don't know about you guys, but I don't like Zelda for the fighting and such. While it is cool and fun and such, I still like the puzzles better. I enjoy sitting down and working my way through a good puzzle. Which is why I suppose the later Zelda games haven't been as much fun to me, they have only been repeating puzzles in previous Zelda games.

I like the fighting but I agree, too much fighting takes away from the game, there should be a balance with the emphasis on putting in lots of challenging new innovative puzzles.

Yeah, that would make sense. I would definately give it a shot, but i would probably take a long time to DL.

I would surely get it...but it doesn't mean that it would be any good.
Who would everybody play as though? If everybody was Link it would be pretty confusing.

I think you still dont realize that Link himself is not an actual character. Link is the player itself 'linked' to the game. The ideal Link character is usually an adventurer that gets involved with a much greater quest. Anyone and everyone can be 'Link', doesnt mean they have to look exactly like Link or be named Link.

But huh, this would not work. The Zelda series is about a quest to save Hyrule or some other world. The only way it would work is if only one person can be the hero and everyone else has to be helpers, wise men, fortune tellers, etc etc etc etc..which also wouldnt even work. The only true way this would work is if Nintendo drastically changed the Zelda series into making it more Final Fantasy or WoW style which would in fact kill the series.

A

Arix

Personally I'd love to just be able to explore Hyrule. As much as I love playing as Link and saving the Land of Hyrule, I think it'd be interesting to play as a member of one of the many races of the games. Everyone wouldn't just have to be a 'Hero', there could be thieves, merchants, pirates, clerics, bards, all kinds of other classes. It would be fun just to explore this rich land from a different perspective. It wouldn't be 'the Legend of Zelda' in the way we're used to, but Hyrule doesn't just need to be explored/saved by Link. Its such an interesting land itself, I think it deserves to be expanded into something much... bigger than Link, if that makes sense.

Inflexus

ZDG's Prophet
Having a Zelda multiplayer that goes beyond 4 swords would be amazing, the world would have to be huge and there would need to be tons of customisable options and armor and equipment, and users wouldn't be able to necessaraly look like Link.

But I'd definitely buy in to the idea of an indepth Zelda MMO.

O

OCDays

haha link vs link, if one was dark link it would be cool but online zelda, its just not the same, u need a storyline for zelda, one of the few games that just wouldnt work well online

E

ebuch

This reminds me of Realms of Hyrule... the RPG Forum for Zelda fans

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom