• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Manga

Does anyone here read the Zelda Mangas, and if you have, what do you think of them?

I myself like the mangas.
My favorite one is the Oracle of Ages manga.
I like how the mangas give some of the characters more depth.
I think that ever though they are not canon, they are still a fun read for Legend of Zelda fans.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
I am collecting them, I have so far, OoT vol.1 and 2, MM, and OoS, because they are the only ones that have been released here.
When newer ones come out, I'll get them as well.

So far, OoS is the funniest, I first read it on the train on my way home, and I couldn't stop laughing

I don't usually read Manga's but seeing as I want to learn as much as I can about the Zelda franchise as a whole I may try and get hold of these. I'm not much of a Manga type person when it comes to reading, I prefer full text books.

Seeing as you have said that the Manga adds to the characters depth I am most likely to read these somewhere....Maybe it will turn me to reading Manga as well.

midnightokami

Can I has cheese burger?
I have read few of the manga books. Ocarina of time was one of the best zelda manga I have read. You can find the zelda manga on zelda dungeon or one manga. They are really easy to find! ^^

x-Link-x

c o u r a g e ;
I have a few of the mangas them selves and I'd say they're pretty good. The art is very well done and of course it gives the series that innocent and childish feeling to see the many expression they give the characters. One thing that would be odd about them, however, is the way they have to rush things. I've always hated when they do things like that but I know it cannot be helped. After all, most of the time Link spends inside dungeouns he's alone and what not.

I am trying to collect all of the manga and the way I am going right now, buying them as I see them at the store, I might have them all in little to no time at all. Yeah, I like going out to shop and such. xD

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
I have the series currently through Four Swords Part One. I enjoy them as a bit of a different look at the game's stories, but I don't take them very seriously in terms of new ideas that they introduce such as Link owning Volvagia as a child.

I really enjoyed the art in OoT and MM, but I'm not enjoying how the style is getting a bit sloppy in further volumes. I understand they've adapted their style to fit better with TWW style, but it seems a bit rushed compared to the better drawn OoT and MM.

I'm not a Magna fan, so I don't really have an appreciation for it in comparison to other Magna, but as a Zelda interpretation, I enjoy them.

And to fiercedeity, you can buy them in book stores who sell Magna digests, or you can order them through comic book shops. The company that publishes them is called Viz Media.

knowlee

Like a river's flow, it never ends...
I've read all the mangas so far. (Courtesy of ZD. :D ) Except if you count the PH manga... -.-

Anyway, back on topic, I liked how they added more character personality to Link. They gave him a personality and portrayed how he would feel in the situations that he faced in the games (although the games did sometimes portray his emotions). I've haven't really found a problem in how the manga portrayed the characters although I did have a problem in the length of some of the mangas.

For example, I think that MM and OoT should have been longer; at least more than 2 volumes. But that's my opinion on the matter...

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
I´ve started to collect them but I am actually not sure if I´m going to buy the rest of the titles when they are released. The first ones were somewhat of a disappointment to me and that´s why I´m not sure what to do next :S

The games are what the legend is all about!

Dark_Kokiri

I be a Kokiri~
I love the Zelda manga. I am slowly reading them, I go on another website to download the fan translations... I'm yet to get the English versions. I'd like to own them, but it's not on my priority list.

Actually, my 2 cousins, my sister, and I match up perfectly with how they have they have the Four Sword personalities set up. I'm not even kidding, we dressed up as them for Halloween last year. Was very epic, we fit right into character! xD

Anyhow, I read them when I get bored. There were a lot of questions answered for me in the OoT manga, like Zelda/Sheik situation and why Link has earrings. Satisfied me, and it's official. c:

Waker of winds

Finally playing PH!
Actually, my 2 cousins, my sister, and I match up perfectly with how they have they have the Four Sword personalities set up. I'm not even kidding, we dressed up as them for Halloween last year. Was very epic, we fit right into character! xD

How freaking cool:xd:! I would love to do that with my bro and my 2 cousins(just like you. What a coincidence:)), but we are nothing near the personalities, except for me, I'm exactly like blue Link:P.

I also love the mangas. I'm impressed that there isn't a manga section here at the forums. I think they give Link more personnality too.
My personal favorite is the Minish Cap Manga. I loved Link and Ezlo's fights! I also like OoT and MM mangas, I somehow identified myself with that Link, because I'm also a little hot headed:nod:.

www.zeldainmypocket.com
I am collecting them, I have so far, OoT vol.1 and 2, MM, and OoS, because they are the only ones that have been released here.
When newer ones come out, I'll get them as well.

So far, OoS is the funniest, I first read it on the train on my way home, and I couldn't stop laughing

OoS is probablt the best one. OoA is good, too.

What do you mean, "they are the only ones that have been released here"? Go to Amazon.com, and you can get OoT 1, OoT 2, MM, OoS, OoA, and FSA 1. They're only 8$ each. Good deal.

They're currently releasing a new book (over here) every other month. They've already announced FSA 2, TMC, and ALTTP coming out.

For those of you who haven't read the mangas, I've got to say that they're great, and well worth a read, even though they aren't canon. Most of them are quite humorous.

Lady_Yuna

GoodNight SunShine!
Let's see......I've read almost all of them.... and my favorite zelda manga would have to be ocarina of time. I <3 the pictures especially the sheik ones.

Len

Zelda On Paper
well...i have only readed AND OWNED 4 swords adventures (the first chapters) and im trying to own more, and still can,t find one

Last edited:

Smitie

The Dutch Kusagari
I read the OoT manga on ZD and I saw someone with the OOA or OOS manga when I was in the parc. I didn't know those books are so small though.

I personally aren't a fan of comic books or manga, so I don't see myself collecting them, but it is fun to read them on ZD once in a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom