• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Manga

Burning Beast

Go to Hell 4 Heavens Sake
Hey there may be another thread like this, and I'm not sure if this the right place to post but... I recently purchased the Box Set for the Zelda Manga and I finished the last of them today. I really enjoyed them, and I was wondering what other people thought of them.

My personal favorite was Oracle of Seasons. I really liked the relationship between Link and Din, though I would have liked it to be a bit more... I dont know... deeper? :thinking:

Anyway what did you guys think?

I've only read the ones of the games I've played. I read them on the media section of the website. I really enjoyed the ones I have read. I really really like the OoT. It was really funny and I really enjoyed the extra stories that came with it.

Burning Beast

Go to Hell 4 Heavens Sake
Yeah the four swords was pretty good... I love the extra part at the end where Link sticks the sword back in and nothing happens and everyone just goes crazy and he tries again real quick and it works. Whew!

I only bought my faves because they were cheap and i was curious so MM and the two part OoT are all I own and I'd get a Link to the Past if i hadn't found the manga's disappointing, i wasn't expecting a panel by panel breakdown of the games in the manga but there are limits you can take with liberties on a plot, even the Vampire Hunter D manga isn't as bad as the Zelda mangas and they take shortcuts into nonsensical plot point that dont exist in the source material too. MM was better than the OoT 2parter (can't get over Link buying Volvagia at a pet store....) I'd have picked up Twilight Princess and Wind Waker out of sheer curiosity on how they butchered the plots in those ones if they had made one of them, maybe they will though, i know theyre doing an SS two part manga too.

I love the Mangas of The legend of Zelda, especially Ocarina of Time. Whenever I read them, I can visualize what is happening in my head, which makes me think I'm reading a Manga and watching an Anime at the same time, and I absolutely love that feeling. Because the Manga is more narrative then the games, the connections between the characters are far more greater and more deep, which is something you can't easily replicate in a game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom