• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda MMORGP: Domain of Hyrule

Status
Not open for further replies.

Galactiastudios

Two nerds on a mission...
Aha! We've thought about that! You do not play as the a legendary hero what-so-ever! You do nothing heroic ever! It's only an adventure where you can do dungeons, but you don't have. You'll never fight Ganon or any other major threats. You'll actually never see Link, you'll only hear about him. We have this all thought out mate, I've been reading forums like this for three years before we've perfected this idea.

S

SwipertheFox

So far this sounds good, but if things go to wrong, how are you to hold it up? This is as in money to update the game, revise it, make it look better. Most games that are F2P need money to keep going anyway and money is spent on many things other than just holding up a game.

S

SwipertheFox

Yeah, I was thinking the same with the multiple characters. Thinking on female Zora and Male Hylian to play as. Hopefully I can do that with just one account. I really think this sounds good, so hopefully I can get a go at the beta mode one day. I'm really liking the idea, but the money issue on holding the game up is my main concern/question.

Galactiastudios

It costs nothing to update the game. Right now, you would have to download the game from a website, which will be on a free hosting server, and install the engine. I'm am using the best free software nothing can buy to make it, and me 'n the team are going to be releasing a preview to show how far we are along. We just need to tweak a few things, but it should be out in the next week or so.

S

SwipertheFox

Ah, okay, I see now. Well, I really wanna get a go at it, so I can't wait to see how it goes. Best of Luck with it. ^-^

Lord_Cathaseigh

Like a sir.
A job system would work pretty well, I think. You could be a knight or nobleman where you'd do quests or employ soldiers, respectively; you could be a mercenary; you could hunt monsters as part of a guild, ect.. A musician could work too. You'd basically whip out your instrument, pick between 3 musical modes(major, minor, jazz...), and have 7 buttons for each note, then just use up and down to bend the pitch!

Last edited:

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
I can't say that I'm a big fan of a Zelda MMORGP. It might work, but it didn't work for Final Fantasy, so I don't see it working for Zelda either.

Lord_Cathaseigh

Like a sir.
Despite the fact that FF14 was a failure, 13 and 14 were both games that unfortunately strayed from what the series is known for... it also didn't help that 13 was made more with the japanese in mind, instead of making something directed to people everywhere.
Zelda, on the other hand, has maintained the quality Zelda is known for. I honestly think that if you work hard enough(or alternatively, have the genius), you could make something people can appreciate, be it a restareaunt or an MMO.

Galactiastudios

Hmm... That's an idea we'll have to think about... Good thought sir! If your idea is implemented, credit to you!

I like the concept, but I doubt Nintendo will ever allow fans to create it. Though, maybe, if we pitched the idea, it could find its way to the Wii U. I can dream.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom