• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

ZELDA MMO (Massively Multiplayer Online)

Would you play a Zelda MMO?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Fierce

Deity Link
Zelda needs an MMO. I really think it is time for Nintendo to get out of their comfort zone and make this happen.
I think this game would have MASS appeal, and would have such an amazing following. The universe of Zelda is just begging for an MMO too, what with all the races, locations, and creatures... hell the list is just to long!

Alright well, be prepared for a longggggg post... here it goes.

My ideas for a Zelda MMO:
Legend of Zelda Online: The War of Hyrule.

This era of Hyrule's history would be set in the wartime period just before OOT. The large scale conflict is only hinted at in the game and would be the perfect setting for an MMO. This would allow a reason for players to collaborate and battle. OOT Hyrule is undoubtedly the most popular era in all of the series as well. Link would not have been born yet and Ganondorf is alive, making for much possible backstory like how the King came to trust (or defeat) Ganondorf to the point where he swears allegiance to him, and why Link's parents were killed. Hyrule will not be the only continent...

Races:
The Hero can opt for several races for his avatar, each with its own strengths, classes, and specialties.

Hylian:
- Well rounded
- Can be all classes (Except race exclusives)
- Can use both types of magic (Fairy and Black)

Exclusive class: Hylian Knight
Adept in Fairy Magic and Sword based combat,
Can use advanced swordplay
Can use every single weapon
Salary awarded by king

Trade: All trades

Goron:
- Physical based classes
- Highest defense power
- Immunity to Lava
- Cannot use magic
- Fast transportation without horses on land (rolling)
- HP Regeneration when curled up
- Rocks = potions

Exclusive Class: Sumo Champion
- Advanced weaponless Monk Class
- faster roll speed
- breath underwater
- has a wide array of suplex combos and advanced unarmed attacks
- can't use weapons or armors yet its attack and defense are already extreme
- Can block weapon attacks with stomach and catch magic and throw it back

Trade: Weapon Smith/ Bomb making

Zora:
-
Magic based class
- Immune to water, resistant to fire, yet super weak to Ice
- Infinite breathe and mastery of underwater combat
- Cannot use dark magic
- Heals in Water
- Fast travel in water without the use of a boat
- Cannot be thief class

Exclusive Class: Aquamancer
- Advanced water mastery (faster swimming)
- Can create floods on land to support fellow zoras/itself (essentially allowing zora's water skills to be used on land.
- Can travel on land fast by land swimming (creating a stream of water in front of it)
- Loses the ability to use other elements other than lightning and water
- Gains many Water skills
- Only class besides Hylian Knight that can use Tridents (Weapon that takes attack power from magic stat)
- cannot be a monk type

Trade: Fishing/ Boat building

Deku Scrub:
-Thief based class
-Can hide in the ground
-Able to make deku nuts automatically (sellable and useable)
-Weak to fire, resistant to water
-Can summon deku babas
- Only class that can fly (indefinitely)
- Trade bonuses and discounts, excess to the Deku only black market where rare items can be found and traded with npcs and other dekus
- Weak physically and moderate physically
- cannot be a warrior

Class Exclusive: Deku Tycoon
- Only trade based class
- Can create more items, all potions
- uses less materials to make
- discounts even greater, can overcharge sales with npcs
- jet-like flying speed
- can make deku bombs
- can maneuver under doors, to raid chests (lock picking)
- Horrendous attack/magic ability, almost unable to fight

Trade: Bartering, Consumable item production

Sheikah:
- Master of Shadow Magic and stealth
- Silent killing techniques
- Frail defenses (worse than even deku)
- Highest attack power and second highest magic power
- Cannot use fairy magic (elemental skills)
- Can use deku nuts to teleport short distances
- Can use only Mage, Thief, Ninja classes (along with race specialty)
> Ninja is exclusive to Sheikah and replaces warrior
- Extremely fast run speed and vastly increased jump distance
- Exclusive Dark magics and ninja weapons
- Becomes stronger at night, weaker during the day
- Cannot swim, walks on water
- Can communicate globally with other sheikah through gossip stones
- Cannot be monk class

Exclusive Class: Shadow Master
- Can become completely invisible at the cost of being able to attack (can still be hurt)
- Advanced Shadow Magic
- Advanced Silent Killing Techniques
- Advanced Swordplay
- Jet-like run speed (faster than gorons roll yet has its own stamina bar)
- Can create illusions of itself
- Hp regenerates at night
- Can teleport globally via Gossip stones

Trade: None

Gerudo

-
Dark Magic only
- Weak to all fairy magic, resistant to dark magic
- 1/1000 Gerudo users will be given the option to be a male gerudo
> Much stronger than regular Gerudo, and all male gerudo classes gain mastery of dark magic
- For the most part however, female only
- Best classes: Thief and Warrior
- In PvP, +20% attack bonus against male characters, +20% defense bonus against female characters
- Can steal boats, horses, and hijack Caravans
- Able to steal other users equipment in dungeons, (rupees on field)
- Cannot use shields, but can dual equip weapons
- Horse speed bonus +20%
- Stronger than the hylian, but a bit slower with less health, way less defense, and worse magic
- Banned from Castle Town and many other cities

Exclusive class: Desert Queen. (If male these are called Dark Lords)
- Exclusive Sand based spells
- Mastery of Shadow magic
- Can double equip heavy weapons (even 2 handed swords)
- Can wall jump
- Advanced two handed sword combos and mastery
- Can throw swords (will lose the item)

Trade: Thievery, can steal in all classes and overcharge at npc

Special Race: Fierce Deity
GM class/race
- Immortal
- One shot kills
- Can use every weapon/skill/ spell/class ability
- Can shoot sword beams
- Get the exclusive helix sword
- Hovers
- Glows with an aura
- Can summon players/ ban them
- Silence players
- Can spawn bosses anywhere
(Hylians have a 0.00001 % chance to become a nerfed Fierce Deity [sans GM abilities and ohkos] for 10 minutes upon death in a boss battle)

Classes
After choosing your race you can then train in any classes listed below. You can switch classes in town, and your experience with each class will be saved. Stat gains are chosen by the player, as are skill builds, however each class as they are leveled will provide stat bonuses.

Warrior:
- Typical physical attack type
- Uses many weapons and skills
- Poor magic
- Decent defense
- Plays most like Link does
- Easy for Novices
- Can use Hammer, Bow
- Best: Hylian

Ninja*
*Same as Warrior with a few exceptions*
- Cannot use heavy weapons like broadswords axes, etc
- Cannot use shields
- Moderate Magic ability
- Can use Longshot, Bow, Boomerang, Deku Nuts
- Best: Sheikah (and only)

Mage
-
Powerful magic
- More spells
- Weak Physically
- Cannot use heavy weapons
- Can use advanced magic staffs
- Can use fire/ice/light arrows (Shadow arrows if shiekah)
- Magic power regenerates
- Can use LTTP Rods, Bow, Deku Nuts
- Best: Zora

Thief
- Can lockpick, (no need for small keys)
- Weak defense
- slightly Weaker attack
- moderate spells
- Can learn many evade skills
- Can steal rupees from players
- Can use Hookshot, slingshot, boomerang, Roc's feather, Deku Nuts
- Best: Deku Scrub

Monk:
- Great physical prowess
- Great spell resistance
- Great defense
- Cannot equip ANY weapons
- When still, Auto heal HP (Meditate)
- Reflex dodging (like in other m)
- Advanced unarmed combat and combos
- Can use energy blasts that consume magic
(Even gorons can use, but shoots fire element instead and uses no magic)

Race exclusives:
Each race has an ultimate god class which serve as an advanced form of their specialty. These classes can only be used when each race masters their 'best class.'
Hylian Warrior > Hylian Knight, Zora Mage > Aquamancer, Goron Monk > Sumo Champion, Deku Thief > Deku Tycoon, Sheikah Ninja > Shadow Master

The World
The world will be massive with expanded versions of all the OOT Zelda Locations, along with many new ones. Each race will have a hub world that will serve as a spawn point when you die a fairyless death

Hylians- Castle Town
Zoras- Zora's Domain
Gorons- Goron City
Deku Scrub- Deku Palace
> Only hub located in Termina (acessible through Lost woods)
> Lost woods leads straight to Deku Palace
Sheikah- The Shadow Temple (only starting town exclusive to a race: Sheikah)

Other hub towns: (Can save spawn point)
Black Market (Deku Only)
Lon Lon Farms
Gerudo Valley
Kokori Village
Clocktown
Snow Peak (Goron/Hylian Exclusive)
Great Bay Zora's Domain (Zora/Hylian Exclusive)
Ikana
Kolint Island

Hyrule/Termina will be enormous, much expanded than in the 64 games. Will not be the same look or structure from the games at all, but rather a reinvention.

New Continents
These areas will feature all new towns and dungeons never before seen to Zelda.

Overworld:
Non-player kill, and filled with monsters. Great for leveling up. The Overworld Fields are massive and transportation methods like caravan, horse, and boats are recommended.

Dungeons: HUGE, and scattered throughout the land.

How these work:
Riddled with enemies and puzzles that grow increasingly tougher as you progress through them. Monsters respawn quickly... as do rupee chests. Small key puzzles reset after 10 minutes. Doors re-lock after 1 minute. Bosses respawn after 1-3 hours. These dungeons will be literally MASSIVE, and you will need to form parties with other players to survival at all in them at low levels. Some areas can only be accessed in a party due to multiple person involved challenges. You will either need to camp the door as a single player, until a party opens it, or temporarily team up with other explorers. All dungeons are player kill so you cannot simply loot, or use other players (though it is a key strategy for the thief class to do so anyway.) Some areas are race and class specific as well. (i.e. a hookshot is needed to climb a nook to press a switch). Dungeons focus heavily on teamwork, yet they can end up becoming chaotic battlefields if people refuse to do so. This is a more realistic way of handling these things... it will also encourage people to band together and play all sorts of methods.
- Puzzles will have multiple solutions based on classes often as well.-

Boss keys can only be used by a player or a whole party, and when used only the team/player that used it is allowed in the boss fight. (As such boss key rooms will be literal battlefields. Bosses will be wickedly strong, yet they drop the best gear/rares and give godly experience. There is much motivation to grow stronger this way...

Additional Info

Battle system:
Functions exactly like the classic Zelda battle system, yet damage is based on statistical formula and you are able to level up.

Customizing:
Avatars have a wide array of hairstyles, facial features. Each race will look widely different, having many individual differentiating features.

Hylians:
Basic facial customization similar to many mmos. Wide variety of hats, eyewear, earrings, etc.

Zora:
Choose fish type (head and body shape) along with regular facial features. Comes in Blue, Pink, Light brownish/ black gradient. Only black eyes.

Gorons:
User designed and Preset body tattoos from head to to toe. No facial customization but has various rocky differences on the face and body instead.

Deku Scrub:
Any color leaves the user chooses(gradient elect, you design your leaf type and such as well, eyes and various facial features

Shiekah: Much like hylians but only one hair color: silver, eye color: red

Each race has various outfit variations as well.

So yeah... Would you guys play a Zelda MMO like this? What would be some of your ideas and features?

Last edited:

Justeazy

Todo is the pfuf!
I'll play!
Dibs on a Hylian in the sacred green garb named Link.

Also, an official Zelda title must follow the L.A.W. (Link Always Wins).

I challenge you. Even with your ******** powers I still win because I'm awesome and if you win then you broke the L.A.W. and the game implodes upon itself. I kill any new characters who join instantly; thus rendering this game a "sign up to see an instant death" flash animation.
</sarcasm>

No, I do not think it'd be a good idea.

PS: You aren't Fierce.Deity, are you?

Sarianae

Infinite Dreamer
I'll play!
Dibs on a Hylian in the sacred green garb named Link.

Also, an official Zelda title must follow the L.A.W. (Link Always Wins).

I challenge you. Even with your ******** powers I still win because I'm awesome and if you win then you broke the L.A.W. and the game implodes upon itself. I kill any new characters who join instantly; thus rendering this game a "sign up to see an instant death" flash animation.
</sarcasm>

No, I do not think it'd be a good idea.

PS: You aren't Fierce.Deity, are you?

Hmmm...you might have come across a bit harsh there Justeazy~ ^^;

I would personally not play a Zelda MMO because I avoid MMOs in general....I just don't really like them and I wouldn't want to spend my time on them.
However, that is due to my personal tastes. I'm sure a lot of other people would be interested in playing a Zelda MMO.

Side note: I actually think that were Fierce.Deity to make an ALT account, he would choose a username much different so as not to arouse suspicions. You have to turn the chessboard around and think about it from the opposite side~ :)

Last edited:

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
I don't think this is a good idea and would probably ruin Zelda for me. At least in this sense. Nintendo just wouldn't do it anyway because they only publish games on their systems!!!

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
One of the special & unique things about the Zelda series is that it's one of the very few franchises that hasn't succumbed to online multiplayer gaming, yet it's still one of the best and longest tenured gaming franchises of all time.

Sarianae

Infinite Dreamer
But what if that is exactly what he wants you to think? In that case, it's BRILLIANT!

xD True, but it's less likely for a person to think like that and come to that conclusion. "Fierce" is just too close to "Fierce.Deity" and in all honesty the person would be too uncomfortable with too close a similarity.

Oooh...I'm intrigued. *clears throat* Where's my Gerudo?

No Gerudo, so I chose Sheikah: Ninja. I like stealth. I wonder how the Shadow Arrow would work; is there perhaps a status ailment associated with it?

I hope I didn't miss anything, but can Medallions of Sages be implemented? Certain medallions could give the associated race some kind of boost or secondary special abilities. Example: The Forest Medallion could be used to summon animals/creatures or something.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think it would be a good idea, because it would make Zelda feel less like Zelda and more like your everyday fantasy-RPG, I think one of the reasons Zelda is so good is because nintendo don't do whats popular, but rather defines what popular and try to be different from other games. By creating a Zelda MMO with classes etc. they would ruin the Zelda feel.

Fierce

Deity Link
Of course! That would be quite epic...

Also I'll add 2 more race I suppose. Just for fun ;)

Gerudo

-
Dark Magic only
- Weak to all fairy magic, resistant to dark magic
- 1/1000 Gerudo users will be given the option to be a male gerudo
> Much stronger than regular Gerudo, and all male gerudo classes gain mastery of dark magic
- For the most part however, female only
- Best classes: Thief and Warrior
- In PvP, +20% attack bonus against male characters, +20% defense bonus against female characters
- Can steal boats, horses, and hijack Caravans
- Able to steal other users equipment in dungeons, (rupees on field)
- Cannot use shields, but can dual equip weapons
- Horse speed bonus +20%
- Stronger than the hylian, but a bit slower with less health, way less defense, and worse magic
- Banned from Castle Town and many other cities

Exclusive class: Desert Queen. (If male these are called Dark Lords)
- Exclusive Sand based spells
- Mastery of Shadow magic
- Can double equip heavy weapons (even 2 handed swords)
- Can wall jump
- Advanced two handed sword combos and mastery
- Can throw swords (will lose the item)

Trade: Thievery, can steal in all classes and overcharge at npc

Justeazy

Todo is the pfuf!
Wait, now I'm a little confused. Are you proposing that Nintendo should actually make this, or you would like to make as like a playable fanfic-RPG type thing?

Because if it's the former, my position stands that it would be, well, bad. If it's the latter then that's pretty much what I've done. (Link in sig: Zelda Dungeoning)
Minus the overworld because it's not graphical so that wouldn't really work, it's pretty much the same idea. Though there are a few kinks I'm still trying to work out it's doing pretty well. It's an RPG to the core, and I've spent loads of time on it. It's been up for only like a week and I already have over a dozen people interested in it.
If that's something your proposing, then I like it, though I'm also a little chizzed because it's almost like you're ripping me off. :P </blatant advertising>

Anyway, the biggest thing I don't like about yours is:
Link would not have been born yet and Ganondorf is alive, making for much possible backstory like how the King came to trust (or defeat) Ganondorf to the point where he swears allegiance to him
First off Ganondorf, before Link was born, hasn't revealed his evil role. If it's the point where Ganondorf is interacting with the king then Link is already involved. And if at any time we're fighting him then we're interfering with the real OoT storyline.

D

dinolink80

Oooh! I'm in! I call zora!!!!!

Oh Poey. The way you did Zora doesn't really explain the Zora that much. In the game, you never see Zoras use magic. You see them doing Water Ninja skills and stuff like that. Their only real magical quality is the fact that they can breathe above and under water, and that they talk. But gorons talk and are fire resistant and aren't magical. BTW, Zoras are NOT fire-resistant at ALL. I bet if you threw one into a blaze, it would burn to a crisp, unless it shot water. Srry.

Fierce

Deity Link
I made these ideas up just for fun, I'd love to hear some other peoples ideas though.
I wish I could make this into a game of my own but I lack the programing knowledge. Nintendo may delve into the world of MMOs soon with the advent of Project Cafe's new and improved focus on internet gameplay... so who knows really? I'm a respected writer, so I'm sure by use of name I could at least get the attention of NOA. jk jk XD

To the naysayers, it wouldn't ruin Zelda, it would just create a Zelda world where fellow Zelda affectionados could conglomerate and battle evil together. :D

@Justeazy
We don't know if Ganondorf was defeated by the King's army or he just gained the Kings trust. The only thing we know is that he swears false loyalty to him.

As for the Zoras and their relation to magic. I found them as a very religious people, worshiping Jabu Jabu and such. It would make sense to me that they could be magical... Either way, it really is its own telling of Zelda, and the classes are better with some statistical variation. For the games purposes, a fire resistance could work so Zoras won't be completely useless in areas devoid of any water. (Fire areas)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom