• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Minecraft

I wasn't entirely sure where to put this, whether it should be either World of Zelda, or General Gaming. If it needs to be moved, go ahead.

Also, i wanted to say hi to everyone again, its been a while, but im here. :)

Now, with the ability to mod Minecraft and make something entirely new if we wanted to, I've come up with the idea of a true Zelda Craft. While im working now on a Minish Cap texture pack (Titled MinishCraft), i thought it would be better to tackle an entirely new concept, and mod the game itself. SO. With that being said, here are the ideas of things i want to change in the game.

1. Removing the Food Meter/Enter Magic Meter
The food meter, in anything that is supposed to resemble the Legend of Zelda, would feel weird and out of place. This new mod is more combat based, so worrying about farming or hunting shouldn't be a necessity, right? That being said, with the Food Meter out of the way, we can now replace it with the Magic Meter, for Magical Items, Spells, etc. More on items later.

2. Adding Shields/Creating Weapon Sets
I wanted to add shields into the game, because what's Zelda without them, right? Well, the problem is, they would be hard to use with Minecrafts control scheme. That being said, i had the idea of taking a Sword and Shield, and crafting them together for one item. Youd then use both as one equipped item, the shield would be automatic, like in A Link to the Past. You could also take the Sword/Shield sets apart later.

3. No More Armor/New Equippables
The Armor doesnt seem like it would fit in the game, to be honest. However, i did come across an even better idea. The slots for Armor could be replaced by new items, such as Zora Scales, Power Gloves, Fire Earrings, etc. Things that would fit in the Quest Item Subscreen, or otherwise non-equippable items, as far as the Zelda games go.

4. More Mobs/Zelda Enemies!
This is the first part i need help with. As far as the basics go, the game MUST have Octoroks, Leevers, Moblins, Stalfos, Darknuts, Zolas/Zoras and Tektites. Just your basic LoZ Lineup. (Most of them, anyways) I need help not only listing more, but coming up with accurate descriptions of how these enemies would be fought in battle, their weaknesses, what items they could drop, etc.

5. More Items!
This is the other thing i really need help with. Crafting new items. For example. Taking the scale dropped from a (bad) Zora when it's killed, you could surround with with silver (A new ore to be obtained) to make a silver scale. This silver scale would be equipped in the old Armor section and would double your oxygen meter while swimming. Taking a Silver Scale, surrounding it with gold and more scales on the crafting table would be double the silver's effect. This is a great example my friend gave me. So, my request for you all is, that you can take an item from the Zelda series, find a way to craft it, what items you would need to craft it, where these items would be obtained, etc. What effects the item would have for Link. Ill be hard at work on this for the next few days. Ill check back often to see what you guys come up with, and ill share my own ideas. See you all then :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom