• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Master Sword Theory

G

GoodSpaceFellow

hello, First off i want to say hello, and thank you for welcoming to your forums.

Now i want to discuss the master sword, at the end of Skyward sword link put the true master sword into the temple, Fi says that she must leave link as there adventure is over and her mission is done, so she must go into the master sword to go into an endless sleep, Demise is also inside the sword so if the link from OoT pull the sword, sending link 7 years into the future, how come Fi, nor demise come out? it also explains how ganondorf can get revived so many time, the power/evil inside the sword of demise alouds ganondorf to get revived because according to the legend, only the master sword can truly kill ganondorf, but yet, he get revived.

Feel free to comment, and share your thoughts. :)

This is an interesting topic. Fi actualy says that the remains of Demise will go away over time, or something similar, so I guess that he is simply gone by the time of OoT.

What happened to Fi herself is a different topic. OoT makes no indication that there is a blue girl living inside the sword. The only line that can be connected with Fi, as far as I know, is that it is stated in Wind Waker that Link was chosen by the Master Sword; however, it was not Fi that chose Link as a hero in SS, so I do not really understand how that idea would work.

/Blue Window

To Links Ultimate

I am not sure if you referred to my post or not. But I can show the quote from WW where it says that Link is chosen by the Master Sword any way.

Originally Posted by Laruto

O great hero, chosen by the Master Sword!

/Blue Window

How does the Master Sword get moved from place to place? Like from the Sealed Grounds, to the Temple of Time, etc? Unless they keep building around it? I think there's only 1 pedestal of time.

Yeah that's what I wonder too how does the sealed grounds turn into the woods in Alttp to the Temple of time etc but at the end of Skyward sword they show the master sword in some ruins that remind me of TP where you get the master sword so now I'm really confused as OOT came b4 TP so unless they moved the master sword or changed the sealed temple to the temple of time (which would make sense it looks the same and has a gate of time) I can see no explanation

They don't escape because, I guess i haven't beat it yet, Fi seals demise in the sword with her self. Demise isn't ganondorf, but is the cause of him to my understanding.

they are both sealed into the master sword not the Pedestal of time or anything and i think that they just make new Pedestal for the sword to stay in because dose it really matter what rock the master sword resides in the sword chooses the new master not the rock its stuck in.

Since Fi's duty has been fulfilled, she has stated that she would fade into nonexistence after Link places the Master Sword in the pedestal. Demise's corporeal form has faded away by the events of Ocarina of Time.

People seem to miss this, but for all the Master Sword cannot exist in any game after AlttP, because in the end of ALttP, it says "the Master Sword was placed back in the pedistal FOREVER" People seem to miss this a lot.

It says that it sleeps forever. In the aLttp manga (which although non-canon, is sanctioned by Nintendo), the Master Sword is sentient. The sleeping of the master sword could mean that its sentience has been quelled.

If we completely disregard the manga, one could argue that the Master Sword can be reforged once again as it did in Skyward Sword. Since it is "sleeping" in aLttp, we could say that the power to repel evil has merely moved somewhere else and can be harnessed at some point in the future.

I honestly think that won't happen, but there's nothing to disprove it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom